SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 8 January 2018, 16:09
Pirate and Rogue

The issue is that folks need to take care of, socialize, and be responsible for their fucking dogs.

If you cant do that then you shouldn't have one......that is the issue.

PB's actually come in 3rd or 4th on jaw strength of domestic dogs, as long as we are putting it out there.....

Stupid should be a medical diagnosis - Texan

Being smart does not guarantee success, but being stupid practically guarantees failure - GSniper
Old 8 January 2018, 16:16
I still think I'm fooling everyone

In 2020s cocker spaniels will take the mantle of murderer dogs from pitbulls, so 2 more years left......
Old 8 January 2018, 16:32
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDawg_03 View Post
...PB's actually come in 3rd or 4th on jaw strength of domestic dogs, as long as we are putting it out there.....
Therein lies the reason I said bite strength AND mentality....

Personally, I don't care one way or the other...as I don't have a "dog" in this fight....
Old 8 January 2018, 17:29
Policeman Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDawg_03 View Post
The issue is that folks need to take care of, socialize, and be responsible for their fucking dogs.

If you cant do that then you shouldn't have one......that is the issue.
Absolutely. It is always a person's fault. Whether it's abuse, neglect, lack of proper socialization or just allowing unsupervised contact with a kid it is always a person's fault.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 8 January 2018, 19:40
Swimming Upstream

Good news, looks like she will make it:

https://www.fox25boston.com/news/dad-stabs-family-dog-to-death-to-save-1-year-old-daughter/679360071
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 8 January 2018, 20:18
Cry havoc

As a very informed dog owner, I know that 99.99% of the time this is a dog owner issue, not a dog issue.

That said, I would not own a pit.

Two eyes from the east.
Old 8 January 2018, 20:19
Policeman Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC2W View Post
As a very informed dog owner, I know that 99.99% of the time this is a dog owner issue, not a dog issue.

That said, I would not own a pit.
Well, you're not really big enough to control one.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 8 January 2018, 23:01
Been There Done That

My brother had a pit that just came up to his shop as a young pup, named him Pooter. He was a nice dog to me and my daughter. Never gave us any issues. My wife on the other hand...he always looked at her like she was a bacon cheeseburger with extra bacon.

I never trusted that dog, but he never caused me any grief. I would not own one with kids around, don't trust them.
Old 11 January 2018, 23:07
Swimming Upstream

The latest death:

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/news/2018/01/10/wm-woman-killed-pit-bull-wm-kennel/1020452001/
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 12 January 2018, 18:09
Bitter old man.

I'm hoping Milkbone skivvies chimes in.
Old 12 January 2018, 18:19
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple36 View Post
The latest death:

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/news/2018/01/10/wm-woman-killed-pit-bull-wm-kennel/1020452001/
Something is funky here, article says there is a sign saying the kennel is closed on Tuesdays, yet the woman was killed on a Tuesday night at 11pm
Old 12 January 2018, 20:46
Swimming Upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
Something is funky here, article says there is a sign saying the kennel is closed on Tuesdays, yet the woman was killed on a Tuesday night at 11pm
She was an employee so why would it be unusual to have her there? I sure expect kennels I board with to have someone on the job. I don't know if they do, but I expect it. What if there was an emergency, fire etc.
Old 13 January 2018, 13:11
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple36 View Post
She was an employee so why would it be unusual to have her there? I sure expect kennels I board with to have someone on the job. I don't know if they do, but I expect it. What if there was an emergency, fire etc.
I missed the employee part, makes sense now.
Old 14 January 2018, 09:44
Authorized Personnel

There have been times where media hype and a good soundbite (see what I did there) have been used to stunning effect against the following: Dobie, GSD, Rotts, Mex, Blacks, Jews, Catholics, Protestants, Pretty White College Boys With Rich Parents on Team XYZ, Gypsies, Priests, Atheists, Rednecks, City Boys, and Chihuahuas. If you're offended because I omitted your demographical identifier....take a number and and please be seated.

Everyone gets a turn on the rack. BUT:
When you have a wealth of positive experience with them, and try to speak up saying "hey wait a minute" all my experiences are NOTHING like the news...your personal experience is marginalized. People who've made up their minds very often dismiss what you have to say. "You're sentimental, you're just biased, the truth is all over the news". Try harder to get your own .02 heard:...well then this CONFIRMS how biased and sentimental you really are. Nothing annoys a man more than steadfast refusal to adopt his views...people start getting emotional and calling names.

Heaven help the stubborn "idiot" who relies on personal experience first.

Last edited by Gryfen-FL; 14 January 2018 at 09:49. Reason: Typo
Old 14 January 2018, 10:23
Pirate and Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryfen-FL View Post
There have been times where media hype and a good soundbite (see what I did there) have been used to stunning effect against the following: Dobie, GSD, Rotts, Mex, Blacks, Jews, Catholics, Protestants, Pretty White College Boys With Rich Parents on Team XYZ, Gypsies, Priests, Atheists, Rednecks, City Boys, and Chihuahuas. If you're offended because I omitted your demographical identifier....take a number and and please be seated.

Everyone gets a turn on the rack. BUT:
When you have a wealth of positive experience with them, and try to speak up saying "hey wait a minute" all my experiences are NOTHING like the news...your personal experience is marginalized. People who've made up their minds very often dismiss what you have to say. "You're sentimental, you're just biased, the truth is all over the news". Try harder to get your own .02 heard:...well then this CONFIRMS how biased and sentimental you really are. Nothing annoys a man more than steadfast refusal to adopt his views...people start getting emotional and calling names.

X1000

Stupid should be a medical diagnosis - Texan

Being smart does not guarantee success, but being stupid practically guarantees failure - GSniper
Old 14 January 2018, 10:26
Shakin' the bush Boss

Quote:
Get out your umbrellas, it's raining cold hard truth in here.
Old 14 January 2018, 10:43
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
I'll take personal experience every time over skewed statistics which are usually then used in a way to benefit those using them.
Old 14 January 2018, 10:52
#BlackRiflesMatter

Quote:
Chihuahuas...
Dude, that's racist. (and may even be sexual harassment).

Everyone knows dachshund are at the top of any neighborhood pack hierarchy. They are the true "alpha" ringleaders of any free-ranging ferrel syndicate. Pits are usually just mindless muscle brought along to be the patsy, to take the fall, while the evil dachshund scampers away. It's a frame job, and it's working.
Old 14 January 2018, 11:09
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
Dude, that's....
Did you just ASSUME MY GENDER?
Old 14 January 2018, 11:53
#AllLionsMatter

Smile

Quote:
Did you just "ASSUME" MY GENDER?
LMMFAO!
Education is all about gaining theoretical knowledge in the classroom or any institution. Training is a way to develop specific skills, whereas education is a typical system of learning.

Our new posting rules