Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 7 February 2018, 09:07
BTDT

I've got no ill will towards Congressman Gowdy; he is just one face in an ocean of government employees and elected officials. Many Americans that tilt away from liberal ideology watched him step into the public eye and breathed a sigh of relief because it looked like someone was finally going to turn on the spotlight and shine it on the dark spots in our government.

Then people held their breath because it looked like once again, the crooked folks that trample our system would slither under the fence again. For all of the hype and sound bytes, there was not accountability and no consequence for poor public behavior.

Now, people are turning blue because they can't hold their breath anymore. They are giving up; even those like Gowdy that seemed like a ray of sunshine for those expecting someone to turn over a few desks in Washington.

Trey Gowdy gave an interview on 'Face the Nation' and made the statement, “My wife hates it when I say this, but I was a pretty good prosecutor, I think. But I've been a pretty lousy politician” Well, then he should use his position to be a prosecutor. Good prosecutors bring bad people to justice and he is in the best job on Congress to do that very thing to those that do the most harm to our nation. Instead, he backpedals and says, “The fact that someone disagrees with me, does not make me challenge their love of the country. It doesn't make me believe that they're corrupt. I've got a lot of friends on the other side of the aisle” Americans need representatives that will challenge EVERYONE that is trying to subvert progress.
These are the folks he was sent to congress to fight - not to make friends with them. Like so many others, he got comfortable and made friends with people he should have been prosecuting. meanwhile, they are laughing behind his back and continuing to fleece the nation for personal gain.

The prosecutors on the democrat side of the isle certainly aren't worried about making friends; nor are they all that worried about stating clearly that those who disagree with them are viewed as nothing short as bad Americans. America doesn't need a prosecutor that has soft feelings towards the 'defendant'. The most discouraging part of all is that Congressman Gowdy does in fact, seem like one of the more well intentioned representative in congress. His southern gentleman style may do well convincing a South Carolina jury that the defendant is guilty as charged but politicians are not Southern Gentleman, they are knife fighters, New York thugs, and LA gangsters. If he prosecuted criminals the way he fights for the best interests of his 'tea-party' supporters, the streets of South Carolina would be full of 'not guily' verdicts.
I have no hard feelings for Mr Gowdy at all; he gave it a try and just like he said. "pretty good prosecutor-pretty lousy politician

Thank you very much for your service Mr Gowdy - buh-bye.
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield

Last edited by Box; 7 February 2018 at 09:30.
Old 7 February 2018, 09:42
Old and Broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
The Flynn delay could be due to them realizing his charge and resulting plea is fruit of poisoned tree and he doesn't want the public exposure that would accompany pushing that through.

Fun to speculate, but remains guesswork on my part.

Then again, I may be wrong and all them are upright citizens with our nations best interests at heart.
I hope the Judge throws the guilty plea out.
Old 7 February 2018, 10:45
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
If there is an upright citizen working on this fiasco then I would bet that they ride a unicorn to work each day.
IG Horowitz may at least know where the stable is. His exposure of the FBI bias has spotlighted a few dark corners.

Hope he stays safe and doesn't get depressed.

ďTyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.Ē
― Thomas Jefferson
Old 7 February 2018, 11:54
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
These are the folks he was sent to congress to fight - not to make friends with them. Like so many others, he got comfortable and made friends with people he should have been prosecuting. meanwhile, they are laughing behind his back and continuing to fleece the nation for personal gain.
^^This^^. Gowdy talks tough but can't or won't follow through. Hopefully the folks who elected him will find someone equal to the task.

"And thus I clothe my naked villainy with old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."
- Shakespeare, Richard III.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."
-T.E. Lawrence, "Seven Pillars of Wisdom".
Old 7 February 2018, 12:12
Authorized Personnel

It has to be daunting to roll in there idealistic and motivated to take on the beast, then slowly realize how big the beast really is and how alone in the fight you really are. Not Gowdy in particular, but just in general terms.
Old 7 February 2018, 12:19
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
It has to be daunting to roll in there idealistic and motivated to take on the beast, then slowly realize how big the beast really is and how alone in the fight you really are. Not Gowdy in particular, but just in general terms.
That sounds like an excuse not to fight the good fight.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 7 February 2018, 12:21
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
That sounds like an excuse not to fight the good fight.
Seems you might want to re-read that. Daunting. I didn't see anything that looked like any excuse.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 7 February 2018, 12:28
incurs freedom

Quote:
Vanity fair interview with the "Mooch" :
ďYou want to talk about the education of Anthony Scaramucci? I learned that the swamp is probably a gold-plated cesspool with no drain. You understand what Iím saying? You canít drain the fucking thing. Itís a gold-plated cesspool, and you got cesspool operators in there that know how to slow down disruptors like Donald Trump.Ē
Old 7 February 2018, 13:10
BTDT

Quote:

Indeed - it sends a chill down my spine to imagine what a guy like Gowdy may have seen or heard that seemed to bring about such a change in his level of enthusiasm.

A lifetime spent in the military has left me with an inherent lack of trust and confidence in career politicians. Those that claim they are going to Washington "to make a difference" are suspect at best. I can't think of any that have shown up in DC, succeeded in fixing the crack in the dam, and then gone back home to take care of the family farm. Instead, they show up, make some noise, sponsor a few bills, point a few fingers, and then they quiet down; no new legislation, no follow through, no fixed cracks.

Then mysteriously, they start campaigning for additional terms, making new friends, and getting richer than the family farm would have ever made them.

I wonder exactly what it was that turned the 2010 Gowdy into the guy that cant decide if the democrats are friends, or dirty politicians trying to trap the president with their detailed 10-page rebuttal memo. Something got to him...

It's hard to keep watching this poorly written reality TV show play out - and its not like we can just change the channel and watch something else.
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 7 February 2018, 13:28
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Seems you might want to re-read that. Daunting. I didn't see anything that looked like any excuse.
I have. To be clear, I acknowledge GSniper's statement is the likely scenario - but do you give up once you know how big the beast really is? Or do you live to fight another day?

In the context of Gowdy, I think he just gave up once he realized just how shitty this beast really is. He didn't rally forces to fight the fight another day, he's just walked away.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 7 February 2018, 13:39
Authorized Personnel

Like most of us, I'd like to see somebody get in there and go full braveheart. I can't even imagine how to navigate the cesspoll that place has become. I'm not saying the fight shouldn't be fought, I'm just saying it's going to take a bad mother fucker to fight it.
Old 7 February 2018, 13:49
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Like most of us, I'd like to see somebody get in there and go full braveheart. I can't even imagine how to navigate the cesspoll that place has become. I'm not saying the fight shouldn't be fought, I'm just saying it's going to take a bad mother fucker to fight it.
It would take someone with an unlimited supply of perseverance, a protective layer of clothing to protect him against the shots he/she will take from his/her "friends", the willingness to stand alone, and have the initial intention of only serving one term.

Once those things are achieved, then maybe they should try to run knowing that it may end up being a suicide mission -- career wise!
Old 7 February 2018, 13:55
incurs freedom

Quote:
I acknowledge that that is the appearance at least at first blush.

But I think OBMF cannot succeed unless. Unless he promises to uphold all that is tricky/trickery/fuckery.

Take Mr. Zinke for example. Full on OBMF from his former life. IMO he wouldn't make it past go if he didn't promise to maintain the status quo.
And then, should he turn on his handlers, well stand-by here comes the fuckery train begin pulled along of course by the Media.
Old 7 February 2018, 14:10
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
It would take someone with an unlimited supply of perseverance, a protective layer of clothing to protect him against the shots he/she will take from his/her "friends", the willingness to stand alone, and have the initial intention of only serving one term.

Once those things are achieved, then maybe they should try to run knowing that it may end up being a suicide mission -- career wise!
Sounds a lot like the current POTUS.

-ZZ Top
Old 7 February 2018, 14:12
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
He didn't rally forces to fight the fight another day, he's just walked away.
Or maybe pulling back to attack from the flank. Maybe not. I guess time will tell.

-ZZ Top
Old 7 February 2018, 14:13
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Sounds a lot like the current POTUS.
Indeed it does, but we need some of them in the legislative branch....

Old Hickory did it. And he was one bad motherfucker. They tried to kill him and impeach him (technically they did). But in the end, he killed the fucking bank --- which is the heart of the swamp IMO. POTUS has his portrait up in the Oval Office, but I can't even entertain the notion he was as BAMF as Jackson was. The Swamp certainly has gotten deeper and nastier since then, but it was done once. And certainly can be done again. All that it takes is summoning the will and intestinal fortitude to do what must be done. To damn the torpedos, full speed ahead.

If I was POTUS, I wouldn't just have his portrait put up ---- I'd have a wax statue of Jackson put in the Oval Office. Madam Tussaude-style. So I could look in that man's eyes and help steel yourself for the inevitable shitstorm that would be about to take place as you burn that thing to the goddamn ground. It'd be a much more visceral reminder of what others have done, and so too must be what 'you' would have to do as well.

I don't think there's anyone that could rationally say this isn't again the situation for anyone attempting to drain the swamp:

BTDT

Full braveheart - it has to be an effort that doesn't accept the concept of "too big to fail" that doesn't find value in following the status quo simply because they are worried about embarrassing the country.

Maybe aliens are already here and the reptilians really do live among us.

Maybe when you go to congress and shake the wrong tree, they take you in the back and introduce you to the real boogeyman - and then you are told what REALLY happened to DB Cooper, Jimmy Hoffa, and the others. Hell, they even tell you the truth behind what happened to Tupac and Biggie....

Then they ask you if you still want to uncover government corruption. "Think about your family" they say
...then they take you out for a round of golf so they can tell you what to say during your next high profile TV interview.

Meanwhile, voters just roll their eyes and disregard you as nothing more than another hack politician getting fat on taxpayer funding.
...because the voters have never been introduced to the REAL boogeyman.

Maybe we are all wrong and our politicians are noble citizens and honorable public servants that really do know what is best for us.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 7 February 2018, 14:20
Been There Done That

Quote:
Or maybe pulling back to attack from the flank. Maybe not. I guess time will tell.
Could be a book deal in the works? If he does it, I hope he rips the top off the cesspool.
Old 7 February 2018, 14:24
Authorized Personnel

Like all mold, it's going to keep festering until it sees daylight. If somebody no shits rips the top off it, we're probably all going to be appalled by what is actually under there.

Our new posting rules