SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Closed Thread

Old 31 May 2018, 13:55
Sub Rosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDuff View Post
For your second paragraph, you might look into an Episcopal Church, particularly for the meditative part. They're generally pretty open minded and place an emphasis on showing love.
I was baptized, confirmed, and served as an altar boy as an Episcopalian ("Catholic lite"). I no longer go to Episcopal services for the same reason that you articulated, open mindedness. I'm all for open mindedness and love, but at a certain point, at least as it relates to religion and spirituality, the open mindedness leads to serious contradictions of faith and principal. That's where the Episcopal church is now and has led to major divisions within.

Thus, I wouldn't necessarily recommend them to LP or he'll walk into an Episcopal marriage service of a Buddhist threesome being performed by a transgender Islamic Episcopal priest...
Old 31 May 2018, 13:57
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDuff View Post
I want to second the first paragraph. Both you and LP are dead on.

For your second paragraph, you might look into an Episcopal Church, particularly for the meditative part. They're generally pretty open minded and place an emphasis on showing love.
We actually went to one, their songs and their structure is too rigid for my protestant upbringing, and my wife didn't like the forced greeting handshaking stuff. Their hymns were pretty foreign to my ears.

She just wants to sit in the back of a black church mainly. I kinda feel the same.

I like the old First Baptist Churches from the 70s and 80s, before they started blowing the Republican Party and knee jerk reacting against any sort of "change" And before they started letting men wear jeans and shorts into the House of the Lord.
Old 31 May 2018, 14:09
Shakin' the bush Boss

I think this one has about run it's course.
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules