Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 5 March 2014, 12:43
BT,WBTWC

Bump.
Does anyone know if a board complaint was filed? Anyone?
Old 5 March 2014, 19:52
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Yep. Well said..

I am guilt of this as well. Just had a friend who completed RSLC down at Benning. (Sounded like a great one month, pretty demanding intensive course to complete). When he described the course to me, I replied "sounds kind of like a mini-Ranger school". Of course, we both know it was not "Ranger School"....
No joke. There is one curious twist on this one, however. SOP when I did my second tour in G Co was that the only guys who ever got loaded into ATRRS for LRSLC were one of two categories:
(1) Those already holding Combat Arms MOSs. In this case, prior completion of Ranger School was expected. The general attitude was this: "You're eligible to go to Ranger School. WTF do you not want to do this first?"

(2) Other MOSs (preferably Commo). In the pre-2002 period, those who hadn't picked up a Combat Arms MOS and so couldn't go to Ranger School, but -- provided they were assigned to a unit with the appropriate mission -- could go to LRSLC (I was one of those at the time). We weren't eligible for Ranger School (Combat Arms PMOS only, mind you, at the time!), no matter how high-speed the troop may have been otherwise. When G Co was getting axed, that's one of several reasons why I thought it so important to forget LRSLC Phase II for the moment and transition to PMOS 11B instead. Even if it happened in "Leg-Land" a couple of years later, that choice was definitely worth it in exchange for the privilege of having led an Infantry squad into actual combat.
Old 5 March 2014, 19:59
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB View Post
There have been Long Range Recon Patrol LRRP... courses....
During the mid-1980s, we had a "course" of instruction like that in my old unit: from late 1984 onwards it was called "S&T" (for "Selection and Training"), however no diploma was awarded, no "fear-me" badge was handed out, and no SQI/ASI was given. If a unit newbie completed what was expected of him, he stayed. If not, he didn't.
Old 6 March 2014, 19:49
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Yeah, the way I heard that speech went down was Purd telling the graduates that if this course was actually their "toughest ten days in the Army" as the school motto would suggest, that they needed to get the fuck out of his Army and anyone who failed AAS should be chaptered out immediately by their Chain of Command. He was never invited back to be a guest speaker again.

I miss that guy. He is a national treasure.
sorry to hijack, quick CSM Purdy story. M16/M203 and PRC77 get stolen from Phase I "City Week" RS 15-89. 2nd Lt was on guard when it happened. Ouch. We were "sequestered" after city week was finished and given an envelope, a piece of paper, and a brand new #2 (every hour on the hour for 8 hours) and were told to fill out the paper and put it in the envelope with as much info as we knew. The 2nd Lt wrote that we were being treated like Jews in the concentration camps. Well spit fucking fire CSM Purdy knew exactly who wrote that comment and the Lt was in tears shortly afterwards. We were all secretly applauding the assrip even as we were trembling in our boots.

Urbano needs to meet Bubba in the Big House. Hopefully Bubba has a Veteran Warrior brother.

~D-6606~
Old 9 August 2014, 19:50

Was Urbano ever disbarred on these claims? He lives about 15 minutes from my house.
Old 9 August 2014, 19:56
Administrator

Please post an introduction.
Old 9 August 2014, 20:52
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS-G View Post
From the FAA:

The date-of-issue isn't a red flag in itself
Small quibble. In this case the DOI is for the English Proficient tag on the bottom of the Airman Limits list. This went into effect in 2008 to comply with ICAO guidance.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Old 10 June 2017, 20:56

This guy is my attorney, he does legal clinics for the DAV at the Phoenix VA. He told me he was 82D and 160 SOAR, that is one of the reasons I retained him.
Old 11 June 2017, 00:08
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishNPHX View Post
This guy is my attorney, he does legal clinics for the DAV at the Phoenix VA. He told me he was 82D and 160 SOAR, that is one of the reasons I retained him.
If you have read this thread from the beginning then you know all you need to know...
Old 11 June 2017, 05:56
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishNPHX View Post
Find a new lawyer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11 June 2017, 11:58
Confirmed User

Looks like he is still at it
https://www.hg.org/attorney/law-offi...a-urbano/98145
Old 11 June 2017, 21:02
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
Or not.

Old 12 June 2017, 11:57
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstshirt View Post
Or not.
He's advertising on craigslist
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/searc...rbano&sort=rel
Old 12 June 2017, 15:17
Did...did I do that?

Website is still live, and he still claims "Special Ops Ranger and Pathfinder for the U.S. Army" on the front page. See also the tiny image at the bottom right corner of the front page. Wearing a maroon beret, and maybe a reserve chute? Too hard for me to tell.
Old 12 June 2017, 18:32
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
Interesting. Wonder why Google shows his office as permanently closed.
Old 15 September 2017, 13:52

I have placed a complaint with the AZ Bar, they do not seem very interested in pursuing this claim. I have submitted all of the material from here. He is still practicing from his home.

Our new posting rules