Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 18 June 2013, 13:22
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickmanc View Post
Thanks for the Intel leopard. I will keep all this in mind. Thanks for your service. I've also heard of guard guys getting their tabs revoked. What is the reason for that? Failure to perform?
If by "Failure to Perform" you mean like plugging a thumbdrive into the SIPR, sexually harrassing the U.S. Ambassador's wife and then losing your wedding ring at a whorehouse, all within the scope of 72 hours, then, yeah.

What's the score so far in the past year? I heard it was like 100 tabs. No doubt 90 of them from 7th Group...
22 Aug 17
Old 18 June 2013, 13:51
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
If by "Failure to Perform" you mean like plugging a thumbdrive into the SIPR, sexually harrassing the U.S. Ambassador's wife and then losing your wedding ring at a whorehouse, all within the scope of 72 hours, then, yeah.

What's the score so far in the past year? I heard it was like 100 tabs. No doubt 90 of them from 7th Group...

Last edited by leopardprey; 18 June 2013 at 13:52. Reason: Never mind.
Old 19 June 2013, 18:05
RIP Cass and SOTB

Wow...yea people like that don't deserve a tab of the right do the things the country asks of them. That's ridiculous.
Old 21 June 2013, 12:11
RIP Cass and SOTB

I have started requesting official documentation for the poser from outside sources. He never seems to have any documents or cant remember any of his commanders or teammates lol. So I am trying to find a way to get the information I need to present our higher ups and start the ball rolling on busting his ass. If anybody has any help or advice you can offer. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you all for helping with this
Old 26 June 2013, 14:44
RIP Cass and SOTB

POSER GOT FRIED!!!! After help from some of you btdt fellas. Mr Ray Ratheal was caught in the net of lies he cast. After claiming 18b with 3SFG. Theatre Commander PSD, Malaysian combat tracker course. That was his first slip up. Nobody from 2/3SFG has ever hears of this turd. Then he said he was 2/19SFG. His s3 squashed that. And the poser. As well as a former 2/75 ranger (our boss) and our other instructors. He was fired immediately upon being found out. He took the cowards way out and would not show up in person to defend himself, he just didn't come to work and called in a replacement to take his shifts.

Thank you to everybody that helped with this. And to the moderators for posting such great sticky posts (poser busting for non btdt dummies)
Old 2 July 2013, 19:59

Need assistance in exposing a fraud claims to have been in Delta

I know a local guy who claims he was a member of Delta, of course his story changes with each person he talks with. He is a disgrace as far as I'm concerned. I would love to get a hold of his DD214 and shut him up for good

I am not former military, but spent 32 yrs as a police officer. I know bullshit when I hear it.

I do a great deal of charity work with the organization Hope for the Warriors so I do have knowledge of military service and units.

My father was in the Navy, and I have great respect for those who have served. Anyone that can lead me in the right direction? All I have is a first and last name, and DOB.

He has told people he was in the ARmy, Marines, and Air Force. I have seen what appeared to be a military ID which stated Air Force.

Right there was a red flag, to my knowledge Delta was from Army SF, unless someone had a specific skill set for a mission such as AF PJ...

I want to shut this guy up once and for all... grateful for any help
Old 2 July 2013, 20:07
In Vino Veritas

Please post an intro as you were asked to do.
Old 7 August 2013, 13:21

Brig. Gen. Walt Smith

Saw several posts implying that Walt Smith was lying. Don't know about his military career, but do know the following....

I cannot vouch for Waltís military service, as I did not know that part of his life. I do know the following about him.
Worked for Sis-Q Flying Service as co-pilot on PBY N2886D, Tanker #49.
Company contracted to CA Div. of Forestry and U.S. Forest Service to supply aerial fire fighting aircraft.
Left the company to go to work for the CA State Police, and was on Gov. Reaganís Security Patrol.
Worked for the FAA at Sonoma County Airport, ( Charles M. Schultz Airport)
Walt was flying on Tanker #49 when I went to work for the company, and was a dedicated employee.
Tanker #49 was sold when Sis-Q went out of business. This can be verified by an internet search for the N #, N2886D, or Sis-Q Flying Service Tanker #49. It ended up in WA State, and crashed while water scooping and pilot and co-pilot died. Pictures of the remains are also available on the internet.
I know this because I worked as a mechanic at the company while Walt was flying, and in my last year with the company I also flew co-pilot on #49 occasionally. I was not the main co-pilot, but when he needed time off I would sometimes substitute for him.
Philip Nielsen
Emmett, ID
Old 7 August 2013, 13:40
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevdane View Post
Saw several posts implying that Walt Smith was lying. Don't know about his military career, but do know the following....

I cannot vouch for Walt’s military service, as I did not know that part of his life. I do know the following about him.
Worked for Sis-Q Flying Service as co-pilot on PBY N2886D, Tanker #49.
Company contracted to CA Div. of Forestry and U.S. Forest Service to supply aerial fire fighting aircraft.
Left the company to go to work for the CA State Police, and was on Gov. Reagan’s Security Patrol.
Worked for the FAA at Sonoma County Airport, ( Charles M. Schultz Airport)
Walt was flying on Tanker #49 when I went to work for the company, and was a dedicated employee.
Tanker #49 was sold when Sis-Q went out of business. This can be verified by an internet search for the N #, N2886D, or Sis-Q Flying Service Tanker #49. It ended up in WA State, and crashed while water scooping and pilot and co-pilot died. Pictures of the remains are also available on the internet.
I know this because I worked as a mechanic at the company while Walt was flying, and in my last year with the company I also flew co-pilot on #49 occasionally. I was not the main co-pilot, but when he needed time off I would sometimes substitute for him.
Philip Nielsen
Emmett, ID
Walt Smith received a honorary title of "General" in his state militia (not the state's National Guard)...it wasn't a real rank..just a title. Walt Smith then went on to pretend that he was a real General...

http://socnet.com/showthread.php?t=93608

Walt Smith's last Federally recognized rank was Major/O-4. At that rank, he knew the difference and allowed the lie as it benefited him and his close family member, Adam Appel, personally.

Adam Appel's info and his relationship with Walt Smith:

http://socnet.com/showthread.php?t=92356

Thank you for your service to our Great Nation. As a veteran, you'll likely agree with me that they both are fucking panty waste....

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 7 August 2013, 14:39
Morte et une dame

I was snookered, once.
Last year, I met someone I know fairly well.
He was wearing Army 'Greens' and had a rank of either Colonel or Brigadier General. I told him that I had no idea he was in the Guard... and certainly not of that rank. He went on to tell me that he was in the State's Guard and not the National Guard. I asked what State's Guard DOES. He said "If the National Guard ever gets called up, the State's Guard would take over the armories... or something like that.
"Are you issued weapons?" "No." (virtual head scratching, there)
I asked how he attained the rank of Col (or BG) and he responded "By going to all the meetings in uniform".(Blink... blink...)
He was honest as could be, but I was unimpressed; it sounds like a boys' club.
Old 7 August 2013, 15:57
Pirate and Rogue

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Defense_Forces

Not fake and the topic of a couple of conversations on this board in the past. Some of these guys are currently on 18 month "activations" in Texas supporting the NG and CBP. They get paid and they are part of the State Military structure for their states. Some of these guys are prior service guys that got out and still wanted to serve. Some are guys that have never worn a uniform before joining.

Stupid should be a medical diagnosis - Texan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 7 August 2013, 16:11
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDawg_03 View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Defense_Forces

Not fake and the topic of a couple of conversations on this board in the past. Some of these guys are currently on 18 month "activations" in Texas supporting the NG and CBP. They get paid and they are part of the State Military structure for their states. Some of these guys are prior service guys that got out and still wanted to serve. Some are guys that have never worn a uniform before joining.
You need to read the linked threads. No one stated that the State militias dont exist. The "rank" bestowed upon them is honorary....the ARs and state regulations make this even more clear. A conversation specifically about "General Smith" with the CA State Adjutant General under whom falls the NG (Army & Air Force) as well as the State Militia confirmed this. He stated that "General Smith" should not be representing himself outside the state militia as a general officer.

"General Smith" isn't a General any more than a Kentucky Colonel is a COL.

At various times, CA State Militia "General" Smith claimed to be a 2 star General in the Army, a one star General in the CA Air National Guard, and/or a one star General in the Marine Reserves. He appears to have received GEN level privileges while visiting his son, a Marine officer. See the problem now? No one is questioning Walt Smith's enlisted service which included decorated combat service in Vietnam and included award of the Purple Heart.

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.

Last edited by HighDragLowSpeed; 7 August 2013 at 16:28.
Old 7 August 2013, 16:37
Pirate and Rogue

I was only saying that the State Guards were a real animal. I wasn't saying what he was doing was right. Sorry for the confusion

Stupid should be a medical diagnosis - Texan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12 August 2013, 17:17
ASA Geek

I am trying to vet a guy here. I was asked to do so by some of the wounded guys I know from Walter Reed. Mary has tried to Vet him for me but has had some difficulties with this individual in question i.e. getting current info. PM Me for details and I will send you my number so we can chat..... Thanks
Old 7 January 2014, 04:24
The other blue meat

Howdy, quick question... SF metal insignia pinned on blue background worn on a Maroon beret. Red flag?
Old 7 January 2014, 05:13
The other blue meat

I'll PM you.
Old 7 January 2014, 05:30
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theangrysmurf View Post
I'll PM you.
The point of a "Sticky", is to share with everyone. Post your details here.

Thanks
Old 7 January 2014, 05:31
The other blue meat

For others to ponder- he claims he's a 18C but wears the maroon beret. I'm sure he's a National Guard troop, just questioning the 18C bit after he signed something as a (TS18C) and verbally conveyed that he was SF and all his hero shots are fake. I forwarded a FB profile pic to Psyop Shaw, but if anyone is 19th SFG and would know for a fact what his status is, that would be helpful.
Old 7 January 2014, 05:46
The other blue meat

Here is his facebook profile pic- https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 7 January 2014, 05:53
The Sagacious One

I cannot get the link to work. What's his name?

Our new posting rules