SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 11 June 2018, 16:36
Been There Done That

Magpul AK mags?

Gen 3 models, with the reinforced lip. Any good? Reliable? Polish circle ten mags?

Just bought new AK ( Childers/JMAC/Romanian custom build) - need to get some good quality mags.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11 June 2018, 17:06
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

In my small AK experience, any East Euro are good IF they were original .mil but lately I got burned with buying some "former Yugo current production" with bolt hold open feature from Apex. They wanted $10 for these new ones but $30 for real surplus Yugo bolt hold open mags. Guess I should have known. Won't even fit in my M92 SBR built up from an original parts set and Bulgarian side folder (I hate those under folders that were OEM on the M92) on a Nodak receiver, all my other AK mags Polish/Hungarian/East German even an Egyptian that came with my MAADI AK work no problem. It's not the first time I've had to return a new production item to APEX.

Suppressor is the Wolverine by Dead Air.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M92SBR 2.jpg (21.5 KB, 202 views)

"In Flanders fields the poppies blow
between the crosses, row on row...."
Old 11 June 2018, 17:26
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Polish circle ten mags?
If I'm not mistaken the circle ten mags are made in Bulgaria. I've got about a dozen for my SLR 106CR. Work great, but avoid the translucent ones. They still work fine but start to develop cracks. The solid black ones don't seem to suffer that issue and are built like tanks.
Old 11 June 2018, 18:56
Bitter old man.

LP, Circle 10s are Bulgarian. I got a bunch in a cache somewhere.
Work well in Norinco AKs.
Old 13 June 2018, 04:38
Overseas Gunplumber

Get the newer generation Magpul AK mags for HD/SD, the first gen are decent enough for range use. Quality steel ComBloc mags have been hard to find for a while.

I have been to some armorer courses.

Owner- Semper Paratus Arms, LLC
Old 14 June 2018, 05:11
Been There Done That

Really liking the new AK. Now besides some additional mags, need to get a good optic for it.

Old 14 June 2018, 06:31
Been There Done That

https://ak-builder.com/index.php?dis...oduct_id=30843

Anyone have experience with these folding stocks by Magpul?

Old 14 June 2018, 07:39
The Sagacious One

I put one on an AK for a friend. Also put on the longer forearm (You have to cut off the sling swivel, though) Pretty good kit. It locks up solid. WAY better than the shitty wooden stock it had on it.
Old 14 June 2018, 19:40
Confirmed User

LP if you send me some shipping info, I'll mail you 2, free of charge. They're just sitting here with nothing to feed. Only been loaded and fired once each, no issues, been sitting in a safe since.
Old 14 June 2018, 21:05
Been There Done That

Wow! That is awesome, thank you so much.

Old 15 June 2018, 08:26
BTDT

I've got a 30 year old PolyTech, bought at the "Ironworks" gun show in Columbus, GA - that has eaten thousands of rounds without a hitch (from Polytech mags and captured mags from Grenada that may or may not have been accidentally taken home when ETS'ing). With a Beeman SS2L scope (yes, that's how old this thing is) it does "man size" out to 300, which is pretty decent. I think it's milled, as it was the 'Legend Series', but may be stamped. Spring loaded firing pin and composite AK74 furniture - oh, and I had a machinist swap own the garbage down-folder for a Galil side-folder. It's a friggen Timex. I saw the Magpul stuff, but don't give them money after the crap they pulled that SB wrote about.
Old 15 June 2018, 12:39
Been There Done That

Well I guess this review answers questions about the magpul stock.

I really do like the reviews these guys do.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4sYGLejfw

Old 15 June 2018, 21:33
BTDT

AK Mags

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ5326 View Post
If I'm not mistaken the circle ten mags are made in Bulgaria. I've got about a dozen for my SLR 106CR. Work great, but avoid the translucent ones. They still work fine but start to develop cracks. The solid black ones don't seem to suffer that issue and are built like tanks.
Truth.

Good shooting
Old 17 June 2018, 18:46
Confirmed User

I built this up from a Saiga sporter. It was a fun project. I bought the parts from Carolina Shooters Supply and they provided good service. I wanted to really learn the in's and out's of the AK and this helped. I have been running some eastern European steel mags purchased from CDNN and they run perfectly.
The Magpul stock is just fine. I don't think it's too weak. I kind of wanted the AR tube with locking side folder mechanism but the combined cost of the components was quite a bit higher.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 17 June 2018, 19:20
Been There Done That

Nice!

Our new posting rules