Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Veterans Issues

Old 12 August 2017, 19:53
Moving Target

TRump VA Hotline

Hotline # 1-855-948-2311

I called it it the other day and was told they would investigate my claims and get back to me in 14 days.
Old 12 August 2017, 23:34
Authorized Personnel

Interesting...I need to give this a shot. DAV has been slow as shit, and by slow, I mean non-productive.
Old 13 August 2017, 15:26
Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Interesting...I need to give this a shot. DAV has been slow as shit, and by slow, I mean non-productive.
I meant to so complaints not claims . I had a claim for Gulf War Illness and I wanted three years and when I got my decision letter it said Gulf War Illness did not exist. That was one of my complaints.
Old 15 August 2017, 11:04
Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxcolt13 View Post
I meant to so complaints not claims . I had a claim for Gulf War Illness and I wanted three years and when I got my decision letter it said Gulf War Illness did not exist. That was one of my complaints.
WOW my spelling stinks. I recently went five days without my meds to see if I still needed it, yep I needed lol, back on it.
Old 16 September 2017, 16:36
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

I used that new hotline a while back. Sure enough, a few days later someone called back. They listened patiently as I laid out my dealings with the VA in great detail but offered no particular solutions and promised no redress of grievances. A few days after that someone from a VA subcontractor who does C&P exams called and sympathetically offered no real help.

In both cases the people on the other end of my phone line repeatedly expressed shock and dismay at how my officially submitted paperwork had been repeatedly lost by VA officials, how my doctors kept getting requests for paperwork they had already submitted over and over, how my requested military health records arrived after only two years of waiting in the form of a disc with over 300 scanned pages in completely random order with many pages missing, how I was assigned a disability rating based on injury to a body part completely different from what the C&P doctor examined ... there's more, but you get the point.

I remain firm in my conviction that the only function the VA is truly committed to is bureaucratic frustration designed to delay any useful action long enough for the veteran to die or just give up on bothering with the VA's nonsense.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 16 September 2017, 18:30
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
I have been seeing a lot of Texas Claims come thru. Backlogged is an understatement.

America...a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots

Never trust a politician that starts with " I have always supported American’s 2nd Amendment rights but… "

I will not submit to your will. I will not be intimidated.
Old 16 September 2017, 19:54
Confirmed User

Quote:
JUST a question Do you use the DAV Rep at the V.A. or one at the chapter??

Try this Disabled American Veterans
Address: 8630 Thurgood Ln, Dallas, TX 75238
Phone: (214) 343-8643

Give them a call

Last edited by wildman43; 16 September 2017 at 20:00.

Our new posting rules