Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 12 May 2015, 23:58

Anyway, back to blasting a guy you don't know...proceed.
Old 13 May 2015, 00:32
Violent Social Worker

They know enough, which is that he's a fucking fraud.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 13 May 2015, 02:31
Confirmed User

My New Hero

Source: Realities On The Ground
Old 13 May 2015, 05:12
Another pool cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeaty2 View Post
What does that mean?

Last edited by 8654maine; 13 May 2015 at 05:27.
Old 13 May 2015, 06:25
Been There Done That

My guess is that dbeaty2 is giving us permission to field strip the Gomer.

Sounds a bit like Drill Sergeant Hartman is about to go cyclic...

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 13 May 2015, 07:26
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
What does that mean?
I think he's butt hurt because he (professional journalist) came here to tell us (unwashed masses) the truth and we fail to understand.
Old 13 May 2015, 07:49
Administrator

Quote:
We know him well because this scenario has been played out over and over with others. Our history of expertise is well known. You're just an outsider who bought into someone's BS about his mil service.

It our lineage and honor, not yours.
Old 13 May 2015, 08:39
Preparing to defend

Does he do any shovel tricks?

This entire thing with deadbeat smells familiar.

Danger, Danger Will Robinson
Old 13 May 2015, 09:22
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

I wonder how Mr Beaty would feel if we went on his FB page and posted that he was being unkind to our buddy, who he doubted had really won an Oscar for his filming expertise, but we know really had an Oscar because he showed it to us in his home.

Wait -- you can find the list of Oscar awardees fairly simply online, and our buddy isn't listed? Meh, it was an Academy oversight which happens all of the time, BTW -- and it will be rectified. Besides, the Oscar was for filming poor children who were given a trip to Disneyland, all out-of-pocket and worthy -- why are people hating on good deeds?

LOL.

No one likes their hero to be a fraud....
Old 13 May 2015, 09:25
BTDT

Quote:
I have been posting quite a bit lately, the 40th anniversary of the fall of Saigon was the catharsis.

I posted about the 45 minutes I spent w/Pres Clinton, I took him on. He had tears in his eyes at one point.

I didn't know him either, but I was aware of what he had done, and I was speaking for those 58000 honorable individuals who gave their lives for their country.

Your guy is dishonoring those better than him.

That should be enough, even for you!
Old 13 May 2015, 10:43
#AllLionsMatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
No one likes their hero to be a fraud....
Roger!

There is a limit to compassion.
Old 13 May 2015, 11:13
Been There Done That

Quote:
I've never called out a poster here before, and SF is not my lane but I'll make an exception for you. How dare you come to our house, with your weak passive aggresive, condescending attitude and tell us what we should or shouldn't do?

I suggest you fix yourself soon or I imagine your stay here will be short lived. If you created an account just to defend this piece of shit simply leave now! He will get no sympathy from us, or those like us regardless of how many "atta boy's" he's received for his PTSD work.
Old 13 May 2015, 18:34
Another pool cleaner

Jhes160, something about dbeaty2's snarky little post got me rankled as well.
Old 14 May 2015, 10:47
Confirmed User

Warrant

One would think that if you can afford millions to buy a prison, you could afford to pay your taxes.. This is easily obtainable through an internet search.. ... ..Clay

Source: Florida Dept. of Revenue - WARRANT
Old 14 May 2015, 10:50
Confirmed User

Last Year

This was dated last year.. 11 - 12 - 2014.. ... ..Clay
Old 14 May 2015, 21:04

Sorry, I did not mean to have any attitude. Nor did I mean any disrespect. I only have the utmost respect and pride for all members of our services.

Sometimes typed in words don't come across with the same meaning as spoken. But isn't it OK to point out another view point or take an alternate stance or opinion? It's only my opinion, and as you said, someone not in your house saying it may seem out of touch. I'm just saying from my point of view as a civi. Maybe I don't have any right and should stow it? I just wanted to correct some things out there, this whole "operator" thing, I have used that title incorrectly in a few videos, because I didn't know the difference between SF operator and signal. Now I know, It was my error, and I am sorry if that offends. I have learned now how important that difference is, when presenting history about SF. So just want to make sure you know those elements in my work were my fault and I corrected them. No mention of "operator" or any of the super hero stuff I read here were ever mentioned to me, that was my mistake.

I don't know the personal details about what brought about this beef, personal, professional or internal, that only you'd know, just that I have helped work on some good deeds to help other vets through his efforts. That's why I posted that charity event I filmed for him.

Again, sorry if my words seemed disrespectful, but it does seem like a blast fest. Only you know those details. If you want to ban me for that, I understand.

Dave B.
Old 14 May 2015, 22:43
Been There Done That

dbeaty2: Standing up for friends is admirable. But what your friend did is not.

It would be as if a priest or teacher noted for years of good works got caught poking your underage kid. One aw-shit erases one hundred attaboys. Life is tough that way. Rightly so.

Your bro is a fraud. How you choose to deal with that is up to you. But nobody here is big on forgive and forget. Because we all remember folks who died doing what your buddy falsely claimed. Personally, I'd cut away a "friend" like that.
Old 15 May 2015, 11:41
Been There Done That

Quote:

Dave B.
I think this article was written close enough to this situation that is worth it for you to read so you can understand why he is despised:

http://www.havokjournal.com/culture/veterans-hate-posers-much/
Old 15 May 2015, 12:13
Confirmed User

SOCNET Is Forever

This is about as "right on" as one can get.. Good article..

Quote:
But there is a group of people that many veterans utterly detest, with every ounce of our collective being: military posers. A military poser is someone who, through fabrication, exaggeration, omission, or lack of correction creates or allows to be created an incorrect perception of his or her military service status. Simply put, if reasonable people think you are representing yourself as someone or something you are not, then you’re a poser. Period.
Not correcting anything that has been said, just smells like shit.. If the poser/embellisher allows lies to continue without being corrected, then he is a piece of shit..

Trying to scrub what lies that have been told by the POS is fruitless.. That old internet is forever.. Since this has gone on for so long with Brer Jones, a public apology is a way to start getting his life back on track.. I said, a Start.. But we know that ain't gonna happen.. Like the internet, SOCNET is forever, also.. ... ..Clay

Source: Why Veterans Hate Posers So, So, So, SO Very Much
Old 15 May 2015, 12:22
Another pool cleaner

What dbeaty2 and others do not comprehend is that every goddamn lying POSer out there stand upon the foundation laid down by the blood, sweat and tears of others who do not seek glory or fame.

Honor is due them. Not these charlatans.

Our new posting rules