SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 30 May 2018, 16:08
Confirmed User

New armorer course at Crane?

Hello gentleman,

I have been asked to attend a "new" course being held at Crane, and I was wondering if anyone has heard of it. I've already attended a pilot program(Armory Managers Course) back in '13 or '14, and I am trying to track down details since my command doesn't seem to have any.

There's nothing on the 'net about it, and I'm wondering if they aren't talking about the NECC course. Any assistance is appreciated, either here or via PM. Thank you in advance for any insight!

“To look around at what you have accomplished in a day gives a man a good feeling. Too many men work on parts of things. Doing a job to completion satisfies me.”- Richard Proenneke

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful."-KJV
Old 30 May 2018, 22:30
33,024 - R.I.P.

I would snatch that course up in a heartbeat. Crane is not known for "advertising" too many classes.
Old 31 May 2018, 04:56
In Vino Veritas

I believe it is an ATRRS course which you can look up open source if it is.
Old 31 May 2018, 07:28
Confirmed User

Thank you. I haven't even thought about ATTRS since I got out. This is a Navy course however, so I'm not sure if they'll have it listed there.

“To look around at what you have accomplished in a day gives a man a good feeling. Too many men work on parts of things. Doing a job to completion satisfies me.”- Richard Proenneke

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful."-KJV

Last edited by Bryan; 31 May 2018 at 07:32. Reason: Added information.
Old 31 May 2018, 08:01
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Thank you. I haven't even thought about ATTRS since I got out. This is a Navy course however, so I'm not sure if they'll have it listed there.
The Crane SOCOM Armors Course is pretty Navy but it used to be in there.
Old 31 May 2018, 12:23
Confirmed User

Much appreciated.

ETA: I did find the SOFNAC course on ATRRS. Would anyone with ties to FT Bragg be willing to stick their neck out to get me a slot for the September class as a Navy DoD civilian?

Last edited by Bryan; 31 May 2018 at 12:29. Reason: Question added.
Old 31 May 2018, 13:47
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Much appreciated.

ETA: I did find the SOFNAC course on ATRRS. Would anyone with ties to FT Bragg be willing to stick their neck out to get me a slot for the September class as a Navy DoD civilian?
Just call Crane and ask. The worst they can say is no, or at least tell you how to go about getting a slot. Pretty sure we had at least one civilian in our course. In fact, I’m certain we did. Or call SPECWAR.
Old 1 June 2018, 12:51
Confirmed User

I found out the specifics. It's a new "Blue Water" Armorers Course. It's meant to teach new/undertaught armorers working in the various Naval districts. It's only 5 days long, and from the flyer:

"This course will focus on preventive and corrective maintenance for Navy handguns (M9), M4 rifles, Shotguns and Machine Guns".

Not high-speed at all Now being an Army 45B/91F that did this job full-time in the MD Guard(actual repair of weapons, not basic armorer duties like a 92Y), I felt it was a waste of resources to send me and let my supervisors know as much.

Thanks for the replies all, I figured I'd pass this info along on here in case other armorers are on here looking for info on the course.

Old 1 June 2018, 13:31
33,024 - R.I.P.

Are they teaching any of the GAU syllabus?
Old 6 June 2018, 07:46
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
Are they teaching any of the GAU syllabus?
Not for this course

Old 6 July 2018, 09:33
Confirmed User

I attended the Armorer's course several year's ago but have no idea what the new one may be. While focused on the NECC weapons, they included a lot from the Joint class so got our hand's on a lot more variety. They sent us home with the CD set for both courses as well so that was worth the price of admission.

Our new posting rules