Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Veterans Issues

Old 5 July 2017, 23:33
Genetically Deplorable

Do you read your Myhealthevets "VA Notes"?

I have been reading my VA Notes for some time now but recently got more in to them since I have a claim in process. I'm starting to notice a few of my providers may be in the bag for the VA. Several "opinions" made in my appointment notes seem to relate directly to my claim, though it is not mentioned directly. This would mean the provider is going into the eBenefits side of my record then adjusting their notes to passively address them.

For those who are not aware, every time you have contact with a VA provider (nurse, social worker, doc, appointment setter, etc) they are required to document the contact. The idea is for providers to transcribe your appt notes on to your record but it seems to have become much more than that.

I never believed the more sinister stuff until now, as there is no reason a medical doc would have made the comments in my record unless they had looked in to my eBenefits and decided to pre-empt an issue in an ongoing claim.

Am I just being paranoid?
Old 5 July 2017, 23:58
Confirmed User

Another thing.
Not all notes are placed into your myhealthyvet account (do a google search, numerous cases of this being found)

Do a FOIA request a week or so after your appointment and ask for all of your medical record from a few days before to when you make the request. See how those records match up with myhealthyvet.

If the VA docs are potentially fucking you over, download the appropriate disability benefits questionnaire and have an outside doc complete it.
Old 7 July 2017, 13:58
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzmedic View Post
I have been reading my VA Notes for some time now but recently got more in to them since I have a claim in process. I'm starting to notice a few of my providers may be in the bag for the VA. Several "opinions" made in my appointment notes seem to relate directly to my claim, though it is not mentioned directly. This would mean the provider is going into the eBenefits side of my record then adjusting their notes to passively address them.

For those who are not aware, every time you have contact with a VA provider (nurse, social worker, doc, appointment setter, etc) they are required to document the contact. The idea is for providers to transcribe your appt notes on to your record but it seems to have become much more than that.

I never believed the more sinister stuff until now, as there is no reason a medical doc would have made the comments in my record unless they had looked in to my eBenefits and decided to pre-empt an issue in an ongoing claim.

Am I just being paranoid?
Once a Doctor enters notes in your records they can't be changed, They can add a comment to the notes but can't change them.
Old 7 July 2017, 17:38
Confirmed User

My notes are the same as the ones I pick up at VA..My claims arent going well, but, once they make this last decision, closure. Too much stress dealing with VA.

Our new posting rules