Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Veterans Issues

Old 17 February 2017, 22:07
Moving Target

Long Day at the VA

I went to the Salem Va. VA hospital yesterday with belly pains and after 10 hours I finally got a CT Scan which showed that I had Diverticulitis. I went to the VA the day before but didn't get there until about four pm and there was only one doctor for the entire ER. I saw three people wait for hours just laying there and they got fed up and went home so I did also. The second day I got there at 1pm and found out that there was three doctors in the ER that day so I figured it would be faster but it wasn't. I was shocked at the way I saw some of the people being treated as well. not my best experience at a hospital. I hope to get Medical Coverage soon so I never have to use the VA again.
Old 17 February 2017, 22:18
Authorized Personnel

Everything about that situation is sad, Brother!

I hope you got taken care of and received what you needed!
Old 17 February 2017, 22:50
Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
Everything about that situation is sad, Brother!

I hope you got taken care of and received what you needed!
I am thankful that I did get to see a Doctor and get some antibiotics and some other medicine so I guess I shouldn't complain, its just that it all took so long.
Old 17 February 2017, 22:56
The atomic zit

Take care of that shit. My best friend's diverticulitis would have killed him without emegency surgery. He's a hard headed fuck. But since then, he has his diet in check and looks better every time I see him.

Take care,

S
Old 17 February 2017, 23:04
Authorized Personnel

Man that sucks. I attempted to use the Salem VA a few times after I retired. Useless. I could go to a civilian doc and get done in about 2 hours what it would take the VA 6 months and a half dozen appointments to do. It's a fucking racket.
Old 17 February 2017, 23:25
Moving Target

The attitudes of some of the people that work there really piss me off. I have filed IG complaits against two employees so far and the one was fired and the other is no longer a Primary Care doctor. I am quick to take action when I see a veteran getting disrespected . I see a lot of Good there but there is some bad stuff too. The way I see it is that the VA is for the Veterans and they should be treated with the utmost respect at all times. I get crazy when I see a worker smart mouth a vet. The bathroom rooms were out of order in the ER yesterday and the guy next to me, who had been there over 12 hours, wanted to poop and they simply told him no because the bathrooms were out of order so the guy goes in his PJ's. then they have to clean it up, a little while later he had to go again and they got the potty chair out and there was no problems. The issue I had is they knew people where going to have to use the bathroom and they should of had the potty chair the first time , it really pissed me off. I'm not complaining about all the personnel because there are some people who are kind and professional so its not all of them. I would have filed a IG complaint about what I saw yesterday but I was in too much pain. I didn't get the names of the nurses involved.
Old 18 February 2017, 02:43
Confirmed User

There are several I.G. reports on Salem Va. I read one just last week. They got raked over the coals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxcolt13 View Post
I went to the Salem Va. VA hospital yesterday with belly pains and after 10 hours I finally got a CT Scan which showed that I had Diverticulitis. I went to the VA the day before but didn't get there until about four pm and there was only one doctor for the entire ER. I saw three people wait for hours just laying there and they got fed up and went home so I did also. The second day I got there at 1pm and found out that there was three doctors in the ER that day so I figured it would be faster but it wasn't. I was shocked at the way I saw some of the people being treated as well. not my best experience at a hospital. I hope to get Medical Coverage soon so I never have to use the VA again.
Old 20 February 2017, 00:26
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
there was only one doctor for the entire ER. (
I feel bad for that one overloaded doctor who is willing to work there but will be the target of much spleen venting over the actions and inactions of other employees.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 10 March 2017, 14:31
Darwin Award Presenter

This pisses me off as well. Poor treatment of veterans is never acceptable. The fact that some of these VA executives benefited from "cooked books" in order to give the appearance that the wait problem had been fixed, when in fact, nothing had been improved except their bank accounts. May they rot in a special hell, all of them.
Old 13 March 2017, 10:21
Sound off for equipment check!

Quote:
I went to the Salem Va. VA hospital yesterday...(
My dad worked there for a few years in the '70s, and shitty service for vets was an established tradition back then. He finally got fed up with it and transferred to another state.

Sadly, it appears nothing has changed.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bi ghwm t hē his frēond wrece, onne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgēowes

Our new posting rules