SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 30 March 2018, 08:44
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
You must dream better than me, all the guns in my dreams malfunction constantly.

My reoccurring dream is, I can never find the right ammo for the weapon system I have. Ammo everywhere but none of it fits the weapon I have. Different settings, same theme and always outnumbered.
Old 30 March 2018, 08:48
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN47 View Post
Never heard of them, and just looked them up-- some really good deals on some non-firearms related items. Cheaper than TSC in a lot of areas...
At the risk of continuing a thread hijack, I've found Rural King to have a better selection of things you need on the farm/ranch and better prices than TSC or Murdochs.
Old 30 March 2018, 09:45
Been There Done That

Rural King is a decent store. They let dogs in the store, so where I go on a really cold or rainy day to take the dog for a walk. Plus it truly is a General store - so always something I need to purchase there . Bird seed, yard stuff, kitchen supplies , cleaning supllies, dog food, ammo, spiced canned peaches, carharts, toys, hardware, rabbits, baby chickens and a pretty good gun selection. Ordering guns online is easy, as only a $10 shipping fee to the store, and then no transfer fee. And at the store you get free popcorn and coffee.

Some call Rural King "The Redneck's Walmart". It is definitely Country spelled with a K. Sometimes you even run into a few good looking country girls or horse girls in their dirty girl
Camo who want to pet my Boxer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 30 March 2018, 14:16
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
...Sometimes you even run into a few good looking country girls or horse girls in their dirty girl Camo who want to pet my Boxer.
Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Old 31 March 2018, 18:56
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Anyone buy the G19X?
I bought one today, put a few hundred rounds through it. The trigger is crisp and clean, it ran, well like a Glock and accuracy was spot on. Ambi slide release, large mag release and the same bevelled muzzle end of the slide like a G 36. AND Glock night sights. Out the door TTL $600.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180331_173446.jpg (48.6 KB, 187 views)
Old 31 March 2018, 20:35
Unemployed Stunt Double

Iím going to get a 19X as soon as my LGS has MIL/LE models in stock. Iím also plotting on getting a Gen 5 G34.
Old 31 March 2018, 22:13
The Sagacious One

I would get Gen 5 34 in the MOS model.
Old 31 March 2018, 22:26
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
I would get Gen 5 34 in the MOS model.
I don't think it's available in any other format than MOS right now, so I'll end up getting that.

As I've posted in other threads, I'm still not completely sold on frame-mounted red dots. After quite a bit of range time with my G17 MOS with RMR, I've realized that I would have to go all-in on pistol RDS, and modify my presentation and learn/develop some new muscle memory.

To me, the ultimate question is "if I knew I was going to be in a fight armed with a pistol, would I want it to have a RDS?" That is a solid "no" at this point.
Old 1 April 2018, 07:48
Deplorable

Quote:
I bought one today, put a few hundred rounds through it. The trigger is crisp and clean, it ran, well like a Glock and accuracy was spot on. Ambi slide release, large mag release and the same bevelled muzzle end of the slide like a G 36. AND Glock night sights. Out the door TTL $600.
Is the frame and the slide beveled together at the muzzle end?

Or is it unfinished and unmatched like the Gen-5's?
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Jeff Cooper
Old 1 April 2018, 10:25
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatbedder View Post

They did it right on the 19X.
Old 1 April 2018, 11:11
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatbedder View Post

The bevel and finish are well done. Anything I have ever bitched about a Glock (besides someone burrying it...) does not exist on this pistol. I am typically not a 9mm guy, but this thing just called out to me..... Now, to keep it out of the reach of the likes of rhymes with kavin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180401_100651.jpg (17.4 KB, 126 views)
Old 1 April 2018, 11:14
Been There Done That

Glock got this one right.

Old 1 April 2018, 11:17
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
I don't think it's available in any other format than MOS right now, so I'll end up getting that.

As I've posted in other threads, I'm still not completely sold on frame-mounted red dots. After quite a bit of range time with my G17 MOS with RMR, I've realized that I would have to go all-in on pistol RDS, and modify my presentation and learn/develop some new muscle memory.

To me, the ultimate question is "if I knew I was going to be in a fight armed with a pistol, would I want it to have a RDS?" That is a solid "no" at this point.
My Gen 3 G 38 (Waiting patiently for the Gen 5's to surface) with a red dot after about 500 rds. I am still training to this concept. I changed the magwell, which by the way if you buy a Magpul magwell, you well may have to do some filing to get all of your mags to seat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180115_211918.jpg (49.0 KB, 127 views)
Old 1 April 2018, 11:20
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Glock got this one right.
I hear there is some drama with magazines, in that the Gen 5 mags will not work in it. I have some Magpul mags I want to test in it. Rumor has it that they work.

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 1 April 2018 at 11:39.
Old 1 April 2018, 12:21
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
I hear there is some drama with magazines, in that the Gen 5 mags will not work in it. I have some Magpul mags I want to test in it. Rumor has it that they work.
Just the Gen5 baseplates, if you switch them out with different baseplates, should be good (or so I've read, haven't bought either yet). On second thought, you shouldn't have to worry about such things like mag compatibility, problems that you never encounter with some of the more, say, interesting...chamberings...like .41 AE and 400 Cor-Bon.

BTW, I like the textured baseplate on your Glock (whatever model) in the pic, helps keep that extra finger on your right hand from losing grip. Since your hands are tired from all of the weapons lights you've torqued to destruction this week!
Old 1 April 2018, 12:36
Deplorable

Quote:
The bevel and finish are well done. Anything I have ever bitched about a Glock (besides someone burrying it...) does not exist on this pistol. I am typically not a 9mm guy, but this thing just called out to me..... Now, to keep it out of the reach of the likes of rhymes with kavin.
Don't forget they made it in Flat Dark Earth.

Everything feels better, fits better and works better in Flat Dark Earth.

We had Desert Tan in the 90's after the first Oil War... but it still wasn't FDE.

We can thank the 2nd Oil War for FDE. Hell Yeah.

Jeff Cooper
Old 1 April 2018, 12:52
Been There Done That

Actually it is Coyote not FDE.

Old 1 April 2018, 13:00
Deplorable

Quote:
FG, I've been wringing out a dozen of the G17 PMags for the past few months in my Gen3 factory-spec G17. Considering I spend 5-6 days a week on live-fire ranges at work, I'm shooting and training almost daily with the G17 or 19, along with the other scheduled weapon system of the day. I can attest all good-to-go so far. (However - Can't say that about all the M4 PMags)

I haven't ran them in a Gen4 or 5 yet.

Jeff Cooper
Old 1 April 2018, 19:35
Bitter old man.

Quote:
You bought a 9mm!!!

This is the big one! I'm coming Elizabeth!
Old 1 April 2018, 21:42
Been There Done That

^if you take a 9mm and squish it down a bit, it fattens up to a .45 GAP. So essentially the same thing. Just in a leaner more combat fit package.

Our new posting rules