Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 22 April 2012, 11:52
Authorized Personnel

Mr. Glebo will definitely be able to get you an "answer". That being said, after reading your post a few times, a few glaring questions jump out at me-

First, I find it difficult to believe that your chain of command would accept this guys claims at face value without actually vetting him with his official records. Are you sure this hasn't happened?

Second, you mention his "bio" a couple of times. Are you talking about a "bio" written by the individual, or some sort of official military documentation? And why would you have an electronic copy of this? Are you authorized to have this?

Finally, without really knowing what you mean by "bio", I don't really find it hard to believe that his schooling isnt mentioned due to the fact that having command in a Group wouldnt even be possible without the appropriate qualifications. In short, his SF qualification is a given.

To fake something like this, while still on AD, is a VERY serious allegation, and would take HUGE balls. That's why your inquiry, and facts presented, strike me as odd.

Tripod

Last edited by Tripod; 22 April 2012 at 12:09.
Old 22 April 2012, 20:05
Been There Done That

dotherightthing,

You've answered your own question/statement (a "former" SF participant). Just ask him what class he graduated from (Month/year/MOS)? Those photographer's keep copies of each class. Plus, the school house has rosters.

In a professional way, hammer him down to specific answers. If's he's done it, he won't spit and spudder and he'll be specific (if you ask). (If you strike a nerve on a legitimate SF dude, you'd probably better brace up).

These guys on here don't want to waste their time running down every "Richard Cranium" (aka: Dick head) that claims to be "Facial Sources" (that SF in reverse). LLLLLLaaaaaater.
Old 23 April 2012, 12:49
Authorized Personnel

IMO, until the OP answers some of the relevant questions, we should be hesitant to assist him.

According to his profile he is a CI Officer. The fact that he states that he has hard and electronic copies of the individuals "bio" (PERSEC) is odd, and potentially doingthewrongthing, unless he is the Commander, XO, or S-1.

This whole inquiry stinks. There have been alot of them on here lately, and until a requester demonstrates that the inquiry is legit, and has cause, I don't feel the BTDT's need to contribute to it. My opinion.

Tripod
Old 23 April 2012, 21:47
Been There Done That

Magician and Tripod (you lost a leg, so you should be called BI-POD),

The question has already been answered. Flash to bang...he's a bobble head.
Old 24 April 2012, 07:18
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18b/e View Post
Tripod (you lost a leg, so you should be called BI-POD)
Lol. I thought about that. It sounded too much like bi-sexual. I put those days behind me when I got burned out being a "Duran Duran" groupie, quit wearing leg warmers, and had to pass a lifestyle poly.

Quote:
The question has already been answered. Flash to bang...he's a bobble head.
Interesting. Which one is the bobble head? Please share the back story.
Old 24 April 2012, 17:35
Authorized Personnel

18b/e

Since you state that you know, please post a follow up when you get a chance. I am interested in knowing how this situation turned out.

Thanks

Tripod
Old 25 April 2012, 14:42
Been There Done That

The Poser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Lol. I thought about that. It sounded too much like bi-sexual. I put those days behind me when I got burned out being a "Duran Duran" groupie, quit wearing leg warmers, and had to pass a lifestyle poly.

Interesting. Which one is the bobble head? Please share the back story.
Tripod,
I don't know who the guy is. Whoever started the question, has answered his own question. The bobble head is the subject of the question.
As for being a bi-pod, I could never be...I'd keep falling on my face.
Old 25 April 2012, 14:52
Whatever Sucks the Most

Quote:
This whole inquiry stinks. There have been alot of them on here lately, and until a requester demonstrates that the inquiry is legit, and has cause, I don't feel the BTDT's need to contribute to it. My opinion.

Tripod
Concur.

I will leave the thread open, for the moment.

For the moment.

Thank you, gentlemen.
Old 25 April 2012, 14:54
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Tripod,
I don't know who the guy is. Whoever started the question, has answered his own question. The bobble head is the subject of the question.
As for being a bi-pod, I could never be...I'd keep falling on my face.
Right on. I think I misunderstood something somewhere. As for my superhuman sense of balance.....I wasn't born that way. I was raised in a Romanian Acrobatic Troop. Thank God, cuz it sure has come in handy later in life.

Old 25 April 2012, 20:24
Been There Done That

Tripod,

I PM'ed you back. LOL
Old 25 April 2012, 21:44
Been There Done That

Poser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotherightthing View Post
Hi everyone. I posted my intro sticky just a few minutes ago. I was wondering if someone could help me in vetting a "former" SF participant. I'm not sure how else to word it. This officer is currently deployed and in charge of a rather large section of Soldiers and on his official Bio turned into the command, list him as having multiple command, not leadership, but actual command positions within a group, yet no references made to the Q course or such. I do have his bio in electronic and hard copy and want to nail this person as he received his current leadership position based on the claims made on his bio. Mind you he is not from the unit we are deployed with and is the only one from his former organization with us so no way to vette it with someone here with us. Thanks for any and all help ahead of time.
Tripod,
I had to re-read this again and I concur with Magician and you as well...My question, "Was the "Former" SF Participant named Kim, Mary, JoAnne or Amber"? Just curious...
Old 10 May 2012, 23:04

Please forgive me if I am asking something I shouldn;t or if this is in the wrong spot. I have someone who I will be doing business with and tosses out previous SF background to those of us with military background. I am predisposed to want to do business with prior service members so if he checks out it will be one feather in his cap. How would I go about vetting his credentials? All I want to know is if he actually was SF. If this violates any kind of OPSEC stuff accept my apology in advance - from what i understand he is long retired from service.
Old 11 May 2012, 01:02
Whatever Sucks the Most

Read the first post in this thread.

Thank you.
Old 5 June 2012, 06:15
On the Extract Bird

I want to check a co-workers background. Im not in a position to gain access to any of this guys personal files and I know he wouldnt be willing to provide any. Im on a WPS contract, and whenever this guy is around he calls people a leg, and talks about his GB time in 10th SFG @ Ft. Carson, but when another former GB asks him his MOS he wont answer and just says he did "biometrics". So that raises a red flag and makes me question his background. Is there someone here that might be able to help verify this guy. PM me if so. And I appologize if im going about this incorrectly. Thanks
Old 5 June 2012, 07:37
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
I want to check a co-workers background. Im not in a position to gain access to any of this guys personal files and I know he wouldnt be willing to provide any. Im on a WPS contract, and whenever this guy is around he calls people a leg, and talks about his GB time in 10th SFG @ Ft. Carson, but when another former GB asks him his MOS he wont answer and just says he did "biometrics". So that raises a red flag and makes me question his background. Is there someone here that might be able to help verify this guy. PM me if so. And I appologize if im going about this incorrectly. Thanks
Recon,

Quote:
Originally Posted by magician View Post
Read the first post in this thread.

Thank you.
Old 5 June 2012, 07:44
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
So let me see if I understand this correctly...

You are on a contract, making six figures and livin the dream, and the only reason you are asking about a co-workers pedigree is because he called you a "leg"?

Well, were you a "leg"?
Old 5 June 2012, 12:41
On the Extract Bird

oh yeah, im a leg for sure... not argueing that. The fat guy: I did... and like I said, not in position to gain personal info on this guy and his stories dont line up with each other. I couldnt care less what he calls people or what stories he tells. I just would like to know if this guy is legit. if no one on here can help me, then Im at no loss, but im pretty sure that this thread, correct me if im wrong, is for busting posers. Another source, has informed me hes fake. Just trying to verify. Thanks
Old 5 June 2012, 12:48
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
I couldnt care less what he calls people or what stories he tells.
Then why the inquiry? Besides having been called a leg, why does his background, or lack there of, concern you? The important thing is he has been through WPS vetting (like you) and is qualified to do his current job. Correct?
Old 5 June 2012, 14:34
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Then why the inquiry?
well.. um... to bust a poser...

its not like I have a issue with the guy. I just want to know how much I can trust a person. I know my own capabilities and limitiations and since this guy had an issue qualifing with his M4 during the WPS training it raises some concern.Plus,I like knowing the quality of individual that I work with. Im sure youd like to know if a member of your team is full of S**T or not. If you cant help then dont worry about it. All im seeking is someone who might be able to help me out or point me to someone who can.
Old 5 June 2012, 14:59
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
its not like I have a issue with the guy.
Apparently you do.

If you read the criteria in regards to vetting someone on here, then you would have seen that personal curiosity, or some guy telling stories, doesn't rate. I'm am simply pointing out to you, based on your stated reasons, you probably arent going to find anyone that is interested in assisting you with this.

I'm sure the "another former GB ", who you say is on the ground there, should be able to ask all the right questions to the individual in question in order to determine if his claims are legit. If he's not legit then the other former SF guy has earned the right to bring it to managements attention.

FWIW .... My advice to you is to stay out of it, since the only impact on you appears to be hurt feelings, before you cause alot of anomosity with your co-workers and cause problems within the organization and the mission.

Our new posting rules