SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 3 April 2018, 17:45
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
Me too, but I'm not ready to 86 them yet as they are the only organization that currently has the money & influence to effect what Congress does.

So what's happened so far to destroy our 2A rights? Lots of smoke & mirrors from the left over the last few years, but no real nationwide crackdowns as far as I can tell. We (Virginia) survived a D governor with our rights intact. Not saying we can kick back and relax, but it seems like we're holding our own right now.
What has happened? Lots of infringements have been passed off as consititutional...Ēfor our safetyĒ. Most recently states denying sales to those ages 18-20, and the red flag laws. We are seeing threats of much more anti gun legislation at the state levels, some at the federal level, and there have been zero pro gun laws passed by this administration.
Old 3 April 2018, 17:46
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
Very good point. Ted Nugent is a complete joke and it's embarrassing when "our side" treats him like someone credible.
Nugent attended my HS, a Lion through and through. lol

He's been an asshat for some time now, Alex Jones just puts a couple of exclamation points next to it.
Old 4 April 2018, 08:09
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
What has happened? Lots of infringements have been passed off as consititutional...Ēfor our safetyĒ. Most recently states denying sales to those ages 18-20, and the red flag laws. We are seeing threats of much more anti gun legislation at the state levels, some at the federal level, and there have been zero pro gun laws passed by this administration.
I feel uneducated then, because I haven't seen any of this. I know private businesses have been denying sales, and I know there has been lots of talk about changing state laws, but it isn't happening in Virginia yet. I don't support raising the age to buy rifles to 21, but I am confused as to why there are so many different ages for a person to be considered an adult; 16 to drive, 18 to vote, 21 to buy a handgun, etc.
Old 4 April 2018, 08:38
Been There Done That

Quote:
I feel uneducated then, because I haven't seen any of this. I know private businesses have been denying sales, and I know there has been lots of talk about changing state laws, but it isn't happening in Virginia yet. I don't support raising the age to buy rifles to 21, but I am confused as to why there are so many different ages for a person to be considered an adult; 16 to drive, 18 to vote, 21 to buy a handgun, etc.
Maybe not in Virginia, but itís happening in a few other states. Florida, and I donít know if itís washington or just Seattle, and Chicago.
Old 4 April 2018, 10:18
BTDT

Quote:
I am confused as to why there are so many different ages for a person to be considered an adult; 16 to drive, 18 to vote, 21 to buy a handgun, etc.
14 to get an abortion without the parents, 6 to decide on their gender, 25 to be a representative, 30 to be a senator, 35 to be president

numbers are all over the map but I'd say there are some 20-30 somethings in government that probably eat as much soap behind closed doors as the high school seniors currently setting our nations firearms policies
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 4 April 2018, 10:20
Been There Done That

Nah......those in Govt. are just into the latest craze - snorting condoms up
their noses.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 4 April 2018, 12:22
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
14 to get an abortion without the parents, 6 to decide on their gender
Exactly. It seems like we should be able, as a society, to decide at which point a person is legally an adult and responsible for all their own decisions. I think the leadership ages are a little different, but I think you make a good point.
Old 6 April 2018, 05:05
Make a desert and call it peace.

Quote:
Exactly. It seems like we should be able, as a society, to decide at which point a person is legally an adult and responsible for all their own decisions. I think the leadership ages are a little different, but I think you make a good point.
Upon honorable completion of their first term of enlistment
S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 6 April 2018, 09:11
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
S/F....Ken M
ala Heinlein?
Old 6 April 2018, 09:29
Make a desert and call it peace.

Yeah, although it's not a novel idea, by any means.

Military readiness/willingness to defend the community has always been basis for citizenship. Frankly, it always will be, once you get down to it. People with nothing at stake have never been given credence in any successful long term enterprise. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 6 April 2018, 11:49
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Nugent attended my HS, a Lion through and through. lol

He's been an asshat for some time now, Alex Jones just puts a couple of exclamation points next to it.
Neither one would last long at Kaiser Permanente is all I'm saying.
Old 6 April 2018, 14:56
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Yeah, although it's not a novel idea, by any means.

Military readiness/willingness to defend the community has always been basis for citizenship. Frankly, it always will be, once you get down to it. People with nothing at stake have never been given credence in any successful long term enterprise. S/F....Ken M
One of the reasons IMO we're having so many problems; people with no skin in the game are allowed to make the rules.
Old 7 April 2018, 16:43
Been There Done That

Three likeable things about Uncle Ted:

1) He's a 10mm guy
2) Stranglehold
3) He never misses with a bow (Well, not enough to have cuts/edits for s bloopers segment)

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 7 April 2018, 19:48
Been There Done That

Don't forget:

1. Dodged the draft under false pretenses
2. "Adopted" a 17 year old girl since she was not legal to marry yet
3. Busted for poaching a few times

"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Old 19 April 2018, 13:39
Bitter old man.

Quote:
S/F....Ken M
I second that.

Our new posting rules