SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 16 October 2017, 10:28
Problem Solver

Thumbs up

Great flick, very well done...

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 16 October 2017, 17:07
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

I'm looking forward to seeing it, but we probably won't be seeing any more Blade Runner variants. The movie has bombed at the theaters, and may be lucky to break even after they take into account the global box office.

I heard that the marketing for the movie amounted to almost 2/3 of the actual budget to make it, $100 million. That's a pretty poor return on investment, but at least a Blade Runner sequel got made. Always wondered what happened to Deckard.
Old 16 October 2017, 23:19
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Great flick, very well done...
I was fighting sleep off, but it was slowly paced for artistic effect only, and the music WAS FUCKING LOUD, WOOOWAAA SONOROUS BOOMING SOUNDS IN EVERY SCENE LIKE SICARIO.

It works in Sicario, adds to the feeling of angst and dread, but not so much here.
Old 6 June 2018, 22:12
Confirmed User

I thought this was a 90 minute movie that dragged out for 2:45. I had a hard time getting into it and even turned it off before coming back to it later. I thought the plot was incredibly simple, there was very little dialog and the Wallace character was completely under utilized. Even though I watched it at home, the music was way too loud. Iíd have to turn it down and then back up when they finally said something. I didnít hate it, but the only reason I stuck with it was because there wasnít anything else on.

Our new posting rules