Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Medical

Old 30 January 2018, 20:53
Been There Done That

Ultra Small AED's

I'm looking for a small AED. I found the Schiller Fred Easy Port but they do no sell it in the US. Its a Swiss product.

Does anyone know of any small AED's that are licensed in the US? It needs to be smaller than the Phillips HeartStart onsite AED. ideally a "pocket AED"

Thanks!

https://www.thedefibpad.co.uk/schill...rt-defib-unit/
Old 30 January 2018, 23:11
Authorized Personnel

Have you looked at the Phillips FR3? It's not nearly as small as the one you linked, but it looks smaller than the HeartStart. We've got a couple at work, and they're very packable.
Old 30 January 2018, 23:56
Been There Done That

I'd go with the FR3. Check out the LifeBot ALS, smaller than a Heartstart, but at 2.8 pounds, 4.5" x 8.35" x 2.5" it might be too big for your needs.

Why not buy the Swiss product?
Old 31 January 2018, 00:01
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic4070 View Post
Have you looked at the Phillips FR3? It's not nearly as small as the one you linked, but it looks smaller than the HeartStart. We've got a couple at work, and they're very packable.
I just did. Thanks!
Old 31 January 2018, 00:06
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
I'd go with the FR3. Check out the LifeBot ALS, smaller than a Heartstart, but at 2.8 pounds, 4.5" x 8.35" x 2.5" it might be too big for your needs.

Why not buy the Swiss product?
I'm worried about the legal aspects of using something in the US that is not FDA approved. I'm calling the Schiller US office tomorrow morning to inquire on why they don't sell the easy port in the US.

The FR3 looks good. And I know Phillips is a reliable product with great service.
Hey Bro- Congrats -BTW
Old 31 January 2018, 00:23
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
I'm worried about the legal aspects of using something in the US that is not FDA approved. I'm calling the Schiller US office tomorrow morning to inquire on why they don't sell the easy port in the US.

The FR3 looks good. And I know Phillips is a reliable product with great service.
Hey Bro- Congrats -BTW
Thanks...enjoying being retired so far...
Old 31 January 2018, 11:33
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallion View Post

Hey Bro- Congrats -BTW
I don't know what application you're looking for, but Phillips also sells an operating system upgrade and 3-lead whip that lets you use the FR3 as a 3-lead monitor as well. The whip plugs into the pads connector and makes the machine a simple ECG monitor, however you'd have to d/c the whip to plug the pads in, if you needed to zap someone. But, if you're looking to save space, you can do a pretty good amount with that thing.

Our new posting rules