Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 7 October 2013, 11:39
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Army Master Parachutist Badge. Signified by the star on top with a wreath around it. The star by itself signifies the Senior Parachutist Badge.

Roger that. I was thinking "master blaster" as in Master EOD. Thx.
Old 7 October 2013, 12:08
BT,WBTWC

As of ten minutes ago (1100 hours Central Time, Monday October 7, 2013) he is still posting this yellow pages on-line advertisement:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Currrent Ad.jpg (62.4 KB, 663 views)
Old 7 October 2013, 12:32
Administrator

Somebody needs to crush this motherfucker...
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.
-Invictus
Old 7 October 2013, 13:49
On the Extract Bird

This dude has to be one of the most prolific posers I have ever seen. He just wont stop! Looks like he wrote that blurb himself about being a "Special Ops Ranger" (is there another kind? Park Ranger I suppose). But I do know journos get that shit wrong often. Many years ago I was wrongly refered to as a Ranger in a story re Iraq and Dyn. I made them correct it, but the old one is still out there. Hopefully thid shitbag gets what he deserves and winds up in the hooskow and lives a few years in the naked front leaning rest!
Old 8 October 2013, 10:48
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstshirt View Post
Indeed. And I can't wait to see how that visit turns out for him. I think he's just beginning to realize how big of a hornet nest he's stirred up.
So, what was the outcome of the visit?
Old 8 October 2013, 11:09
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTAUSRET View Post
So, what was the outcome of the visit?
It was put on hold in deference to and so as not to negatively impact the case Major Larue is putting together.
Old 8 October 2013, 11:10
Preparing to defend

I think it's on hold for the moment for coordination with the gentlemen mentioned earlier. Truly a multi-branch (NS/Ranger/SF) effort. LMAO

Sorry, Top, posted at same time.
Old 8 October 2013, 11:12
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstshirt View Post
It was put on hold in deference to and so as not to negatively impact the case Major Larue is putting together.
Roger, that makes sense!

Thanks.
Old 8 October 2013, 11:42
Old and Broke

Was talking with SheJAG last night when it occurred to me that he is actually stealing the story of a 7th SFG Guy who went to flight school, then to the 160th. The Retired CWO wrote a book (that I can't remember the title). This guys fake story is very similar.
Old 8 October 2013, 11:52
Preparing to defend

Remember his name, SN?
Old 8 October 2013, 11:55
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN View Post
Was talking with SheJAG last night when it occurred to me that he is actually stealing the story of a 7th SFG Guy who went to flight school, then to the 160th. The Retired CWO wrote a book (that I can't remember the title). This guys fake story is very similar.
A guy named Peters? He was a private in my Platoon in the 9th ID.
Old 8 October 2013, 11:56
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogonroad View Post
I think it's on hold for the moment for coordination with the gentlemen mentioned earlier. Truly a multi-branch (NS/Ranger/SF) effort. LMAO

Sorry, Top, posted at same time.
No worries.
Old 8 October 2013, 12:35
Confirmed User

Update Soon To Come

I sent everything that I had gathered, and what was sent to me by SOCNET members to Major LaRue, and told him to do a write up that I could post here as an update.. I told him the natives are getting restless.. He said he would send me an update today.. ... ..Clay
Old 8 October 2013, 14:42
Old and Broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
A guy named Peters? He was a private in my Platoon in the 9th ID.
Dan Laguna, the book is You Have to Live Hard to be Hard.
Old 8 October 2013, 15:06
Preparing to defend

I have run across Dan several, several times over my career, but never served with him as we were at least in different battalions. I always came away impressed. Good man, damn good.

Wonder what he would/does think of this guy? I was actually shocked at the outrage from members of the NS site at this guys antics and the sheer number of comments on a normally docile site. My daughter even brought it to my attention, it was so hot.
Old 8 October 2013, 16:37
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogonroad View Post
I was actually shocked at the outrage from members of the NS site at this guys antics and the sheer number of comments on a normally docile site. My daughter even brought it to my attention, it was so hot.

I would guess that the 20th Anniversary of Oct 3rd and the feelings that go with it probably had something to do with the rage level.
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.
-Invictus
Old 8 October 2013, 19:30
Confirmed User

UPDATE: Urbano

ALCON:

This is where I’m at with Urbano, and I’ve included some excerpts of conversation that might not have been shared with the Ranger and SOAR Brothers.

Items that I have pending, to be finished by the end of the week-

Quote:
1. Urbano only has one MS from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU. He did not attend school at Daytona, FL. As he claims, He did complete an offsite degree with their “Worldwide” Campus which is a separate entity. He did register to be an adjuct teacher at Luke AFB, however he has no payroll records, ERAU Worldwide say he most likely signed up but did not show up to teach. He registered in 2010, so his website claim of “Currently teaching F-16 pilots for ERAU” is false.

2. I am in the procees of verifying two (2) degrees from ASU as well.

3. The info shared between groups indicate that he did not work for McDonnell-Douglas testing AH-64 Apaches.

4. He claims he earned a Purple Heart while in the Military. He was never deployed, much less jumped into a “combat” zone. The PH claim is in violation of Federal Stolen Valor as he is promoting business based on same.

5. I am trying to verify his family, most importantly, his “supposed” brother that was an 0-4 SOAR pilot whom Urbano wore his awards and his dead brother’s awards in the Dress Green photo.

6. He addressed his deployments, none were deployments, see the transcript below.
From Urbano’s resume:

Quote:
Pilot Expriance

Boeing Company (Formerly McDonnell Douglas)
Senior Manufacturing & Design Engineer,
Mesa, AZ. Research & De
Copper State Air Service (Federal Express)
Commercial Pilot
Phoenix, AZ., Los Angeles, CA.
Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
Police Officer
Las Vegas, NV.
United States Army

Summary of Experience: Ten years Legal Experience; thirteen years combined Commercial/Military Pilot experience; ten years U.S. Army Special Operations; three years teaching Aviation Law at Graduate level, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, eight years Aerospace Engineering and Manufacturing; two years Police Officer, L.V.M.P.D. Legal Highlights: Admitted to Practice Law, Supreme Court of Arizona, United States District Court, District of Arizona, and 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, Member Arizona State B
Statements made by Urbano to “SF Brother M.B (1)” regarding Urbano’s Military:

Quote:
"I never claimed to be a pilot in the 160th or an officer! But I damn well was a pathfinder and ranger qualified by them, and assigned to the 160th. "

"That picture on Facebook was my dead brother's uniform, taken either at his funeral or at the Veterans Day parade with my family, to honor him and remember him. The awards are both mine and his together. "

"Did I go to ranger school at ft Benning? No! The commander of the aviation battalion wanted ALL pathfinders to be Rangers. We had our own mini course we had to graduate from at Campbell so that we could be called LRRP rangers. They trained a handful of us in various duties because the pathfinder company got disbanded from a company to a platoon. That's it! And the reason I was assigned to HHQ of TF 160 as a Pathfinder was because of my aviation and army background."

"I never claimed to be a pilot in the 160th or an officer! But I damn well was a pathfinder and ranger qualified by them, and assigned to the 160th. "

"Look. I've told you my side. I absolutely 100% serviced as a pathfinder attached to the 160th from the 101st pathfinders back in the eighties. I also went they their ranger school on base. When we wee disbanded from a pathfinder company to a platoon, I was one of 38 chosen to stay. No one can ever take that from me. "

"Clearly u have made your point. I do not want any issues with anyone or the bar. U already know I've been disciplined twice. I love being a lawyer and I commit to literally hundreds of hours of free pro bono work every year for veterans. I'm honored and proud to give back.

I apologize. If u are hell bent on making my life difficult or ruining me, I'm sure u can. If there is anything I can do to change that, I'd like to try. "

"The 160th was just starting out and fifth group just moved there. They needed pathfinders and so they rushed our company through ranger training at ft Campbell for six weeks. Pathfinder school I did at ft Benning though.

As far as the operations, when I was in the 82nd, our unit stayed behind to remain on alert during Grenada. All the others went and air landed. Then four weeks later. We rotated in and another infantry battalion rotated back to Bragg to be on alert. By that time it was over and we helped pack up the other units.

During panama I was in medical training at ft Sam Houston in the reserves for a year and a half. Ft Sam is the main army hospital for wounded soldiers. They shut down our training school for a week and we were used to triage the wounded soldiers coming back.

Desert shield/storm I was activated for almost a year.

Restore hope in 92 our medical unit shipped good and medical supplies during two week summer training. That is all of my involvements in those campaigns. Not trying to be the hero, but I was involved in every one of those."

Mike... There are just some statements pulled from the various emails/texts that were sent back and forth...
Text statement from Urbano to “MB(2)”

Quote:
“I'd be happy to help u guys with anything u need legally. I'd very much like to redeem myself.”

This is the current bribe I am working with…
Statement regarding Urbano’s 5th SFG claim:

Quote:
3:08pm Charley “H”

Per your request...
4 OCT 2013

I was in 5th SFG(A) from 1984-1989 as a Detachment Commander, Comptroller and Service Company Commander. Made the move from Bragg to Campbell and was responsible, as Commander, for the Riggers and a Flight Detachment consisting of four MH-60 Blackhawks. There was no Pathfinder Det/Unit in the 5th Special Forces Group. He--Michael Urbano--would have had to work for me as an Aviator or Pathfinder and I never met him.

As far as his statements about training at FT Campbell, I was there from 81-84, Adjutant and Company Commander in the 3rd BDE of the 101st before I went to 5th SFG(A), and there were no "mini" Ranger Courses held during that period.
I make this statement without prejudice or malice.

Charles W. H…. Colonel, US Army (Retired)
Quote:
SOURCE: Major Don "Lash" LaRue
Old 8 October 2013, 20:20
Preparing to defend

Claymore,
I was there with Charles W. H.
I was in the Flt. Det. which did report to CW, through out Det Cdr., Cpt.(later Maj.) Rudy C.. There was no Urbano. There was no PF Det. I can also speak for 7th Grp, as we were co-located at Simmons while at Bragg.

As for the 82nd and Grenada gig, 1/325 was on DRF 1 and slated shortly to leave for the Sinai. THEY did not ever see the Island of Grenada until after the Sinai gig. My brother was there in 1/325 and I was with B/82nd Avn.
Old 9 October 2013, 11:49
Authorized Personnel

It always amazes me, when painted into a corner, these explanations these kind of guys come up with when trying to explain their claims. As if the guys they are explaining it to have no idea as to the validity of "Mini-Ranger school" at Ft. Campbell. For the love of God man! Roll over and at least take the ass fucking you are about to get like a man.
Old 9 October 2013, 13:12
BT,WBTWC

The only thing that could possibly be called a "mini-Ranger" course at Fort Campbell is Air Assault School, which bills itself "The toughest 10 days in the Army," and has an equally inflated view of its degree of difficulty. My sweatpea graduated AAS at 5'0" and 100 lbs.

Our new posting rules