SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 17 September 2014, 16:28

Post Your Introduction In THIS Thread

After proudly giving 8 years of my life in the infantry (0311) to your Marine Corps. During that time I was a Marksmanship Training Unit Instructor at Stones bay, NC for 3 of those years training and qualifying only East coast Marines. After completing a couple pumps I received my honorable discharge and went back to Louisiana. I can now say proudly that I'm a freaking dag-on Bail Bondsman. Now I'm going back to reading all the shaweet stuff on this site everyone writes.
Old 17 September 2014, 16:28

Yep botched that. My bad
Old 17 September 2014, 21:42
Confirmed User

Thank you

Greetings to all at SOCNET:

Thank you for allowing me to be here. It was an honor to wear the uniform of the United States Army. 2004-2013 MOS 12B 25U

8thEN BN Fort Hood 2010-2013 OEF 10-12

172nd Inf. Bde Formerly 1ID 2nd BCT Schweinfurt DE. 2007-2009 OIF 08-09

11th ACR 2005-2007

Having read many of the posts on this board I find it very informative and useful. Professional and personal growths are never ending pursuits. This board is a trove of knowledge and a repository of lessons learned. Every house has rules. This website is a house and I am a guest. The rules for guests are perfectly clear. The implied, inferred, and directed rules of conduct will be honored on my part.

1. I am a guest in a house of Heroes. Thus, I will respect the rules of the house and respect the family members.

2. Learn. Read all of the posts on this board and take from it the lessons imparted.

3. Support the SOWF and the AW2 programs do in deeds and not in words.

4. GIC induced traumas are in fact self-inflicted. This being said if I incur such I brought it on myself.

5. I will read often and post sparsely I will contribute to discussions in areas I can help. I will not waste anyone's time. I will not argue or bring discredit upon anyone here myself included.

Thank you all for all you have done.

Phil
Old 18 September 2014, 01:03
Been There Done That

Hello, thanks for the addition.

I am a soon to be retired Navy SWCC, a job which I loved for the 11 years I was lucky enough to do it. Spent time at SBT20 and SBT22 before my twilight tour at NSWG2 TraDet teaching crew served weapons and off road driving to Frogs.

Prior to my NSW career I was a quad-ball GM, serving in Charleston SC, Guam and Great Mistakes before I went through SWCC class 45.

As a SWCC I deployed twice to CENTCOM (Kuwait and Iraq) and once to SOUTHCOM.

Now I'm starting a (hopefully) short career in contracting before I apply to PA school in the future.
Old 18 September 2014, 07:37

Moving towards Africa

Hello all. I spent 9 years in the Army as a 11A; finished out as a company commander, before getting out and pursuing my dream of contracting.
05-09 5/2 BDE Fort Lewis
10-11 FT Polk, Riley, Benning, Afghanistan on Misc Assignments
12-14 11th ACR Fort Irwin
I am currently employed by Raytheon as a Maneuver and Tactics trainer for M117 mounted Afghan Commandos.
I've spent several years living in W. Africa. My ultimate goal is to begin working on contracts in that AO.
Old 18 September 2014, 11:08
Been There Done That

Welcome everyone!
Old 18 September 2014, 17:33
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20boatguy22 View Post

I am a soon to be retired Navy SWCC, a job which I loved for the 11 years I was lucky enough to do it. Spent time at SBT20 and SBT22 before my twilight tour at NSWG2 TraDet teaching crew served weapons and off road driving to Frogs.

Prior to my NSW career I was a quad-ball GM, serving in Charleston SC, Guam and Great Mistakes before I went through SWCC class 45.

Now I'm starting a (hopefully) short career in contracting before I apply to PA school in the future.
Welcome DBG. When did you get to 20? We might know each other. Inevitably we know some of the same people.

Fair Winds and Following Seas SOTB & Cass
Old 19 September 2014, 00:31
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20boatguy22 View Post

Welcome. I was at 22 also. We may know each other depending on when you were there.
Old 19 September 2014, 02:10
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm2bob View Post
Welcome DBG. When did you get to 20? We might know each other. Inevitably we know some of the same people.
I was there 03 to 09, you?
Old 19 September 2014, 02:12
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
Welcome. I was at 22 also. We may know each other depending on when you were there.
I was stationed there 09 - 12, but I was down there for work up with RT5 in 06.
Old 19 September 2014, 03:12
Been There Done That

Reminder

This is the INTRODUCTION THREAD- private questions should be done by Private Message (PM)

Thanks
Old 19 September 2014, 07:19

Hello to the Members of SOCNET,

Thank you for the acceptance into this community. I honorably served the United States Navy from 96'-00' as an ABF aboard LHD-3 USS Kearsarge. I was deployed to the MED twice, '97 & '99. After my service, I earned a degree from Rutgers in Criminal Justice/Poli-Sci. I am now a LEO in NE PA. I am more of a reader and I will contribute in areas where, I can help.

Thank You
Old 20 September 2014, 15:55

Hello, I'm 27, about to be 28, years old and live in San Francisco now. I was formerly a 94F stationed at Schofield Barracks in Hawaii. Yes, it was a rough station
Old 23 September 2014, 17:30

I'm a 60's era Naval Aviation "watchamacallit". An AO who did everything from my rate (an Ordie), to being a *** operator, fuel pits and a PC (to name a few). That's kinda how it was back then, not like today (sorry to say). Mostly Cecil Field in Jacksonville... and oh yeah and many other places for TAD.: smile:

Thanks for letting me aboard!
Old 23 September 2014, 19:47

Hello ! I am a 31B military police in the California Army National Guard for almost six years. Deployed to Khost area of RC-EAST Afghanistan in 2011 as part of a PCAT mission. Currently a team leader and acting squad leader. Residing in the Sacramento area. In the process of getting employed in the LE and security contractor field.
Old 24 September 2014, 04:08
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownshoe View Post
I'm a 60's era Naval Aviation "watchamacallit". An AO who did everything from my rate (an Ordie), to being a *** operator, fuel pits and a PC (to name a few). That's kinda how it was back then, not like today (sorry to say). Mostly Cecil Field in Jacksonville... and oh yeah and many other places for TAD.: smile:

Thanks for letting me aboard!
Welcome! Cecil field is practically in my mom's back yard. You probably know that it has been deactivated and is now an 'industrial park'.
Old 26 September 2014, 10:15

Thanks for letting me join. I was USAR activated during Desert Shield and was deployed for Desert Storm/SW Asia Cease Fire. I was with a fuel transport unit from Utah in direct support attached to 2nd ACR. I spent about a year with 19th Group SF when I got home, training for selection, but sustained an injury that ended that dream. I'm a 12 year LEO from Wyoming working now in Utah.
Old 27 September 2014, 18:29

Intro

Hello all,

I am living in Los Angeles, originally from Tulsa. I was in the USMR from 1987-1998. The first four years I was with a TOW missile unit that deployed during the first Gulf War, and after that I was on I-I duty at various units.

Today I work in IT as a system administrator.
Old 28 September 2014, 22:43

I am currently serving in active duty Army, but I plan on leaving in 2016 to pursue higher education in Security Management and in International Justice. Before I do that, I want to pick up a contracting job or two for several reasons including; building on the resume, saving up money, meeting other professionals, and more international experience. Ultimate goal after completing my degree is to provide security expertise to INGOs. Everyone knows networking is key, so I want to get started early. I will mostly be lurking and not commenting for a while because I am here to learn as much as I can about the private security industry. You'll probably see me in the Professional Development and Education board the International Jobs board and maybe Veterans Issues.

Thanks for accepting my membership, looking forward to being here.
Old 2 October 2014, 22:58
Very Deplorable

Greetings,

Long time lurker here. I'm a civilian paramedic. Just happy to be a guest in this house, and I look forward to learning even more from you folks.

Also, .mil guys: thank you for your service. Truly.

Our new posting rules