SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 1 April 2018, 12:00
Been There Done That

Ted Nugent & Alex Jones?

Sigh..... yeah maybe a few good points. But just please STFU!

A lot of BS and false statements in this one.

I am of course very pro -2A . But Not a fan of either of these ass clowns.

"It just fires a .22 caliber bullet making a small hole".
"My goose gun with bird shot can kill 30 people with just one shot."
"You can buy shotgun rounds at any hardware store around the world ".

Some points on hunting and pro-gun states are factual and right, but his delivery method leaves much to be desired IMO. And all the hordes of wannabes worshipping him as Uncle Ted? Please. Now maybe he had one or two good hot songs, but that is about it. Creepy guy as well in his past.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GP94gIX1QLs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 1 April 2018, 13:01
Been There Done That

Im always amazed at how I hear people talk about how they dont care what celebrities and school kids think about gun rights, but then the same people will praise people like Ted Nugent and whatever the pro gun kid from Parklands name is. I really think Ted is just trying to find a way to stay relevant.
Old 1 April 2018, 13:56
Policeman Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
Im always amazed at how I hear people talk about how they dont care what celebrities and school kids think about gun rights, but then the same people will praise people like Ted Nugent and whatever the pro gun kid from Parklands name is. I really think Ted is just trying to find a way to stay relevant.
Very good point. Ted Nugent is a complete joke and it's embarrassing when "our side" treats him like someone credible.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 1 April 2018, 16:26
Confirmed User

LP - Full agreement here.
Old 1 April 2018, 19:28
Calix Meus Inebrians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
Very good point. Ted Nugent is a complete joke and it's embarrassing when "our side" treats him like someone credible.
Hard to deny when he's on the NRA's Board of Directors.
Old 1 April 2018, 19:31
Administrator

So? The NRA isn't us.
Old 2 April 2018, 00:19
Calix Meus Inebrians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
So? The NRA isn't us.
Never insinuated it was, and I'm not a member, but they surely represent a lot of people willing to kick in money to their coffers even if it may not be the five million they claim as members. It's hard to deny Nugent is a voice in the debate on guns when he sits on the BOD for that big a group.
Old 2 April 2018, 10:33
BTDT

Like 99% of Americans, Ted Nugent knows what HE knows about firearms. Humans are drawn to drama & argument. Might have been a pitch to make a little coin from the news media.
Old 2 April 2018, 11:17
Administrator

The draw to Ted Nugent is that he isn't afraid to say things that most people want to say but dont have the balls.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 3 April 2018, 04:57
BTDT

Uncle Ted

Just popped up on U-Tube...1.1m views? hahaha,..Cat Scratch Fever.

Good shooting.
Old 3 April 2018, 05:20
Another pool cleaner

Sharky is right.

As I see from my vantage point, the NRA is the ONLY visible counterpoint to the lunacy of the gun-grabbing, liberty-restricting masses.

Their desire for security will take them down a rabbit hole of invasiveness and restrictiveness.

I don't see too many other pro-2A organizations being vocal about their stance. Probably too chickenshit.

So, go ahead, vilify the NRA.

For me, it's about Liberty and choice.

I am the NRA.
Old 3 April 2018, 06:36
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
Sharky is right.

As I see from my vantage point, the NRA is the ONLY visible counterpoint to the lunacy of the gun-grabbing, liberty-restricting masses.

Their desire for security will take them down a rabbit hole of invasiveness and restrictiveness.

I don't see too many other pro-2A organizations being vocal about their stance. Probably too chickenshit.

I am the NRA.
Good post. I agree with you. We have no other organizational options. If we don't like what the NRA is doing to protect 2A rights, then we need to change it.
Old 3 April 2018, 07:35
Shakin' the bush Boss

I agree with a lot of Nugent's points, he just irritates me for some reason. His schtick is getting a bit thin.
Old 3 April 2018, 07:40
Administrator

I'm fine criticizing and doubting the NRA based on their performance. The GOP is pretty vocal about things too.... not sure what that is proof of.
Old 3 April 2018, 09:21
Make a desert and call it peace.

The NRA is like any other organization made of people. You need to ride herd on them, keep them on task and make sure they don't get comfortable with the enemy there in DC. Subversion(what happened to the GOP) and bureaucratic managerialism(what happened to the NRA, 2x now) are the largest threats to American freedom.

Read up on Neal Knox, a "hardliner"(as if that's a bad thing) who got control of the NRA in the late 70's and eventually got the McClure-Vollmer passed in 1986. The NRA managerialists got him tossed in favor of Charlton Heston, which lead back to business as usual, don't rock the boat too much/protect the ricebowl bullshit.

The incessant problem is the fact that solving the guncontrol problem(say by deporting every gungrabber to shitlibistan) would put all these dudes out of work. Therefore they're never going to be as aggressive as we'd like. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 3 April 2018, 09:30
BTDT

...after that video, I am fucking terrified of 12 gauge shotguns.

30 kills with just one pull of the trigger?
We need to get rid of those things banned as soon as we get a salt rifles off of the street !!!!!
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 3 April 2018, 10:36
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
The draw to Ted Nugent is that he isn't afraid to say things that most people want to say but dont have the balls.
My uncle is friends with Ted and his son Toby. He has nothing but good things to say about them. They support hunters, the 2A, conservation et al. It seams to me that they use their celebrity to do good even by doing little things like calling a disabled veteran to congratulate him on a successful bow hunt.
Old 3 April 2018, 14:10
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
Sharky is right.

I am the NRA.
What is the NRA ACTUALLY doing for us? How many politicians that they have donated to are supporting some form of gun control? We hear from the left about the big bad NRA, and how much power they have, yet we are sitting here worried about gun rights at the federal level, and also in many states. Iím ready for them to start being as influencial as I always hear they are.
Old 3 April 2018, 16:55
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
I'm fine criticizing and doubting the NRA based on their performance.
Me too, but I'm not ready to 86 them yet as they are the only organization that currently has the money & influence to effect what Congress does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
What is the NRA ACTUALLY doing for us? How many politicians that they have donated to are supporting some form of gun control? We hear from the left about the big bad NRA, and how much power they have, yet we are sitting here worried about gun rights at the federal level, and also in many states. I’m ready for them to start being as influencial as I always hear they are.
So what's happened so far to destroy our 2A rights? Lots of smoke & mirrors from the left over the last few years, but no real nationwide crackdowns as far as I can tell. We (Virginia) survived a D governor with our rights intact. Not saying we can kick back and relax, but it seems like we're holding our own right now.
Old 3 April 2018, 17:44
Bitter old man.

As long as Ted keeps libtards in a stranglehold I'm happy.

Our new posting rules