Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 5 February 2018, 21:56
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
Havenít you posted this reply before? It seems familiar. 🤔
Haha probably. I think I posted a post Trump-inauguration Reddit quote where the libs were offering up their organs and blood to keep Ginsberg alive and propped up, weekend at bernies style, at the SCOTUS to prevent Trump from appointing another justice. Maybe it was during the Gorsuch nom proceedings.
Old 6 February 2018, 12:52
Administrator

I think Gowdy would love to lock some people up but he can't do it alone and is probably frustrated at the lack of support or RINOs outright working against him. When the most that Congress seems capable of is holding someone in "Contempt", that has to be frustrating. They held Eric Holder in contempt and what happened to him? He yawned and went back to shredding the Constitution. How can that not be frustrating?
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.
-Invictus
Old 6 February 2018, 13:13
Administrator

and yet he keeps praising Mueller and downplaying the memo....

I think you give him way too much credit.
Old 6 February 2018, 13:27
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
and yet he keeps praising Mueller and downplaying the memo....

I think you give him way too much credit.

Possibly. I definitely see your point. As for Mueller, it remains to be seen how that will come out. I think with each passing day there is more pressure on him to do the right thing, vs what the left would like for him to do. The fact that he requested a postponement of the Flynn sentencing seems to point that way. But, I could also be in for another round of Lucy holding the football.
-Invictus
Old 6 February 2018, 13:32
Administrator

The Flynn delay could be due to them realizing his charge and resulting plea is fruit of poisoned tree and he doesn't want the public exposure that would accompany pushing that through.

Fun to speculate, but remains guesswork on my part.

Then again, I may be wrong and all them are upright citizens with our nations best interests at heart.
Old 6 February 2018, 13:56
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post

Then again, I may be wrong and all them are upright citizens with our nations best interests at heart.
Now we all know that's bullshit....LOL
-Invictus
Old 6 February 2018, 14:28
BTDT

If there is an upright citizen working on this fiasco then I would bet that they ride a unicorn to work each day.
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 6 February 2018, 16:19
Been There Done That

Mueller has clear conflicts of interest, in a few different areas that touch on his investigation. The IC statute requires any IC to not even have the appearance of a conflict of interest. Anyone who opines that Mueller is a good and honorable man...well, if he was that, he wouldn't be the IC.
Old 6 February 2018, 16:43
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
Mueller has clear conflicts of interest, in a few different areas that touch on his investigation. The IC statute requires any IC to not even have the appearance of a conflict of interest. Anyone who opines that Mueller is a good and honorable man...well, if he was that, he wouldn't be the IC.
This is how I feel as well. Muller is knee deep in this corruption. The democrats are calculating and want to destroy this President. They got their man on this investigation for those reasons. Just looking at the people he brought on his team screams Muller is dirty AF.
Old 6 February 2018, 19:02
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
If there is an upright citizen working on this fiasco then I would bet that they ride a unicorn to work each day.
And I donít disagree with that statement. I will ask then, who might be considered a unicorn riding harbinger of Justice? Does that person even exist? Many of us have that hope there are men of substance doing the lords work. I canít point to many that have my confidence.

My truth is that laws are made for the little man. We all expect equal justice. Thatís total bullshit. Itís bullshit in the military, bullshit in your local county commission, and even more bullshit in the upper echelons of government.

Gowdy may be viewed by some as a flawed man in the positions he has occupied in DC...but holy shizznit...who has done better? The sad truth is, thatís the best you can expect. Jesus....sorry for the rant.
Old 6 February 2018, 19:53
pumpin gas and kickin ass

I think a large part of the FBI has conflated protection of the institution with protection of the country.

I think in the light of day, they will be forced to submit to uncomfortable scrutiny they have been unencumbered by for the last forever.

Hopefully, through the process of following the facts, with assistance finally from a Congress that has done the first piece of actual oversight of the executive branch in living memory, and in partnership with the sitting executive who is encouraging them to take their pants back, we may actually realize a realignment of real honest to goodness checks and balances.

One can hope.
Old 6 February 2018, 20:21
Been There Done That

I just saw Gowdy's interview with Martha MacCallum...damn that fucker has a set of ears on his noggin--those damn head flaps look like air brakes on a buzzard's ass.
Old 6 February 2018, 20:41
Confirmed User

How about a simple fucking ®Thanks for your service, Gods speed®
This one of those rare guys who did it to serve his country. He has wanted to leave for several years and the party kept convincing him to stay. This committee, that chairmanship on and on.He could have been AG.
Old 6 February 2018, 20:43
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
I just saw Gowdy's interview with Martha MacCallum...damn that fucker has a set of ears on his noggin--those damn head flaps look like air brakes on a buzzard's ass.
I just fell out.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 6 February 2018, 20:51
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotSig? View Post
How about a simple fucking ®Thanks for your service, Gods speed®
This one of those rare guys who did it to serve his country. He has wanted to leave for several years and the party kept convincing him to stay. This committee, that chairmanship on and on.He could have been AG.
He stayed because he wanted to. If he wanted to leave and allowed himself to be swayed by the party, then he is more of a "politician" than I already think he is. Like I said earlier, adios!
Old 6 February 2018, 21:27
Life is simple, not easy.

I watched him on CBS' "Face The Nation" on Sunday and thought he did well, but I am bias because I like this guy a lot.

wwwDOTcbsnews.com/news/transcript-rep-trey-gowdy-on-face-the-nation-feb-4-2018/

I especially respect his reasoning for why he wants to leave and go back to working in the justice system:

Quote:
MARGARET BRENNAN: You surprised Washington with announcing your retirement -- that you're not going to run for Congress. Why did you decide to leave?

REP. GOWDY: You know, I'm just-- I-- I enjoy the justice system more. I enjoy being fair. I enjoy the pursuit of fairness as a virtue and I'm just more comfortable in that system. My wife hates it when I say this, but I-- I was a pretty good prosecutor, I think. But I've been a pretty lousy politician. So I've done it for seven years. I'm really grateful for the opportunity to do it, but it's time for me to -- whatever time I've got left -- I want to spend it in the justice system because that's where my heart is, and that's where my interests--

MARGARET BRENNAN: Why do you say you are a lousy politician?

REP. GOWDY: I just-- I-- I see multiple sides of a single issue. And the fact that someone disagrees with me, does not make me challenge their love of the country. It doesn't make me believe that they're corrupt. I've got a lot of friends on the other side of the aisle. We disagree on this issue, but-- but I don't question their love for the country and I don't-- I-- I just-- I don't think the end justifies the means. I think the manner in which we get places matters, and in politics too often winning is the only thing that matters. And look, every hero I have has lost. Every one of them. So losing is not the worst thing in the world. Not knowing what you believe and not caring enough about it to fight for it? That's the worst thing in the world.

MARGARET BRENNAN: Do you think you've served justice in your time in Congress?

REP. GOWDY: Not like I did in my previous job. I tried. It's about winning in politics, and that is not what-- the courtroom-- there's a reason we throw out search warrants even though we find the murder weapon. There's a reason we throw out confessions even though we think the person did it. The process matters. The end does not justify the means. And in politics, it's just about winning. And-- and I-- I can't-- I don't want to live like that.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!

Last edited by Sigi; 6 February 2018 at 21:35. Reason: unlink to CBS
Old 6 February 2018, 21:41
Life is simple, not easy.

Many people are saying the Dem's knowingly entered classified info on "sources and methods" into their memo so they could claim redaction's are for partisan reasons.

Adam Schiff - because of course.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 27459693_10215038790192808_1181498368495162184_n.jpg (32.6 KB, 117 views)

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!
Old 6 February 2018, 22:25
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by doitforjonny View Post
I think a large part of the FBI has conflated protection of the institution with protection of the country.
35,000 people in the FBI; I can't imagine that a "large part" of them are involved in all these shenanigans anymore than a "large part" of the DOD is involved with all their scandals.
Old 6 February 2018, 23:57
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
Many people are saying the Dem's knowingly entered classified info on "sources and methods" into their memo so they could claim redaction's are for partisan reasons.

Adam Schiff - because of course.
If true, there's a part of me that would like for President Trump to declassify the document without redaction. Throw their willingness to expose sources and methods as a political gambit right back in their faces, as it were.

Of course, I'm not saying that's necessarily the right way to go, but I'd surely love to see the blowback if he did.
Old 7 February 2018, 01:38
Psalm 91:2

Iíd like to see them all go home.

Members of Congress should pass term limits legislation and remember their elected positions are supposed to be in service to our country rather than a career choice. That den of vipers needs cleaning out. Iím sick of the lot of them. Democratic, Republicans) or independent or ďIím a pink llamaĒ on Tuesdays when the moon is full.

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley

Our new posting rules