Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 3 October 2013, 12:48
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogonroad View Post
I think he got the hint! Pages are coming down left and right! The NS's are making phone calls and sending emails. LOL. Seems to have stirred up a hornets nest over there.
Is someone contacting Embry Riddle University?

No gold braid on the O green uniform, just a black stripe at the cuff and on the pants
Old 3 October 2013, 12:55
Confirmed User

I ran across this old post that appears to have come from him.

http://www.indyfan.com/vault/forum/messages/11179.html

"Posted by Lt Michael Urbano (former 101st Pathfinder) from slb-proxy-01.boeing.com on February 19, 1999 at 05:51:38:

As a former 101st Pathfinder (1982-1987), I was surprised to see how acurate the movie really was. The very first American into the d-day invation was a captain from the 101st Pathfinder platoon. This I remember from the museum at FT Campbell. I ended up leaving the 101st and becoming a pathfinder for 5th Special forces group when the group moved to Campbell from Bragg, but to this day I still wear my 101st Pathfinder ring.

I'd accept that he served at Fort Cambell in the 101st Pathfinder Detachment. As such he may have even participated in training that involved the 5th Group and the 160th. Beyond that his claims seem to be a tad inflated.
Old 3 October 2013, 13:06
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
No gold braid on the O green uniform, just a black stripe at the cuff and on the pants
The officer dress green uniform just had black piping above the cuff and on the legs. The gold piping is on the dress blue uniform.
Old 3 October 2013, 14:24
BT,WBTWC

This is just getting interesting. He was born July 1X, 1963.

He was apparently assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division (C Company 1/325 Infantry) in 1983 when he was 20 years old. That's based on an old traffic ticket from Cumberland County, North Carolina. That would also explain the maroon beret picture with the yellow static line over his shoulder.

It would make it more difficult to be in the 101st Airborne Division as a Pathfinder 1982-1987 as he describes above.

And "leaving the 101st and becoming a Pathfinder for the 5th Special Forces Group" does not ring true. To the best of my recollection, the 5th Group had, and has, no organic Pathfinders.
Old 3 October 2013, 14:34
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 View Post
The officer dress green uniform just had black piping above the cuff and on the legs. The gold piping is on the dress blue uniform.
Didn't I just post that?

I only wore one for 28 years......
Old 3 October 2013, 14:37
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB View Post
This is just getting interesting. He was born July 1X, 1963.

He was apparently assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division (C Company 1/325 Infantry) in 1983 when he was 20 years old. That's based on an old traffic ticket from Cumberland County, North Carolina. That would also explain the maroon beret picture with the yellow static line over his shoulder.

It would make it more difficult to be in the 101st Airborne Division as a Pathfinder 1982-1987 as he describes above.

And "leaving the 101st and becoming a Pathfinder for the 5th Special Forces Group" does not ring true. To the best of my recollection, the 5th Group had, and has, no organic Pathfinders.
Jumpmasters that were SF qualified could not go to Pathfinder as DA stated you had already been through the curriculum. (Then give me orders for the badge!)

No, we didn't have any Pathfinders
Old 3 October 2013, 15:28
BT,WBTWC

An aside:
Quote:
Jumpmasters that were SF qualified could not go to Pathfinder as DA stated you had already been through the curriculum.
Well TFG, that's must have applied to the new three week pencil pushing hump-hump-no-jump Program of Instruction. Now, back in the day (1972), when Pathfinder School was five weeks long, included airborne qualification as a prerequisite, and multiple jumps/rappels/air assaults, things were different.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled thread topic:

This certainly implies that he was Ranger material ...

http://www.supreme.state.az.us/dc/20...ano_HO_rpt.pdf

... and even though they were willing to agree that he declined the lap dance, the Supreme Court of Arizona gave him a short "time out" as a result:

http://www.azcourts.gov/portals/21/2.../SB080031D.pdf
Old 3 October 2013, 16:11
Preparing to defend

I believe he was a grunt in the deuce for several reasons:

C-1/325 was tasked to go to the Sinai o/a the Dec/Jan time frame of 83/84. That tasking, regardless of their being DRB-1, kept them from going to Urgent Fury. They eventually deployed as the MFOSinai for 6 mos. That is where I believe he earned the UN/MFO ribbon.

I also believe he started basic as either NG or Res, and got picked up later for AD, and went to C-1/325. The 101 angle I can't figure out.

I don't know what kind of form the above is, but it is being bandied about on a NS forum.

My brother was in 1/325 during that whole time frame, and I have a question in to him.
Old 3 October 2013, 16:43
Been There Done That

Quote:
An aside:

Well TFG, that's must have applied to the new three week pencil pushing hump-hump-no-jump Program of Instruction. Now, back in the day (1972), when Pathfinder School was five weeks long, included airborne qualification as a prerequisite, and multiple jumps/rappels/air assaults, things were different.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled thread topic:

This certainly implies that he was Ranger material ...

http://www.supreme.state.az.us/dc/20...ano_HO_rpt.pdf

... and even though they were willing to agree that he declined the lap dance, the Supreme Court of Arizona gave him a short "time out" as a result:

http://www.azcourts.gov/portals/21/2.../SB080031D.pdf
Based on the facts outlined in the 1st link I'd say he is very well qualified to go into practice with a certain other attorney of our acquaintance....

Old 3 October 2013, 17:50
Been There Done That

Quote:
Jumpmasters that were SF qualified could not go to Pathfinder as DA stated you had already been through the curriculum. (Then give me orders for the badge!)

No, we didn't have any Pathfinders
Then why the fuck did I have to go to Bullwinkle Badge School when I had my Torch already?

After all, who needs the GED after they have a college degree?
Old 3 October 2013, 18:09
Preparing to defend

Thought I had posted this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg urbano 1.jpg (42.9 KB, 662 views)
Old 3 October 2013, 18:27
Old and Broke

Quote:
Is someone contacting Embry Riddle University?

They list him as an adjunct professor.
Old 3 October 2013, 18:36
Preparing to defend

From what I've read, a former NS, who goes to the same University he teaches at, read this last night and is starting to ask questions at the school.
Old 3 October 2013, 18:48
היה אישם עשה משהו

The wings on his right chest above the name tag look like IDF parachutist wings.
Old 3 October 2013, 19:20
Old and Broke

I PM'd AZATTY, he may know the individual.
Old 3 October 2013, 19:47
Preparing to defend

The NS site has taken down all the comments and declared him a non NS'er. Said they did it (and I agree) to protect members against lawyers. He is,it would seem, one of the shovel wielding types, after all.
Old 4 October 2013, 00:11
BT,WBTWC

His web site has been changed to remove the video, the office photograph and the image of the (apparent) Ranger class photo.

Sounds like it is time for this lawyer to be called for an accounting of himself.

Keep digging, and you will find at least three instances of discipline by the Arizona Supreme Court:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Urbano 2011 discipline.pdf (507.2 KB, 75 views)
Old 4 October 2013, 06:34
Been There Done That

Quote:

Sounds like it is time for this lawyer to be called for an accounting of himself.

Keep digging, and you will find at least three instances of discipline by the Arizona Supreme Court:
But he did such a bang-up job with the hooker...
Old 4 October 2013, 07:45
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR.Montcalm View Post
Then why the fuck did I have to go to Bullwinkle Badge School when I had my Torch already?
Wouldn't have anything to do with being a senior NCO in the only Air Assault Division in the world*, would it?

*If it was such a good idea, don't you think there would be more than 1?
Old 4 October 2013, 09:30
Preparing to defend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstshirt View Post
Wouldn't have anything to do with being a senior NCO in the only Air Assault Division in the world*, would it?

*If it was such a good idea, don't you think there would be more than 1?
HAHAHAHAHAH, LMAO! Almost lost my Costa Rican Cup of Excellence on that one! They tried to make me go to bullwinkle school, same day Maj. Higbee, of SVC Co,5th Grp, pinned on my Master wings.

Our new posting rules