SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 25 July 2017, 09:26
Anesthetized User

AG Sessions

I know more than a few here like Sessions in the AG post. I know nothing of the guy so I have no opinion.

As reported, his days might be numbered. I am all for getting rid of people who do not perform, but I am not for getting rid of people just because they do not do my exact bidding.

I woul like to see HRC investigated.

So, what say you all, Sessions is weak sauce or choosing the right path?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ng-firing.html
Old 25 July 2017, 09:49
Calix Meus Inebrians

As low in regard as I hold Jeff Sessions, where and when was he directed to go after HRC, earning him these twewts of scorn? Last word in public from the President not soon after the election was that wasn't going to happen.

It's the Russia probe that has the President unhinged here. Sessions (properly) recusing himself and removing that buffer layer must be making the President nervous. Trying to publicly shame him into resignation isn't exactly a great leadership tactic. It all but ensures the only person that would take the job next is Chris Christie.

But it's a good lesson for cabinet members and Congress to keep in mind loyalty is often a one way street with this President.
Old 25 July 2017, 09:50
Been There Done That

I've not been impressed so far.

I want to see aggressive prosecution of the past administration. F&F, IRS & Tea Party, not to mention HRC's crimes. Some will say using the AG to prosecute your political opponents is banana republic, but I'm of the opinion the past admin was corrupt to its core and needs to be made an example of.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when I知 attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister

Last edited by Fubar; 25 July 2017 at 10:05.
Old 25 July 2017, 09:52
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by btq96r View Post
As low in regard as I hold Jeff Sessions, where and when was he directed to go after HRC, earning him these twewts of scorn? Last word in public from the President not soon after the election was that wasn't going to happen.

It's the Russia probe that has the President unhinged here. Sessions (properly) recusing himself and removing that buffer layer must be making the President nervous. Trying to publicly shame him into resignation isn't exactly a great leadership tactic. It all but ensures the only person that would take the job next is Chris Christie.

But it's a good lesson for cabinet members and Congress to keep in mind loyalty is often a one way street with this President.
You have no idea what's been asked of the AG behind closed doors. Neither do I. You paint with a pretty broad brush of liberal bias. Russia! Russia! Russia!
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when I知 attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister

Last edited by Fubar; 25 July 2017 at 10:04.
Old 25 July 2017, 09:55
Authorized Personnel

The AG's Office is large. If they can't multi-task, then they need to get new jobs. They can investigate the old -- as Fubar said -- while investigating the current issues! The public simply needs to see what is being done concerning "anything" AG related. It's as though they are on vacation.
Old 25 July 2017, 10:04
Confirmed User

If Sessions is not willing to manage the Justice dept. and prosecute people that have been above the law for years he needs to go. Our justice system is a joke right now. Look at what the people in power can do and get away with. Prosecuting these people is a key component of draining the swamp. Russia, Banana republic all these are smoke screen arguments to divert and deflect any prosecution.
Old 25 July 2017, 10:04
Calix Meus Inebrians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
You have no idea what's been asked of the AG behind closed doors. Neither do I. You paint with pretty broad brush of liberal bias.
So, the orders to investigate would be given in private, yet the disapointment on why it hasn't happened yet would be aired publicly via Twitter? Not to mention any and all information about an a renewed nvestigation on HRC would somehow not leak to the press at this point?
Old 25 July 2017, 10:12
Been There Done That

I think a lot of CYA is going on, mid-terms is coming up and everyone is trying to not rock the boat and lose control of the house and senate.
Old 25 July 2017, 11:28
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Whether Sessions should have recused himself from the Russia investigation is debatable. However, POTUS has made it sound as if Sessions publicly recused himself as soon as he took office without telling POTUS he was going to do that prior to the appointment as AG. If that is true, then regardless of the purity of Sessions' intentions, I can understand why POTUS might be upset. So far, no evidence of anything criminal or even highly unethical has surfaced in almost a year of RUSSIA RUSSIA ALL THINGS RUSSIA, just more beating of the dead horse to keep Democrats voters frothing at the mouth with impeachment fantasies until their party leadership can come up with a campaign message for 2018. Sessions could have put that to rest and could have done something about the leaks of classified information to journalists, but hasn't. Why exactly should he not be fired, other than increased complaining from those who constantly whine anyway?

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 25 July 2017, 11:37
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post

...Why exactly should he not be fired...
Then for fucks sake, fire him already and stop with the Twitter bullshit.

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 25 July 2017, 11:47
Been There Done That

^^^^This.
Old 25 July 2017, 12:04
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Then for fucks sake, fire him already and stop with the Twitter bullshit.
Concur!

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 25 July 2017, 12:16
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by btq96r View Post
So, the orders to investigate would be given in private, yet the disapointment on why it hasn't happened yet would be aired publicly via Twitter? Not to mention any and all information about an a renewed nvestigation on HRC would somehow not leak to the press at this point?
Why would you think the current POTUS would play by any defined set of rules? Have you not figured it out, yet? Let me spell it out for you, he writes his own rules. To publicly decry the AG is a tactic aimed at more than just the AG.
Old 25 July 2017, 13:06
Confirmed User

We're doing so much winning.
Old 25 July 2017, 14:51
Been There Done That

Quote:
Why would you think the current POTUS would play by any defined set of rules? Have you not figured it out, yet? Let me spell it out for you, he writes his own rules. To publicly decry the AG is a tactic aimed at more than just the AG.
I agree that it's more of the deflecting attention etc from other issues. But what do you think President Trump intends to specifically do by making all of the Sessions noise?

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 25 July 2017, 14:55
33,024 - R.I.P.

It matters not who the AG is, what crimes were perpetrated or the persons that committed the crimes. At the end of the day, not one person will go to jail...and the ole "Potomac Two-Step" will continue on. There are three world here:
  1. The Political Class
  2. The Hollywood, Media and Sports Class
  3. The rest of us
Old 25 July 2017, 15:39
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad View Post
I agree that it's more of the deflecting attention etc from other issues. But what do you think President Trump intends to specifically do by making all of the Sessions noise?
Fair question.

I think he is speaking thru Sessions, telling the "Resistance" crowd that if they keep fucking with him over Russia, slowing his agenda, that he'll turn an AG loose that will go after their "Pets."

Just another negotiation tactic. Unfortunately, the inside of the beltway crowd and MSM doesn't get that.
Old 25 July 2017, 16:10
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Fair question.

I think he is speaking thru Sessions, telling the "Resistance" crowd that if they keep fucking with him over Russia, slowing his agenda, that he'll turn an AG loose that will go after their "Pets."

Just another negotiation tactic. Unfortunately, the inside of the beltway crowd and MSM doesn't get that.
Interesting thought. May have some traction.
Old 25 July 2017, 16:12

Trump is the problem not Sessions. Even Tillerson has had enough of Trumps "unprofessionalism".

If you support Trump I would start mentally preparing yourself for the very real possibility he will not complete the term.
Old 25 July 2017, 16:36
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
Trump is the problem not Sessions. Even Tillerson has had enough of Trumps "unprofessionalism".

If you support Trump I would start mentally preparing yourself for the very real possibility he will not complete the term.
Are you basing this off facts? Or media propaganda? If you have facts can you link them?

Our new posting rules