SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 17 December 2018, 10:36
Been There Done That

Why do some items go to the lounge and others do not?

Why do some threads get sent to the lounge and others do not? Totally a personal call by the "moderators?"
Old 17 December 2018, 15:42
Administrator

When they stray off subject or were posted in the wrong place to begin with. The McRaven thread expanded way beyond NSW, so I moved it. This thread has nothing to do with NSW, So I'm going to move it as well.
Old 2 January 2019, 14:17
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post
When they stray off subject or were posted in the wrong place to begin with. The McRaven thread expanded way beyond NSW, so I moved it. This thread has nothing to do with NSW, So I'm going to move it as well.
How did it have nothing to do with NSW? The McRaven thread was all about NSW, it included other SOF, but so what? I think you just didn't like what you were seeing and by doing that you're essentially trying to frame the narrative. It's unfortunate to see since this was supposed to be a place SOF guys could talk openly about issues, instead with actions like this it undermines the credibility of impartial moderators.
Old 2 January 2019, 15:19
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
Respectfully Medic5392, if that thread was in the NSW/SEAL area many-many folks will not comment on it out of respect for their lane.

I'd thought to comment in it myself early on in it's genesis, yet due to where it was. . .
The conversation delved into training and issues caused by the same GOs that we started to talk about, not sure how it's not related to NSW. Especially since SOCOM runs NSW. Gonna have to agree to disagree, I think it was taken off because a lot of former and current Os don't like being called out.
Old 2 January 2019, 16:16
SOCNET Moderator

Medic5392 thank you for your service.
I am not a BTDT so my recommendation means little to nothing. But for what it’s worth.

I would take your concerns to Admin Frog via PM’s. No need to start all of this in the lounge......

Hope you have a great New Year and stay safe.
Old 2 January 2019, 17:45
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic5392 View Post
The conversation delved into training and issues caused by the same GOs that we started to talk about, not sure how it's not related to NSW. Especially since SOCOM runs NSW. Gonna have to agree to disagree, I think it was taken off because a lot of former and current Os don't like being called out.
The dual between officers and enlisted is as old as the wheel and fire. I can personally vouch for the fact that officers are not given any quarter anywhere on SOCNET, be it the NSW forum or any other.
Old 2 January 2019, 17:50
Administrator

This should have been addressed via PM.

Closed
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules