Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 5 February 2018, 14:13
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
And his continued praising of Mueller?

I don't buy it. You may be right, but I believe he's a big talker who couldn't deliver.
I have a similar viewpoint on Mr. Gowdy. On every C-SPAN, or YouTube'd videos of C-SPAN, I have witnessed Trey Gowdy verbally beating the snot out of the person testifying. He does it with the mindset of a lawyer, as he should, of lambasting the "person on the stand" with tenacity. Often times, the evidence he points out is compelling and obvious enough that one would presume an indictment was inbound. But, he and Congressman Jason Chaffetz never manage to follow through. Perhaps they're grandstanding to affect the perception of being really frustrated and angry with the person in the hot seat, in order to make said person look like a .gov buffoon.
Old 5 February 2018, 14:14
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
. Trump does not reflect the ideology of the TEA Party necessarily, but he is definitely a product of its frustration and opposition to the powers that run both major parties in DC. From his candidacy through the present, the MSM have done their best to laugh off, then ridicule, and then by outraged and offended by candidate and POTUS Trump in the same ways and using the same words they used to try to discredit the TEA Party. I don't think that is coincidental at all.
x100. POTUS is absolutely a product of people tired of taking it in the ass courtesy of either/both political parties. When people bitch about how your vote doesn't count, blah, blah, blah, or the govt doesn't listen, blah, blah, blah. I say, President Trump is the answer to that. Your vote does count, POTUS is the start of breaking down the 2 party system. It isn't going to happen over night.
What I'm scared of, that the Dumocraps and the Republicants, are both going to sabotage Pres. Trump enough, that no other candidate like him, will want to ever attempt it again.
Old 5 February 2018, 14:15
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
I have a similar viewpoint on Mr. Gowdy. On every C-SPAN, or YouTube'd videos of C-SPAN, I have witnessed Trey Gowdy verbally beating the snot out of the person testifying. He does it with the mindset of a lawyer, as he should, of lambasting the "person on the stand" with tenacity. Often times, the evidence he points out is compelling and obvious enough that one would presume an indictment was inbound. But, he and Congressman Jason Chaffetz never manage to follow through. Perhaps they're grandstanding to affect the perception of being really frustrated and angry with the person in the hot seat, in order to make said person look like a .gov buffoon.
Words without actions are useless. He has spoken a lot, but done nothing. He is no different than the rest. Good riddance....
Old 5 February 2018, 14:18
#BlackRiflesMatter

For the record Fubar...

1. I don't know what to think of Gowdy. As I said, I used to have hopes for him, and have lost that faith. My opinion only. Not parroting anyone.

2. I did have that account here for a short while what like 15years ago, and I don't remember being "banned". I do remember being a pain in the ass at times (family medical stuff) and then asking Silverbullet to do the honorable thing and "ring me out" and close my account...after one dogpile. SB may remember.

I started to read SOCNET again a couple years ago (with thicker skin), and rejoined around Memorial Day a couple years ago.

If I was banned, I sure as shit don't remember. And I sure don't remember it that way. But if I am a pain in the ass here, or unwelcome...I sure don't want to be that.

I consider it an honor to be here and try to make positive contributions.

Last edited by Tycon; 5 February 2018 at 14:45.
Old 5 February 2018, 16:24
#BlackRiflesMatter

Finally found an old post Fubar, and shows that old account as visitor, not banned. And I find it funny we were talking about trump way back then. For the record.
Old 5 February 2018, 16:46
Been There Done That

I knew it was you - as did a few others. I'm pretty sure you were banned - but whatever. SB makes the call, and I respect his judgement. BTW - that was not all that long ago. There are men and women on the board that have been around much longer than you or me.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 5 February 2018, 17:16
Red Headed Stepchild

I'm not a Gowdy worshipper, but I do like him. I think he is stepping down because he's frustrated by the win the argument vs. do the right thing mentality in DC. He's not perfect, but I'd to believe there's still one guy who actually has a moral compass in that town.

Good interview here.
Old 5 February 2018, 17:16
#BlackRiflesMatter

What I remember is a SOCNET dogpile, and bailing out. But I never tried to hide who I am, or that yes, I can be a dick sometimes.
Old 5 February 2018, 17:42
Been There Done That

A dog pile? Bailing out? Now my head is filled with fuck. In the spirit of civility, I'll take the SJW road and refrain.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 5 February 2018, 17:45
Been There Done That

Tycon is logging out for a few days. Silverbullet can make the call on this.
Old 5 February 2018, 18:06
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
Words without actions are useless. He has spoken a lot, but done nothing. He is no different than the rest. Good riddance....
Iíve watched the same verbal beat downs. Now, the question is...was he in a position to actually ďdoĒ anything as a result? Perhaps his lack of ability to work in the political side of things is one of the reasons he said screw it. Dunno...but Iím sure he would have more influence in a courtroom than in some bullshit committee in DC. Have folks not noticed that no one with influence gets held accountable in DC? On the other hand...back in the court room in South Carolina, he will be dealing with people that donít have the same ďinfluenceď. Iím thinking he would probably be a pretty good replacement for Justice Ginsburg. Thoughts about that?
Old 5 February 2018, 18:10
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Iíve watched the same verbal beat downs. Now, the question is...was he in a position to actually ďdoĒ anything as a result? Perhaps his lack of ability to work in the political side of things is one of the reasons he said screw it. Dunno...but Iím sure he would have more influence in a courtroom than in some bullshit committee in DC. Have folks not noticed that no one with influence gets held accountable in DC? On the other hand...back in the court room in South Carolina, he will be dealing with people that donít have the same ďinfluenceď. Iím thinking he would probably be a pretty good replacement for Justice Ginsburg. Thoughts about that?
People go to Washington thinking they can make a difference and soon find out that they can't. I told my wife this morning that hopefully, he realized that Washington was a dead end for him and wants to go back to where he can actually influence some change which would be somewhere in the judicial system. So, with that said, I think we are thinking along the same lines. I think his failure at the legislative branch was due in part to the fact that it's too big a ship for him to change and the powers that be are too entrenched.
Old 5 February 2018, 18:24
Confirmed User

If Ginsberg croaked tomorrow the left would be on suicide watch. The salt-laden pandemonium stemming from their epic meltdown would have me in the hospital with an acute case of priapism. POTUS, if he truly was trollmaster-in-chief, would find some dude in prison for being a "sovereign citizen" (*gasp!* ) pardon him and make them SCOTUS nominee. Just for the lolz on Capitol Hill. Then when the left is done stroking out present the 'lesser of two evils' president of the GOA as the real SCOTUS nominee. Because I personally view the 2nd Amendment as the thing the libs want gone above all others --- because then they could really turn America into what they want.

As others have said, Gowdy has talked a lot. But I haven't seen him do anything. Maybe he wasn't in a position to do anything? I don't know. But I cannot say for certain whether or not his behavior was an act for the benefit of the cameras. IMO, if someone does that in order to get popular, it doesn't follow they would leave for a quieter place. So may be he did leave for the reasons he stated. If he was a future SCOTUS nominee, I would not be sad about it though. They could definitely do way worse.
Old 5 February 2018, 18:28
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
If he was a future SCOTUS nominee, I would not be sad about it though. They could definitely do way worse.
In the article I linked, he says that was offered up and he declined.
Old 5 February 2018, 18:32
Confirmed User

The article says "Federal Judge". Perhaps that's different than a SCOTUS justice?
Old 5 February 2018, 18:35
Red Headed Stepchild

Rereading it, I think you're probably correct.
Old 5 February 2018, 18:40
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
In the article I linked, he says that was offered up and he declined.
And I hope that his response was something he was able to glean from his time in the swamp. Deny acceptance of any potential nomination until the time actually becomes a reality. No Man is perfect. I am, however, a fan of Gowdy...as much as one can be a fan of a politician/lawyer, while detesting politics.
Old 5 February 2018, 18:59
0311/8651

17 years on here!
Old 5 February 2018, 21:14
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
If Ginsberg croaked tomorrow the left would be on suicide watch. The salt-laden pandemonium stemming from their epic meltdown would have me in the hospital with an acute case of priapism. POTUS, if he truly was trollmaster-in-chief, would find some dude in prison for being a "sovereign citizen" (*gasp!* ) pardon him and make them SCOTUS nominee. Just for the lolz on Capitol Hill. Then when the left is done stroking out present the 'lesser of two evils' president of the GOA as the real SCOTUS nominee. Because I personally view the 2nd Amendment as the thing the libs want gone above all others --- because then they could really turn America into what they want.
Havenít you posted this reply before? It seems familiar. 🤔
Old 5 February 2018, 21:45
BTDT

Gowdy is the Chairman of the House Oversight Committee - lets see some over sight - it is THE committee for reform and investigations...
...either the democrats are 100 percent right or Gowdy is failing as a committee chair.

There was a time when I thought he was going to clean house but now I cant help but wonder why we are paying him.
Of course, there is the possibility that he is overseeing the living shit out of things behind closed doors and we are just a few news cycles away from him dropping the big one - but I doubt it.

Furious inactivity is a sign of a good politician and lately these folks have that in spades.
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield

Our new posting rules