SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 15 October 2017, 08:58
Confirmed User

I had a AT-84, made in Switzerland by ITM, that appeared to be an exact clone of a pre-B CZ-75. It was pretty accurate, but I had feeding problems with it.

The hell of it was, I paid about $450 new for it in 1988 and the gun shop I bought it in had a used real CZ-75 for sale for $350 at the time, which I have always wished I had bought instead.

I really like the cocked and lock or hammer down carry option.
Old 27 April 2018, 19:57
Bitter old man.

I was out for my morning walk and found a used SP-01 by the side of the road. Can't wait to run it tomorrow.
Old 29 April 2018, 06:12

^^
Yesterday was a beaut, hope you had time to put your stray through some paces.
The SP-01 has become one of my favorites.

DaveP
Old 29 April 2018, 20:32
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
^^
Yesterday was a beaut, hope you had time to put your stray through some paces.
The SP-01 has become one of my favorites.

DaveP
Had something come up but got the poor thing cleaned up.
Good source for mags and recoil springs?
Old 30 April 2018, 06:21

I've used Wilson Combat for 75/PCR mags, and Sportsman's Guide for (.40) SP-01 mags, all have been Mec-Gar and w/o issue. Couldn't find springs listed either place, but might consider calling WC anyway?

DaveP
Old 30 April 2018, 20:15
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Had something come up but got the poor thing cleaned up.
Good source for mags and recoil springs?
Cajun or CZ Custom for springs

Greg Cote for mags

the Mec Gars are the way to go
Old 1 May 2018, 09:27
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horned Toad View Post

Greg Cote for mags

Thank you.
Old 1 May 2018, 12:05
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horned Toad View Post

Greg Cote for mags

I have bought mags from him and while it seems like his business is run out of his kitchen, he does provide pretty good CS.
Old 4 May 2018, 12:09
Bitter old man.

Great shooting gun can't beat the price point as Bob stated. Hopefully I'll find a SAO model swimming this summer.
Old 8 May 2018, 06:30
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
I have bought mags from him and while it seems like his business is run out of his kitchen, he does provide pretty good CS.
Fast shipping, ordered Sat got mags Monday.
I'd buy from him again.
Old 25 September 2018, 09:25
Bitter old man.

I picked up a P10C yesterday. I believe CZ improved the trigger felt different than the one I tried out last year. $440 out the door brand new. I liked the grip texture and angle. Found the white 3 dots very quick to aquire. Slide serrations are very easy to grab.

I found it odd that Caniks were going for more money?
Old 29 September 2018, 11:15
Bitter old man.

Put a quick 200 through the P10C this morning.
Very accurate, trigger smoothed out very quickly. I found it easy to control during rapid fire. Mags dropped free and are well made. The slide release was very tight so I used it for reloads during the whole session. It loosened right up as did the mag release. 100% reliable with WWB and Magtech ammo.

Great gun for the price so far. Will post more as I put rounds through it been under the weather lately.
Old 6 October 2018, 07:07

GPC, I'd be interested in your thoughts on a side-by-side of the P10c and 19x.
Plus/minus a couple rounds cap, seems like this comes down to ergos, overall balance, carry comfort; they look quite similar in specs.

Hope you're over the grunge you had and enjoying this weekend's fall feel.
DaveP
Old 6 October 2018, 11:07
Bitter old man.

Quote:
GPC, I'd be interested in your thoughts on a side-by-side of the P10c and 19x.
Plus/minus a couple rounds cap, seems like this comes down to ergos, overall balance, carry comfort; they look quite similar in specs.

Hope you're over the grunge you had and enjoying this weekend's fall feel.
DaveP
I sill don't have enough trigger time yet. But I will post some initial thoughts. Hope to put more rounds downrange tomorrow.
These are my opinions other members might feel different.

1) Price: P10C wins over the 19X. I recommend shopping around though. I picked mine up at Coyote Creek in Rochester for $440. I was surprised, they are not known for bargins. $499 MSRP, I see a lot of shops in my area gouging folks. If you are on a budget P10C seems to be way to go. 19X was on average $650 and up depending on shop etc. My test gun did not come with night sights not a deal breaker for me.

2) Ergonomics, for me the grip angle was better on the P10C the 19X was better due to the longer grip. Comparing the P10C to a regular G19 I liked the P10C grip better. So it is really what you prefer. I found both guns to have excellent grip texture.
IMO the VP9 is the most ergonomic production gun out there right now. Honestly, I would have no issue using either weapon.

3) Quality: Both are excellent out of the box. Really nothing to gripe about. The serrations on the P10C are very aggressive one shouldn't have issues with the slide. I found the finish on the 19X to be "sticky" no issues working the slide. Mags for both weapons are of high quality and dropped free.

4) Accuracy: The CZ has a cold hammer forged barrel with conventional rifling. Size wise the CZ barrel is beefier compared to the 19X. The 19x has a recessed crown the CZ doesn't. Chamber support was good in both barrels.
Both weapons hit the steel if I did my part. Maybe a Ransom rest could show which one is more accurate? IMHO both are very accurate at combat ranges if the shooter does their job.

5) Trigger out of the box: The 19X wins, I use a lot of finger on the trigger. With the CZ during the initial dry fire if my pad didn't hit the trigger safety just right it would "Bind" causing me to pull the shot this only happened on the first shot. I just practiced with dummy rounds and then went and shot it. As I shot the trigger got better as most striker fired guns do. I feel with more rounds the "Binding" will go away. I have had this issue with a friends P10 when he first got it also. That was my own experience YMMV. Both the 19X and P10C had excellent resets.
I still feel the VP9 has the best out of box trigger of current production striker fired guns.

6) Holster compatibility: The mainstream gun media raves how the P10C will fit into G19 holsters. If you use Litepath's holsters it will not fit. I have to dig out a few more to try out. The 19X fit all other G19 holsters. See the thread I started.

7) Supposed issues: Other writers and Youtubers had some gripes about the P10C. I'll address the two main ones.
Slide release being hard to release. I normally powerstroke on reloads. The slide release is low profile and very tight out of the box. I just used it for all my reloads for my first outing. Amazingly, it loosened right up after a few mags. That is a non-issue if you are considering purchasing one.
Mag release being hard to press. With a little use it works just fine more internet and youtube bullshit. Compared to the 19X yes those two areas needed to be "broke in". People need to get out and train. Amazing how quick "Issues" go away with some trigger time. CZ custom does offer an extended slide release.

8) Aftermarket: As we know aftermarket support for Glocks is top notch. I am friends with some hard core CZ fanatics. A few of them have had RMRs and slide cuts done to their P10Cs and there are threaded gold barrels available.
So plenty of options to customize.

9) Reliability: Both have been 100%.

Would I recommend buying one? I don't have enough trigger time to form a solid recommendation yet. For the price you are getting a weapon from a manufacturer with a solid reputation which is a plus. I am not using mine as a carry gun at this time as I believe in at least 500 rounds before carrying. Still waiting on a holster from you know who. Being roughly the same size as a G19 concealment shouldn't be a problem. I'll post more as I shoot it. Hope this helps folks out.

Note: Don't see any used ones at the shops I go to so that tells me something. See a lot of P320s though.

Last edited by GPC; 6 October 2018 at 11:27.
Old 6 October 2018, 12:10

sigh, rookie...

No, no, no. I meant a few lines, a teaser for the mag article you're submitting, which we then buy, they pay you and set up a few more deals and allow you to buy new wheels for the board, etc, etc.

THAT's what I meant.

(Awesome; strong work. Wondered about the grips absent the Glock's finger grooves, and figure the depth of the 'beavertail' recess will be personal preference. Good to know about the triggers, sounds like both are above average.
Thanks much, now go shoot something! )

DaveP
Old 6 October 2018, 12:11
Authorized Personnel

Anyone on here a certified CZ armorer (handguns)?

Thanks

Sltwtr1

OUT

Jack Bauer
Old 7 October 2018, 07:18
Make a desert and call it peace.

Any hands-on experience with the Scorpion Evo 3 S2 micro? S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 8 October 2018, 09:21
Bitter old man.

Quote:
No, no, no. I meant a few lines, a teaser for the mag article you're submitting, which we then buy, they pay you and set up a few more deals and allow you to buy new wheels for the board, etc, etc.

THAT's what I meant.

(Awesome; strong work. Wondered about the grips absent the Glock's finger grooves, and figure the depth of the 'beavertail' recess will be personal preference. Good to know about the triggers, sounds like both are above average.
Thanks much, now go shoot something! )

DaveP
LMAO! Forgot one thing, not chambered in .45 GAP.
Old 8 October 2018, 22:30
Shovel Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post

6) Holster compatibility: The mainstream gun media raves how the P10C will fit into G19 holsters. If you use Litepath's holsters it will not fit. I have to dig out a few more to try out. The 19X fit all other G19 holsters. See the thread I started.
Put together a small video today to show why CZ P10-C won't fit into a basic G-19 molded holster. I didn't know if it would or would not prior to build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bnQGpfbDSs

Skip to about 2 minutes in for fit test.

I think a person could purposely mold a G-19 holster to fit the P10C, but not sure how it would in turn fit the G-19 itself.
Old 9 October 2018, 09:03
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
Put together a small video today to show why CZ P10-C won't fit into a basic G-19 molded holster. I didn't know if it would or would not prior to build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bnQGpfbDSs

Skip to about 2 minutes in for fit test.

I think a person could purposely mold a G-19 holster to fit the P10C, but not sure how it would in turn fit the G-19 itself.
Good video, I didn't bother to try to force it.

Our new posting rules