Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Marine Corps Special Operations > MarSoc

Old 7 March 2016, 20:20
Confirmed User

Memorial march for MARSOC Raiders killed in helicopter accident last year

There is a memorial march beginning in a few days in memory of the MARSOC Raiders killed in this accident. The event is being held by the Brothers In Arms Foundation. I did not find any negative press on this group, so I made a donation.

The march is a 770 mile ruck and it will be made by members of MARSOC and SARCs. It will begin very close to the crash site and end at Camp Lejeune. The ruckers will carry a paddle found in the crash wreckage.

The rest of the details are provided at this site, in SMEAC format.

Note: Admins - this is a duplicate post. The same post is in the Lounge under the thread for the accident itself.
Old 17 March 2016, 10:39
GODLIKE CREATURE AMONG MEN

Thumbs up MARSOC

Good on them!

http://www.islandpacket.com/news/loc...e66613437.html

Good Day!
Old 18 March 2016, 06:47
Marine

I was the CACO for one of the Marines in the crash. The camaraderie of the MARSOC Marines who came out for the service was downright impressive. I kidded my 1stSgt that I should him up for a medal for getting MARSOC Marines to perform close order drill, but the truth is that every one of them was motivated to do right by their buddies. It was one of the most heartbreaking and yet uplifting services that we performed during my time on I&I duty.
"This is how it is when the war machine rolls back and forth. You take your pleasure where you can and when you can, and let the circumstances be damned. For tomorrow you may be somewhere else." - Cass

"I understand all of the words you used, but I don't know what you just said." - Gen. Hagee speaking to the MEU S-3

Our new posting rules