SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Professional Development and Education

Old 20 July 2018, 12:07
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu King Lawyer View Post
Have you filed a Public Records Request (Chpt 119 F.S.) for a copy of the polygraph materials - with both the college/academy as well as with the contracting agency who performed the poly exam? A request for everything including the charts, audio/visual recordings, poly questions, statements, reports, test charts, any "scoring" done by the examiner, examiner's conclusions, notes, everything related to your exam? Normally, there is a quality control review of exams and any reviews can be requested. Don't forget that the examiner may have taken stuff back to his agency that he didn't provide to the school so one simple request to the school may not get you everything.
I have not, but that is a good idea. I paid for this poly, so I should be allowed a copy.

I don't know if there is a polygraph policy posted online anywhere for this academy, but I'll certainly look.

I was actually wondering if I could appeal to the academic dean or someone, but I was hesitant because the academy and the school could be separate entities, even though they share a name, etc.

I'm going to call the school right now and see if I can get the ball rolling on getting a copy of everything.
Old 21 July 2018, 08:22
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Polygraphs are such a load of bullshit, and anyone who has seen what's behind that particular curtain knows it. There is a very good reason that they are not admissible in court.
F'n bingo - they should just bring in a Scientology auditor and his E-Meter. HITF (how in the fuck) these things are used for anything but Vegas lounge acts, boggles the intelligent mind. Ouja Boards are the next thing coming.
Old 21 July 2018, 08:23
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip View Post
I have not, but that is a good idea. I paid for this poly, so I should be allowed a copy.

I don't know if there is a polygraph policy posted online anywhere for this academy, but I'll certainly look.

I was actually wondering if I could appeal to the academic dean or someone, but I was hesitant because the academy and the school could be separate entities, even though they share a name, etc.

I'm going to call the school right now and see if I can get the ball rolling on getting a copy of everything.
See if you can get free/cheap advice from an employment attorney?

Our new posting rules