Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 21 July 2009, 08:27
Administrator

froggyjaime,

Welcome to SOCNET! Always glad to see more frogs (I'm not one) here.

Loved by few, judged by many
Old 21 July 2009, 11:54
Been There Done That

Citadel Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater View Post
I am currently attending The Citadel and will be pursuing a career as a Ranger after graduation....
Hadn't been here long myself, Bluewater, but FWIW, welcome.

My son is starting his first year at the Citadel in August and has similar aspirations.

(I'd dime out my boy so you could bust his chops a bit, but I'm sure, if he's like I was at his age, he'll bring all the heat he needs down on his own head without any help. )

Good luck to you.
Old 21 July 2009, 14:41

Graduated college with a BS in Construction Management, Married, just had our first child (a girl - Adalynn) a week ago (July 11th). I am 24 hour and have just begun the long-ass process of DEPing into the Navy as a Prior-Service (Army) with a SEAL contract. I should be at MEPs by the end of August and hopefully in Coronado before the end of 2010. I am in the best shape that I have ever been in, and am looking forward to the beginning of my new life.
Old 21 July 2009, 15:03
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterlewis View Post
Graduated college with a BS in Construction Management, Married, just had our first child (a girl - Adalynn) a week ago (July 11th). I am 24 hour and have just begun the long-ass process of DEPing into the Navy as a Prior-Service (Army) with a SEAL contract. I should be at MEPs by the end of August and hopefully in Coronado before the end of 2010. I am in the best shape that I have ever been in, and am looking forward to the beginning of my new life.
Congrats on having your first child and good luck with your career path.
Old 21 July 2009, 15:51
Valhalla July 4, 2016 RIP Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggyjaime View Post
Hello, just introducing myself. I'm here looking for friends that I went through training with. Don't know if I'll find them here or not. I graduated BUD/s class 60 in April of 1971. Served with Team 1. Thanks.
froggyjaime
Welcome and thanks for the response to my PM.

Cass
Old 21 July 2009, 19:15

Hi,

I did 4 years in the USN as GMG from '90 to '94, but I've been in the Army since 2002. I was MOS 14T, but now I'm a 37F on my way over to the 4th POG (A). I look forward to talking with all of you.
Old 22 July 2009, 00:43
Been There Done That

Former SF, retired teacher

Hello All,

I am new to SOCNET. Thanks to Google I found this site by searching for a friend named Jack Joplin who was just inducted into the SF Hall of Fame. I am thinking of starting a forum just for those who know or knew Jack.

I was a college teacher from 1986 until this year when I decided I had had enough and retired. I am currently living on social security and a small VA check, but because I live on the Mediterranean coast of Turkey I can afford it.

If there is anyone out there who was in my medic class at the Medical Field Service School, Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, Texas, Graduation Phase II September 1967 (small photo attached) I would like to hear from you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sf_grads_1967_640x316.jpg (156.8 KB, 183 views)
Old 22 July 2009, 01:55

Graduated USMA in 2002, served as an artillery officer x 4 years, currently a physician assistant in the 82d ABN. I am here for medical TTPs.
Old 22 July 2009, 03:02
Been There Done That

HobbitTR Sez Hello

I made an earlier reply to a post before I wrote this introduction at:
http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php...99#post1177899
My apologies to the moderators

I was in group two different terms:
1966 - 1969 91B4S

Re-enlisted: 1976 - 1980
Graduated SFUWO 1976
Scuba Team, 5th SFG, 1976
Goat Lab Refresher 1976

91B4S refresher Ft Sam, 1977
Training Group Instructor/Medic Commo Committee 1978-80
Ripped up my meniscus cartilage late 1979 on a PLF (dumb landing,
St. Mere Eglise, normal [heavy] wind), declined re-enlistment after surgery 1980, refused a medical profile.
Received 10% disability, recently upped to 20% because of the knee.

Long haul trucker 1980, other miscellaneous jobs until 1986 when I returned to get my BS and MS in Education.
History and technology teacher since 1990, retired 2009 from teaching Istanbul, Turkey university computer science department. Living on the Mediterranean coast of Turkey off my social security and VA, affordable here but not in the USA.
-----------------------------------------------------
"Battle, n., A method of untying with the teeth a political knot that would not yield to the tongue."
Ambrose Bierce - The Devil's Dictionary
Old 22 July 2009, 07:50

4 years active duty Marine Corps Communicator out in '05. No SF experience at all - I have much respect for the community.

One of my old stalwarts just joined up with MARSOC so I'm here to glean some info from that board. In addition I have a potential SEAL phony that I would appreciate verification on.

Thank you all for providing this resource.

Semper Fi!
Old 22 July 2009, 08:19

Greetings

Hi there.

I'm not quite sure what the limits of viewership are here, so this is heavily edited for PERSEC.

SF. 10th Group. Former 82nd Airborne Division. Lots of time in Europe. Still in, but never have been to Iraq or AFGH (and not for lack of trying to go).

Still in Europe right now, but not doing an SF job.
Old 22 July 2009, 10:36

Hello All-
Currently in the USN DEP pool. Have an ATF-SO contract and heading to RTC in Oct then on to BUD/s.
Old 22 July 2009, 12:05

Howdy

Started in '95 as 12B. Then I was sent to FLW (Again) and re-classed in '00 and got to go to C-1/75 through '01. Went to the S-3 shop for a while and went back to the line in '02. Got out in '03 (post OEF, OIF) and got my BS from U. of Tn. and working as a high school math teacher.
Old 22 July 2009, 12:36

First Post

Hello,

Long time lurker, decided to register and post. I have been a Stryker Infantry platoon leader for a little over two years now, almost complete with my first tour in Iraq. I am heading to SFAS in November. I have taken tons of information out of the SF forum on preparation and would like to thank all those who contributed.

Airborne 04
ROTC Grad 06
Ranger School Class 1-07
OIF 08-09
Old 22 July 2009, 18:55

Howdy. Found this site quite by accident looking for some other stuff. I have read around on here and enjoy the postings.
I'm currently an Environmental Engineer - been in that arena for awhile and given a few more years hope to retire from it. To what, I don't know but I'll figure it out. I was in the NC NG for a few years around college time many moons ago, nothing to write home about - to all who are serving/have served this great nation, Thank You.
Old 22 July 2009, 21:38

Hi all,

Glad to have found this site. I'm an 11A (CPT) and served on active duty with the Big Red One in Germany (2-2IN). Currently I'm in Florida and back in the Reserves. Went to Iraq in 03' while my Infantry company was attached to the 173rd.

Now I'm off to lurk some more.
Old 23 July 2009, 10:22

I am a USMC Vet. I was a grunt in OIF I. I am currently in Law Enforcement but am trying to get a job as a PSD Team Member.
Old 23 July 2009, 16:42
Confirmed User

Hi.
No military credentials but love history.
Won't post much and have nothing to add to any military discusions. Just here since I enjoy the atmosphere, the humor and the knowledge.
Old 23 July 2009, 18:55
Fortes Fortuna Juvat

fNg

Hello - I'm looking for a friend, that's the main reason why I came here.

I'll mostly be lurking around here and trying to learn something new.

The men who are this site are my hero's in life.

I served in the Marines from 91-99 - I stayed busy and held 6 different MOS' (3531, 0411, 8531, 8152, 9962, 8154)

My humble highlights - the year I spent in Greece in Security Forces where I picked up my jump wings and lost the dirty nasty leg status. I then taught at the Designated Marksman school, in Virgina Beach on Dam Neck rifle range for two years, there I also acquired a seat to FBI sniper/observer school. Finally, for my last two years I was up the road in Chesapeake, VA, where I taught CQB to FAST Marines and others.

I'm out now, going to school, working at a bank, and I think about what I left behind on a daily basis.

Thanks to the professionals out there for your sacrifice, and your service.

Semper Fi - Marines

Last edited by theWookie; 23 July 2009 at 18:59.
Old 24 July 2009, 09:13

Heloo!

I stumbled upon this fprum doing some USMC research for my 11 yr. old who wants to join, now! Told him he's about 7 yrs early, prefer him to have 4 yrs college under his belt though.
Anyhow, I was just a lowly electronic junkie under the Reagan admin. who trained pilots ( A10, F16 ) in a flight sim. Punched in various scenarios, threats, emergency situations, failures etc., etc. Got bored with that after 5 yrs and spent the rest of my time in NAV/COMM/EW stuff which was a change. Spent my time in Myrtle Beach (that was fun ) and MaCdill and Travis. Reagan years were quite busy, eastern bloc stuff and Central America.
Anyhow, just self employed now with kids and love punching holes in targets
( at long ranges ). Up here in CT. we have to go to quarrys or friendly farms to find 4-600yd areas to shoot, with permission from the owners. Being in a blue state is no fun!!
Glad to be here and thanks to all who gave and are giving their blank check to Old Glory!!
Jim

Our new posting rules