SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1121  
Old 2 November 2017, 19:52
ramzmedic's Avatar
ramzmedic ramzmedic is offline
I really don't care
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Hastings, MN
Posts: 1,489
We'll I may be crazy but I'm not alone!


Why Has The Las Vegas Massacre Disappeared From The News Cycle?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...red-news-cycle

Last edited by RGR.Montcalm; 3 November 2017 at 04:19.
Reply With Quote
  #1122  
Old 2 November 2017, 19:55
Steve40th Steve40th is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Posts: 808
The Vegas shooting failed to garnish the media funds needed. Nothing more to milk it for.
Reply With Quote
  #1123  
Old 2 November 2017, 21:25
justamedic justamedic is offline
Very Deplorable
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: LV
Posts: 1,210
Local news reporting on it still.
Apparently there was an LEO ND in the room.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/36748...was-accidental

The officer will not be publicly named. This should add a little fuel to the conspiracy fire.
__________________
"Double tap is a myth. Shoot until the threat changes shape or catches fire. Only then will your enemy know true peace." - Dali Lama
Reply With Quote
  #1124  
Old 2 November 2017, 22:55
MakoZeroSix's Avatar
MakoZeroSix MakoZeroSix is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 7,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamedic View Post
Local news reporting on it still.
Apparently there was an LEO ND in the room.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/36748...was-accidental

The officer will not be publicly named. This should add a little fuel to the conspiracy fire.
Would it really surprise you to imagine a cop busting off a round in amatuerish nervousness upon entering the realm of such a prolific active shooter?
__________________
Quote:
there’s nothing in our country anymore that seems to suggest that selfless service to the nation is not only appropriate, but required.”
- General John F. Kelley
19 Oct 2017
Reply With Quote
  #1125  
Old 2 November 2017, 22:58
Fubar's Avatar
Fubar Fubar is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: South Fork Ranch
Posts: 3,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
Would it really surprise you to imagine a cop busting off a round in amatuerish nervousness upon entering the realm of such a prolific active shooter?
Not at all. I'm surprised one didn't have an anxiety attack.
__________________
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when I’m attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Reply With Quote
  #1126  
Old 2 November 2017, 23:13
MakoZeroSix's Avatar
MakoZeroSix MakoZeroSix is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 7,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
Not at all. I'm surprised one didn't have an anxiety attack.
Quite frankly, I'm surprised he didn't shoot his buddy in the leg or sic the dog on the dead body triggering all manner of new conspiracy theories.
__________________
Quote:
there’s nothing in our country anymore that seems to suggest that selfless service to the nation is not only appropriate, but required.”
- General John F. Kelley
19 Oct 2017
Reply With Quote
  #1127  
Old 2 November 2017, 23:27
ramzmedic's Avatar
ramzmedic ramzmedic is offline
I really don't care
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Hastings, MN
Posts: 1,489
I watched a documentary today about the DC Sniper. I had forgotten how impressive CoP Moose was during that crisis. LEO spokespersons who go out to give briefings during these tragedies should be compelled to watch this documentary to see it done right.
Reply With Quote
  #1128  
Old 2 November 2017, 23:30
MakoZeroSix's Avatar
MakoZeroSix MakoZeroSix is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 7,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzmedic View Post
I watched a documentary today about the DC Sniper. I had forgotten how impressive CoP Moose was during that crisis. LEO spokespersons who go out to give briefings during these tragedies should be compelled to watch this documentary to see it done right.
Remember that the DC sniper shot 23 people..an Illuminati number.
__________________
Quote:
there’s nothing in our country anymore that seems to suggest that selfless service to the nation is not only appropriate, but required.”
- General John F. Kelley
19 Oct 2017
Reply With Quote
  #1129  
Old 2 November 2017, 23:33
hawkdrver's Avatar
hawkdrver hawkdrver is offline
Red Headed Stepchild
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North
Posts: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzmedic View Post
I watched a documentary today about the DC Sniper.
Sounds interesting. Which one was it?
Reply With Quote
  #1130  
Old 2 November 2017, 23:38
ramzmedic's Avatar
ramzmedic ramzmedic is offline
I really don't care
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Hastings, MN
Posts: 1,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
Sounds interesting. Which one was it?
Not sure but I'll look it up. The focus was on child killers so it was more about Lee Malvo.
Reply With Quote
  #1131  
Old 3 November 2017, 01:03
bobofthedesert's Avatar
bobofthedesert bobofthedesert is offline
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Middle of the Mojave
Posts: 3,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
Quite frankly, I'm surprised he didn't shoot (someone) in the leg
It would not have been the first time......a couple years back a Metro cop had an ND and shot a guy in the leg who was sitting in the passenger seat of a parked vehicle.......the round passed through the door first.....

Quote:
LVMPD Officer Jacquar Roston shot an unarmed man and Gillespie’s own “Use Of Force Board” unanimously (and this was a board stacked with people who had relatives on the job or in one case, the civilian was retired from another jurisdiction) recommended termination of this officer. This would mark the first termination of an LVMPD Officer in Metro’s history. However, Gillespie ignored the advice of his advisory board and decided against terminating Roston. His actions provoked several members of the Use of Force Board to resign, including the LVMPD Assistant Sheriff Ted Moody.
http://lasvegastribune.net/lvmpd-she...espie-exposed/



Gillespie may be gone, but what are the odds the agency changed it's character significantly after he left, especially since he picked his replacement?

Metro has some good people working for it, as does any agency. I know some of them. But Metro has a record of officers screwing up and not being held accountable, trying to cover stuff up, etc.. The article above doesn't begin to cover it.

Remember Erik Scott?

https://pjmedia.com/blog/gunned-down...rik-scott/2/\\

One of the officers who shot him was later arrested and charged with knowingly transferring a firearm to a convicted felon.

To expect that Metro will render an honest and forthright investigation of the worst mass shooting in US history would be to ignore.....history......
__________________
RIP Stevie D. 1964-2012
U.S. Army Veteran of OIF 2003
"Gone But Never Forgotten"

"In Flanders fields the poppies blow
between the crosses, row on row...."

Last edited by RGR.Montcalm; 3 November 2017 at 04:21.
Reply With Quote
  #1132  
Old 3 November 2017, 08:26
Mingo Kane's Avatar
Mingo Kane Mingo Kane is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
Remember that the DC sniper shot 23 people..an Illuminati number.
Genius
Reply With Quote
  #1133  
Old 3 November 2017, 17:21
Spinner's Avatar
Spinner Spinner is offline
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 13,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
Remember that the DC sniper shot 23 people..an Illuminati number.
Michael Jordan is a member of the Illuminati?

I'm now reading a report in today's Tribune that quotes the Sheriff as saying that in spite of earlier reports that dismissed the idea that Paddock had been on a losing streak in the casinos, it turns out that he had some significant losses and had lost a good chunk of his wealth.

That was one of my early theories, as well as his lawsuit against a casino that didn't succeed. Could it be that his "fall" in that casino could have been an attempt to recoup some of the financial losses he'd incurred, and when it failed it pushed him over the edge? I think that is as plausible as anything at this point.
__________________
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who!"

Last edited by Spinner; 3 November 2017 at 17:38.
Reply With Quote
  #1134  
Old 4 November 2017, 06:37
iraqgunz's Avatar
iraqgunz iraqgunz is offline
Overseas Gunplumber
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warm and sunny Arizona
Posts: 5,990
So let us suppose that the prevailing theory of financial issues was a catalyst.

He apparently had enough money to wire his lady 100K to the P.I.

He owned several properties to include one in the Reno area that would be worth anywhere from 300-600K.

His current home is worth north of 350K.

He had guns and ammo worth at least 50K according to some realistic reports. (But again we still have seen almost nothing).

He also owned 2 airplanes according to several reports.

So the reality is that this guy was far from being in the poor house and would have little problem liquidating assets to get money.

http://time.com/money/4969462/las-ve...l-estate-guns/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Michael Jordan is a member of the Illuminati?

I'm now reading a report in today's Tribune that quotes the Sheriff as saying that in spite of earlier reports that dismissed the idea that Paddock had been on a losing streak in the casinos, it turns out that he had some significant losses and had lost a good chunk of his wealth.

That was one of my early theories, as well as his lawsuit against a casino that didn't succeed. Could it be that his "fall" in that casino could have been an attempt to recoup some of the financial losses he'd incurred, and when it failed it pushed him over the edge? I think that is as plausible as anything at this point.
__________________
"The Armies of our ancestors were lucky, in that they were not trailed by a second army of pencil pushers".

I have been to some armorer courses.

Owner- Semper Paratus Arms, LLC
Reply With Quote
  #1135  
Old 4 November 2017, 17:29
Spinner's Avatar
Spinner Spinner is offline
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 13,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraqgunz View Post
So let us suppose that the prevailing theory of financial issues was a catalyst.

He apparently had enough money to wire his lady 100K to the P.I.

He owned several properties to include one in the Reno area that would be worth anywhere from 300-600K.

His current home is worth north of 350K.

He had guns and ammo worth at least 50K according to some realistic reports. (But again we still have seen almost nothing).

He also owned 2 airplanes according to several reports.

So the reality is that this guy was far from being in the poor house and would have little problem liquidating assets to get money.

http://time.com/money/4969462/las-ve...l-estate-guns/
The article you cited in your post is a month old, and based on many of the inaccuracies in reporting that we've seen so far, I wouldn't place too much credence in it.

As for the fact that he wired $100,000 to the PI, for all we know that might have been the last of what he had, and all of his property might have been mortgaged to the hilt, so that not only did he have little money left, but all of his supposed real estate wealth might not have been what it seemed.

As for the aircraft, I've since heard that he had owned a couple of planes at one point, but that it doesn't seem to be clear now that he still owned them. Perhaps he sold them to feed his gambling jones at some point, and as his overall losses mounted (in spite of some reports of him winning some money more recently) he may have started to feel financially squeezed.

At some point there will probably be a more complete accounting of his financial state, I don't think it's gotten to that point yet, although it appears that they are beginning to chip away at some of the earlier reports.
__________________
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who!"
Reply With Quote
  #1136  
Old 4 November 2017, 17:49
bobmueller bobmueller is offline
Did...did I do that?
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Green Country, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,547
I recall checking the FAA database a couple of weeks after, and nothing showed up under his name. That was back when the conspiracy theory about him being an arms dealer was running hot.
__________________
This message is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.
Reply With Quote
  #1137  
Old 4 November 2017, 17:56
Spinner's Avatar
Spinner Spinner is offline
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 13,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmueller View Post
I recall checking the FAA database a couple of weeks after, and nothing showed up under his name. That was back when the conspiracy theory about him being an arms dealer was running hot.
Which is why you didn't find under planes listed under his name.

The plot thickens...
__________________
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who!"
Reply With Quote
  #1138  
Old 4 November 2017, 18:57
KimberChick's Avatar
KimberChick KimberChick is offline
At the Barn
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Which is why you didn't find under planes listed under his name.

The plot thickens...
Most people that can really afford planes usually list them under a business name so if they get sued personally, they don't lost the assets.
__________________
"I heard you've been talking shit, you tab-less bitch." - KS11
Reply With Quote
  #1139  
Old 2 May 2018, 23:58
256's Avatar
256 256 is offline
Navigating
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Ohio
Posts: 426
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/02...-massacre.html

Everyone is looking for answers which keeps the scumbag’s name alive. He wanted everyone to keep saying his name. That’s why there’s nothing to tell. He’s thriving on everyone’s mind, finally.
__________________
Kiowas are small, carrying just two people; they fly so low the two flying soldiers are practically infantrymen.

- Excerpt from Gates of Fire, Michael Yon
Reply With Quote
  #1140  
Old 13 May 2018, 18:47
Steve40th Steve40th is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Posts: 808
Hotel footage up to the shooting
https://youtu.be/6ZRgVX8SYX4
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 23:28.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
© SOCNET 1996-2018