SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Veterans Issues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 27 March 2018, 13:58
57Medic 57Medic is offline
Darwin Award Presenter
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New England
Posts: 850
Oh, and there are NO tests to diagnose Fibro. The diagnosis is made by symptoms alone. Neurologists my ass.

http//www.mayoclinic.org
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 1 May 2018, 20:10
foxcolt13 foxcolt13 is offline
Moving Target
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,898
I saw my VA doctor last month. She wouldnt give me Fibro. I went to theAmerican University in DC for two weeks and was diagnosed with fibro and Chronic Fatique.
I received my Denial letter from the VA today on my claims for Fibro, CFS and sleep apenea. I will appeal tomorrow.
__________________
Lost one to lost three......are you lost too.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 1 May 2018, 20:25
Ole crusty bastard's Avatar
Ole crusty bastard Ole crusty bastard is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Port Charlotte FL
Posts: 4,868
Stick with it, you are not dead yet.
__________________
...when in doubt...over prime.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 1 May 2018, 22:11
foxcolt13 foxcolt13 is offline
Moving Target
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole crusty bastard View Post
Stick with it, you are not dead yet.
Thanks , I wont give up.
Yesterday I met a guy who is getting 100% percent and he is a DOD security contractor. I dont understand he can been in such bad health to get 100% yet be healthy enough to be a contractor. he seemed to bein top condition. somethings not right!
__________________
Lost one to lost three......are you lost too.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 1 May 2018, 22:23
Gsniper Gsniper is offline
Shakin' the bush Boss
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,731
Don't try to figure out the "why" of the VA. It will make you fucking crazy.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 1 May 2018, 22:26
foxcolt13 foxcolt13 is offline
Moving Target
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Don't try to figure out the "why" of the VA. It will make you fucking crazy.
True
__________________
Lost one to lost three......are you lost too.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 1 May 2018, 22:33
10thvet's Avatar
10thvet 10thvet is online now
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Big Sky Country...
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Medic View Post
http//www.mayoclinic.org
Mini hijack...
My wife’s doc at Mayo was a hardheaded fuck stick. He Had my wife on methotrexate for over a year with NO improvement, never wanted to try anything else because “it works, just have to give it more time”... 1 year in a rinky dinky town in Montana with a doctor who listens, 3 different meds...and finally got to one that is showing great improvement.

FC13,
Just keep up your appeal. if your need more time to perfect your appeal, you should have 1 year from the date of the letter. Also make sure you submit the new medical documents,
__________________
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage" CS Lewis

America...a country founded by geniuses but managed by idiots
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 2 May 2018, 08:45
Fu King Lawyer Fu King Lawyer is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 1,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxcolt13 View Post
Thanks , I wont give up.
Yesterday I met a guy who is getting 100% percent and he is a DOD security contractor. I dont understand he can been in such bad health to get 100% yet be healthy enough to be a contractor. he seemed to bein top condition. somethings not right!
Foxcolt13. There are actually "two kinds" of 100% disability ratings from the VA. When you see Senators Duckworth (Ill) and McCain (AZ) on TV, know that they are each rated 100% Permanent and Total by the VA. Their ratings are per the schedules in Part IV, Title 38 CFR. Using Sen Duckworth as an example, she lost both legs above the knees and rates 100% P&T for that alone. She has other ratings on top of that but once you get to 100%, everything else is surplus.

Understand that those that are 100% per schedule are being compensated for the loss/inconvenience caused by disabilities, such as loss of legs. THEY ARE PERMITTED TO WORK.

There is another category of VA 100% disabled, related to something called "Individual unemployability" (IU). Generally (there are exceptions), the IU have a disability rated 60% and for one reason or another, cannot find or hold meaningful unemployment. VA compensates IU at the 100% rate. VETERANS RECIVING IU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO WORK. There are heavy penalties associated with violating this rule.

I suspect the contractor you mentioned is 100% per schedule and allowed to work. If you find the contractor is 100% based upon IU, that should be reported.

President Obama's admin eased up the IU process. If a Social Security Judge grants a claimant Soc Security Disability, and if that person is a Vet, he/she can take the award to VA and get IU (provided he/she has a 60% VA rating).

There are only about 260K Vets with 100% ratings per schedule. There are more than twice that number receiving IU.

v/r
fkl

P.S. When a Vet is granted 100% IU, VA seldom will address any new disabilities claimed by the Vet under the theory that there is nothing more in compensation that the Vet can gain, and it supposedly preserves VA assets to handle new claims. The bad thing for the Vet with IU and new issue, is that if a new issue would have received consideration and gotten the Vet to 100% per schedule, then that Vet could find something fulfilling in the line of non-grueling work, and perhaps achieve a more fulfilling life...

Last edited by Fu King Lawyer; 2 May 2018 at 09:03. Reason: Interrupted while typing the response
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 2 May 2018, 10:13
foxcolt13 foxcolt13 is offline
Moving Target
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu King Lawyer View Post
Foxcolt13. There are actually "two kinds" of 100% disability ratings from the VA. When you see Senators Duckworth (Ill) and McCain (AZ) on TV, know that they are each rated 100% Permanent and Total by the VA. Their ratings are per the schedules in Part IV, Title 38 CFR. Using Sen Duckworth as an example, she lost both legs above the knees and rates 100% P&T for that alone. She has other ratings on top of that but once you get to 100%, everything else is surplus.

Understand that those that are 100% per schedule are being compensated for the loss/inconvenience caused by disabilities, such as loss of legs. THEY ARE PERMITTED TO WORK.

There is another category of VA 100% disabled, related to something called "Individual unemployability" (IU). Generally (there are exceptions), the IU have a disability rated 60% and for one reason or another, cannot find or hold meaningful unemployment. VA compensates IU at the 100% rate. VETERANS RECIVING IU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO WORK. There are heavy penalties associated with violating this rule.

I suspect the contractor you mentioned is 100% per schedule and allowed to work. If you find the contractor is 100% based upon IU, that should be reported.

President Obama's admin eased up the IU process. If a Social Security Judge grants a claimant Soc Security Disability, and if that person is a Vet, he/she can take the award to VA and get IU (provided he/she has a 60% VA rating).

There are only about 260K Vets with 100% ratings per schedule. There are more than twice that number receiving IU.

v/r
fkl

P.S. When a Vet is granted 100% IU, VA seldom will address any new disabilities claimed by the Vet under the theory that there is nothing more in compensation that the Vet can gain, and it supposedly preserves VA assets to handle new claims. The bad thing for the Vet with IU and new issue, is that if a new issue would have received consideration and gotten the Vet to 100% per schedule, then that Vet could find something fulfilling in the line of non-grueling work, and perhaps achieve a more fulfilling life...
Thanks
__________________
Lost one to lost three......are you lost too.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 2 May 2018, 13:07
Gray Rhyno's Avatar
Gray Rhyno Gray Rhyno is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 9,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxcolt13 View Post
Thanks , I wont give up.
Yesterday I met a guy who is getting 100% percent and he is a DOD security contractor. I dont understand he can been in such bad health to get 100% yet be healthy enough to be a contractor. he seemed to bein top condition. somethings not right!
While FKL explained it much better than I ever could, the DAV representative told me not to consider it disability as such, but as compensation for the damage done to your body while on active duty. I'm at 40% (10% each for feet, back, neck, and right knee) and spent 90 minutes in the gym this morning.

Probably a really simple way to view it.
__________________
"The most HSLD stuff ever taught was the basics. So-called 'advanced training' is often no more than the very fluid and expert application of those basic skills." - SOTB
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:01.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
SOCNET 1996-2018