SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 3 April 2018, 17:45
havok88 havok88 is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: US
Posts: 1,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
Me too, but I'm not ready to 86 them yet as they are the only organization that currently has the money & influence to effect what Congress does.

So what's happened so far to destroy our 2A rights? Lots of smoke & mirrors from the left over the last few years, but no real nationwide crackdowns as far as I can tell. We (Virginia) survived a D governor with our rights intact. Not saying we can kick back and relax, but it seems like we're holding our own right now.
What has happened? Lots of infringements have been passed off as consititutional...Ēfor our safetyĒ. Most recently states denying sales to those ages 18-20, and the red flag laws. We are seeing threats of much more anti gun legislation at the state levels, some at the federal level, and there have been zero pro gun laws passed by this administration.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 3 April 2018, 17:46
Spinner's Avatar
Spinner Spinner is offline
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 13,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
Very good point. Ted Nugent is a complete joke and it's embarrassing when "our side" treats him like someone credible.
Nugent attended my HS, a Lion through and through. lol

He's been an asshat for some time now, Alex Jones just puts a couple of exclamation points next to it.
__________________
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who!"
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 4 April 2018, 08:09
Gray Rhyno's Avatar
Gray Rhyno Gray Rhyno is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 9,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
What has happened? Lots of infringements have been passed off as consititutional...Ēfor our safetyĒ. Most recently states denying sales to those ages 18-20, and the red flag laws. We are seeing threats of much more anti gun legislation at the state levels, some at the federal level, and there have been zero pro gun laws passed by this administration.
I feel uneducated then, because I haven't seen any of this. I know private businesses have been denying sales, and I know there has been lots of talk about changing state laws, but it isn't happening in Virginia yet. I don't support raising the age to buy rifles to 21, but I am confused as to why there are so many different ages for a person to be considered an adult; 16 to drive, 18 to vote, 21 to buy a handgun, etc.
__________________
"The most HSLD stuff ever taught was the basics. So-called 'advanced training' is often no more than the very fluid and expert application of those basic skills." - SOTB
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 4 April 2018, 08:38
havok88 havok88 is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: US
Posts: 1,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
I feel uneducated then, because I haven't seen any of this. I know private businesses have been denying sales, and I know there has been lots of talk about changing state laws, but it isn't happening in Virginia yet. I don't support raising the age to buy rifles to 21, but I am confused as to why there are so many different ages for a person to be considered an adult; 16 to drive, 18 to vote, 21 to buy a handgun, etc.
Maybe not in Virginia, but itís happening in a few other states. Florida, and I donít know if itís washington or just Seattle, and Chicago.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 4 April 2018, 10:18
Box's Avatar
Box Box is offline
BTDT
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 3,279
Quote:
I am confused as to why there are so many different ages for a person to be considered an adult; 16 to drive, 18 to vote, 21 to buy a handgun, etc.
14 to get an abortion without the parents, 6 to decide on their gender, 25 to be a representative, 30 to be a senator, 35 to be president

numbers are all over the map but I'd say there are some 20-30 somethings in government that probably eat as much soap behind closed doors as the high school seniors currently setting our nations firearms policies
__________________
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 4 April 2018, 10:20
leopardprey's Avatar
leopardprey leopardprey is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 11,778
Nah......those in Govt. are just into the latest craze - snorting condoms up
their noses.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 4 April 2018, 12:22
Gray Rhyno's Avatar
Gray Rhyno Gray Rhyno is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 9,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
14 to get an abortion without the parents, 6 to decide on their gender
Exactly. It seems like we should be able, as a society, to decide at which point a person is legally an adult and responsible for all their own decisions. I think the leadership ages are a little different, but I think you make a good point.
__________________
"The most HSLD stuff ever taught was the basics. So-called 'advanced training' is often no more than the very fluid and expert application of those basic skills." - SOTB
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 6 April 2018, 05:05
EchoFiveMike's Avatar
EchoFiveMike EchoFiveMike is offline
Make a desert and call it peace.
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: back home, IVO chicago
Posts: 8,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
Exactly. It seems like we should be able, as a society, to decide at which point a person is legally an adult and responsible for all their own decisions. I think the leadership ages are a little different, but I think you make a good point.
Upon honorable completion of their first term of enlistment
S/F....Ken M
__________________
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 6 April 2018, 09:11
Gray Rhyno's Avatar
Gray Rhyno Gray Rhyno is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 9,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
Upon honorable completion of their first term of enlistment
S/F....Ken M
ala Heinlein?
__________________
"The most HSLD stuff ever taught was the basics. So-called 'advanced training' is often no more than the very fluid and expert application of those basic skills." - SOTB
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 6 April 2018, 09:29
EchoFiveMike's Avatar
EchoFiveMike EchoFiveMike is offline
Make a desert and call it peace.
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: back home, IVO chicago
Posts: 8,258
Yeah, although it's not a novel idea, by any means.

Military readiness/willingness to defend the community has always been basis for citizenship. Frankly, it always will be, once you get down to it. People with nothing at stake have never been given credence in any successful long term enterprise. S/F....Ken M
__________________
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 6 April 2018, 11:49
hawkdrver's Avatar
hawkdrver hawkdrver is offline
Red Headed Stepchild
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Nugent attended my HS, a Lion through and through. lol

He's been an asshat for some time now, Alex Jones just puts a couple of exclamation points next to it.
Neither one would last long at Kaiser Permanente is all I'm saying.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 6 April 2018, 14:56
Gray Rhyno's Avatar
Gray Rhyno Gray Rhyno is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 9,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
Yeah, although it's not a novel idea, by any means.

Military readiness/willingness to defend the community has always been basis for citizenship. Frankly, it always will be, once you get down to it. People with nothing at stake have never been given credence in any successful long term enterprise. S/F....Ken M
One of the reasons IMO we're having so many problems; people with no skin in the game are allowed to make the rules.
__________________
"The most HSLD stuff ever taught was the basics. So-called 'advanced training' is often no more than the very fluid and expert application of those basic skills." - SOTB
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 7 April 2018, 16:43
1RiserSlip's Avatar
1RiserSlip 1RiserSlip is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: W. Slope of Big Sewell Mtn.
Posts: 4,615
Three likeable things about Uncle Ted:

1) He's a 10mm guy
2) Stranglehold
3) He never misses with a bow (Well, not enough to have cuts/edits for s bloopers segment)
__________________
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 7 April 2018, 19:48
leopardprey's Avatar
leopardprey leopardprey is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 11,778
Don't forget:

1. Dodged the draft under false pretenses
2. "Adopted" a 17 year old girl since she was not legal to marry yet
3. Busted for poaching a few times
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 19 April 2018, 13:39
GPC's Avatar
GPC GPC is offline
Bitter old man.
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: LOFD
Posts: 6,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
Upon honorable completion of their first term of enlistment
S/F....Ken M
I second that.
__________________
Steel Rain Brings The Pain!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
© SOCNET 1996-2018