SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 5 April 2007, 14:10
Confirmed User

H20, I am not against the next person "Hot rodding" their firearm. It is their firearm and their money....... go at it.

I was just mentioning there are guys who do not use "common sense" and to be careful of their advice.

My favorite loads to shoot, are plinking loads, rather light recoil. There is all kinds of shooting, reloading offers a person more choices than factory loads.
Old 6 April 2007, 10:19
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLiS
H20, I am not against the next person "Hot rodding" their firearm. It is their firearm and their money....... go at it.

I was just mentioning there are guys who do not use "common sense" and to be careful of their advice.

My favorite loads to shoot, are plinking loads, rather light recoil. There is all kinds of shooting, reloading offers a person more choices than factory loads.
I agree their money, their firearm and their shoulder. I prefer to reload to try to improve accuracy. I believe that a well placed shot is preferable to trying to "knock" a target down. Light recoil or standard loads will allow you to comfortably train in the art of shooting without the expensive of high velocity, barrel destroying, shoulder hammering, flinch causing loads.

Appeasement is the cowards way into one.
Old 29 November 2009, 21:13
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokeu2 View Post
Ok, I bought a Hornady Lock-n-Load AP back in 2000 or 2001. But being that I'd nearly whiped out in a divorce, I sold off most of my lead throwing toys, and pretty much forgot that I had this reloader. This thing never got used, never even set up.

So.... I was going through some stuff in the basement and I came across my reloader! Very pleasant find indeed, but! I have no idea if I have everything that I need to get this thing going.

Even though I bought this thing new, there was little documentation that came with it. So I do not know what I have, nor do I know what I need.

Does anyone have an equipment list handy, that could be used as a check list?

Another option I may consider is simply selling this thing to someone who knows what the hell they are doing, and buying a Dillion 550 package from Brian Eno. IF thats the smart play... Anyone want a good deal on a Hornady Lock-n-Load thats a bit dusty, but never used?
Choke,

Have you set this up yet? What kind of service do you get from it? I am debating this or the Dillon 650.

Any one else have any thoughts?

Thanks
Old 29 November 2009, 22:01

Hollis BPC??

Hollis

I see a Lyman 55 set up for drop tube use. Do you shoot Black Powder Cartridge?
Old 5 December 2009, 00:52
CEO, Peanut Gallery

I've got a square deal B for pistol, a 550 and a 650 with case feed. Also a rockchuker, my first press. Gotta love the Dillon folks; their no BS warranty is tough to beat. Military movers lost some minor parts to my 550. I called Dillon and they sent me a small parts kit for free.

If you are trying to decide between which Dillon, go here: http://brianenos.com/pages/dillon.html
Old 26 December 2009, 11:57
Confirmed User

Very cool, Hollis. Kinda looks like my set up (but a bit more extensive). I, too, prefer the Dillon 55 set up. I have two; one set for small primer reloading and the other for large primers. You can kick some serious ass using these reloaders - very fast and hard to make a mistake.
Old 2 April 2018, 21:29
Navigating

Case Trimmer

I’ve been using the “Worlds. Finest. Trimmer” from Little Crow Gunworks for about 6 years. I have one for .308 and .223.

- Excerpt from Gates of Fire, Michael Yon
Old 6 April 2018, 05:04
Make a desert and call it peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256 View Post
I’ve been using the “Worlds. Finest. Trimmer” from Little Crow Gunworks for about 6 years. I have one for .308 and .223.
This looks like a slick setup. I'm going to have to get one(or more) of these for my less common setups. Thanks. S/F.....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith
Old 6 April 2018, 10:15
Navigating

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
This looks like a slick setup. I'm going to have to get one(or more) of these for my less common setups. Thanks. S/F.....Ken M
Now they put out a universal trimmer, where you only have to buy new heads rather than a whole new trimmer. Really cool product.

- Excerpt from Gates of Fire, Michael Yon

Our new posting rules