Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Naval Special Warfare > SEAL Phony Check - DO NOT post before Reading the stickies

Closed Thread

Old 21 January 2018, 22:34
Confirmed User

Phony Check

Local high school hired a football coach who is claiming he was a Navy SEAL, Army Ranger and Green Beret. Steven Mueller graduated high school 1988. Thanks.
Old 21 January 2018, 22:50
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMP View Post
Local high school hired a football coach who is claiming he was a Navy SEAL, Army Ranger and Green Beret. Steven Mueller graduated high school 1988. Thanks.
Claiming a Trident, long tab, and short tab....I can almost promise you he is full of shit.

I'll let the Frogs clear this up.

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine
Old 21 January 2018, 22:56
Confirmed User

And in print too
http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...118-story.html
Old 21 January 2018, 23:16
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMP View Post
I've interacted with Steve prior to him getting out of the Army about a year ago discussing coaching football at the HS or college level. I was tracking that he was a prior SEAL as well as Ranger and SF qualified. I never felt the need to check his creds then as he was assigned to Coronado from SWC and during my interactions with him, nothing caused me to be a sceptic. BL- I can't vouch with 100% certainty but I have interacted with him and thought he was very professional.

A problem shared is a problem ridiculed
Old 22 January 2018, 01:18

"Mueller had professional football aspirations at Illinois, but his career was ended because of a spinal condition."

I'm curious how he did the SEAL and Ranger and SF gig with a spinal condition that took him out of football. He has to be one bad dude, maybe.
Old 22 January 2018, 05:06
Ne Obliviscaris

There is a pretty good book out there (been mentioned on this site before) about a dude who started off as an SF Long Tabber then got out of the Army and a year later enlisted in the Navy and went to BUDS and on to the Teams. He also subsequently went to Ranger school as a SEAL. The book gives a brief synopsis of the initial training of SF, BUDS and Ranger School. The book is by Jeff Krause and is called, "You Want Me to Do What?" In the book, he states he knows others who have served in more than one SOF unit over their careers. While rare, according to the author it does happen.
Old 22 January 2018, 08:36
Administrator

Steven Mueller is a real Navy SEAL, Class 197. I also know of a SF Enlisted who became a SEAL Officer -He was in my BUD/S class - Mark Schnittger
Old 22 January 2018, 08:39
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post
Steven Mueller is a real Navy SEAL, Class 197. I also know of a SF Enlisted who became a SEAL Officer -He was in my BUD/S class - Mark Schnittger
That is good to hear. Fuckin' A.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 22 January 2018, 10:51
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post
Thanks Frog.
Old 24 January 2018, 09:15
Confirmed User

I know a guy who was an enlisted SEAL and went on to get commissioned into Army SF. He retired as the XO of a SMU. Rare, but it does happen.
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules