SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 12 December 2008, 20:29
My Heroes Wear Camouflage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post

S/F.....Ken M

Addendum: I look forward to Hot Rod testing his "testicular virility" in prison. It's a local joke.
Nice. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
There is no guarantee that any of this ends with Blagojevich. Anybody that rises to a higher level of political influence in Illinois comes out of the same cesspool as Blagojevich.
That sums it up right there. Speaks volumes, if anyone is bothering to listen. Kinda late now, but oh well.

smoked asked how many he'll take down with him...my guess is that it will depend on just what kind of deal he can make.
Old 12 December 2008, 20:33
BTDT

I am just wondering how fast he'll start singing once he realizes he is in hot water.
Guys like that dont go down alone.
Old 13 December 2008, 01:32
Authorized Personnel

I'd like to see the feds make Blago "Queen for a Day", with a 30-40 year sentence dangling overhead.
Old 17 December 2008, 19:15
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Illinois Supreme Court rejects attempt to remove Blagojevich

Looks like it will go the impeachment route at this point, unless he resigns.

As for the Senate seat, more than likely when the Senate reconvenes in 2009, they're going to be short one Senator. I doubt anybody at this point would accept an appointment from him.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081217/...inois_governor
Old 19 December 2008, 10:48
Old and Grumpy

Local new stations are reporting that when the FBI told Blago he was being arrested he immediately started jogging furiously in place and then fell into the fetal position. He repeated this performance twice before the FBI finally said "Lets go." This is a good start for his insanity defence.
Old 23 January 2009, 22:43

It's now official

Illinois is the most dysfunctional state in the union.

Our Governor, who will be impeached in abstentia on Monday, is scheduled to appear on The View that morning.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....-illinois.html

I don't know what's worse, his appearing on that show or equating his trials and tribulations to Pearl Harbor.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline...agojevich.html

This is some shameful shit.
Old 24 January 2009, 03:06
On the Extract Bird

Blago (wearing his ruby slippers): "There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home *click* *click* *click*

Yago (wearing only his prison flip flops): Boy, you sure got a purdy mouth...

Just think in 3 years, 11 months, and 27 days he may get a pardon by Pres Obama before leaving office.

Happy Trails...
Old 25 January 2009, 01:37
Make a desert and call it peace.

Well, after that speech the other day, even Daley publicly states he's a lunatic.

It might be that he's trying for the insanity defense knowing he's got no other viable options....but I really think he's just crazier than a shithouse rat. S/F.....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 25 January 2009, 16:03
Confirmed User

And I thought Marion Barry was the shit until this happened !! Remember.."The Bitch set me up !!"? However, this guy isn't black in a majority black town, though he is Dem !
Old 25 January 2009, 20:34
Confirmed User

A federal prosecutor like Fitzgerald (remember Scooter Libby??) can really ruin an ambitious politician's day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Actually, Peter Fitzgerald was the former Senator who got him the job, OP. Pat Fitzgerald is the US Attorney. I wasn't a big fan of Peter (personal encounter at the bank his father owned swayed my opinion of him forever), but I'll give him credit for getting Patrick Fitzgerald appointed.

As you know, nobody in this state, Republican or Democrat, wanted the guy appointed in the first place, and they've been trying to get rid of him ever since.

That guy is relentless when it comes to official misconduct.
Old 25 January 2009, 20:47
Authorized Personnel

subpoena's served.....

directorblue.blogspot.com
Old 26 January 2009, 16:35
Old and Grumpy

Now he's going the national TV circuit claiming he's being persecuted like Martin Luther King, Nelson Madela and Gandhi. This is from a white guy Elvis wannabe. Also saying he wanted to appoint Oprah to Obama's senate seat. If nothing else, our politicians keep us entertained. Even Mayor Daley says he's "cuckoo".
Old 26 January 2009, 19:10
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpogue View Post
Now he's going the national TV circuit claiming he's being persecuted like Martin Luther King, Nelson Madela and Gandhi. This is from a white guy Elvis wannabe. Also saying he wanted to appoint Oprah to Obama's senate seat. If nothing else, our politicians keep us entertained. Even Mayor Daley says he's "cuckoo".
This is just a ploy by the defense - its the first step in their insanity plea - do 6 months of rehab and be back on the street...
Old 31 January 2009, 18:19
Make a desert and call it peace.

http://www.q101.com/blogs/manno/blog...tryID=10020934

A local band came out with some funny shit mocking the Blago situation. Download/listen at the link. S/F.....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 10 June 2010, 16:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC2W View Post
Let the games begin.
And by the looks of things, they have.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/b...060910.article

One day into the trial, and the judge has already had to warn Blago not to make a spectacle of himself.

He's finally got his own reality show, and now he get's to play it out until the day of sentencing. That's assuming, of course, that he's convicted.

Imagine being a juror in that trial. It's like having a front row seat to the biggest freak show on Earth.

Last edited by Spinner; 10 June 2010 at 16:42.
Old 10 June 2010, 23:10
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

I'm surprised he's lasted this long without having an "accident" of some kind. There are a lot of tunes he could sing at trial, and a lot of powerful people are included in the lyrics.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 11 June 2010, 00:08
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
There are a lot of tunes he could sing at trial, and a lot of powerful people are included in the lyrics.
I think he'll be tempted to be the "stand-up guy" unless he feels he's going down for a long time, then if they give him the right deal he'll flip faster than Superman at a pancake breakfast. I just hope that if that happens they actually use what he can tell them. I don't think it's any accident that the US Attorney pulled the plug on the investigation right at the point where some big names were going to incriminate themselves beyond what could later be denied.

I'm kind of suspicious like that......

"True love knows the real thing, baby
There's nowhere to hide
It hears every word you never say
And sees through every lie"
Old 20 July 2010, 19:00

I knew it

I knew this asshole wouldn't testify in the end.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/b...072010.article

He's been running around, using the media as a bully pulpit, pledging and promising that when his day in court came, he'd explain it all. They even promised the jury he would testify in opening arguments.

There's simply too much to explain away. This trial is ending a lot quicker than anybody expected. The prosecutors didn't plan on finishing their case until early August, at the earliest.

If the defense rests without calling any witnesses, and they give their closing arguments by the end of this week, the jury will probably get their instructions early next week and we can be done with this sideshow.

Although I have to admit, it's been a real treat listening to the recap of the days events at the courthouse, and the tapes.
Old 20 July 2010, 23:42
BT,WBTWC

The Great Carmack places the envelope to his head and says:

"Saddam Hussain, The Cake Boss, and Blagojevich"

... tears open the envelope and reads the question ...

"Name a Butcher, a Baker, and a License Plake Maker."
Old 26 July 2010, 17:03

Blagojevich's bring daughters to court to hear closing arguments

I'm trying to imagine how the conversation went in the Blagojevich household Monday morning:

"Hey Patti, how about we dress the kids up all spiffy and take them to the courthouse today, so that they can watch the prosecutor drive the final nail in my coffin".

What the hell are they thinking? I can only surmise that Rod and Patti believe they'll be able to touch at least on juror into casting a sympathy vote.

This whole mess might be over before the end of the week, God willing.

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/...-to-court.html

Our new posting rules