SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Technology and Communications

Old 28 November 2017, 12:48
Scoundrel

Outlook Shared Mailbox SOP

Does anyone have a SOP, guide or consolidated best practices for incorporating an outlook shared inbox into a small team's workflow? Many google results come back IT teams using it as a way to handle tickets, but I am interested in using it to sync multiple employees who have shared responsibilities on projects as well as the calendar and/or task functions.

Many thanks.

“It's not a good idea to allow an unknown enemy force to attack your compound. Ever, really.” -MixedLoad

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -HST

Secrets don't sleep til they're took to the grave. -BMTH
Old 8 December 2017, 18:57
Confirmed User

One simple trick I have used is to have a category colors assigned to a specific persons and then when an email is read and task undertaken that category(color tag) is applied. This can carry through to tasks and calendar items as well. The downside is anyone can change the category if they want to dodge an issue. This worked great for my 3 person team.
Old 13 February 2018, 22:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
Does anyone have a SOP, guide or consolidated best practices for incorporating an outlook shared inbox into a small team's workflow? Many google results come back IT teams using it as a way to handle tickets, but I am interested in using it to sync multiple employees who have shared responsibilities on projects as well as the calendar and/or task functions.

Many thanks.
Not to go all necro-post but I know a guy who loves color coding the ten different calendars he manages on outlook. Oh, and he also likes peanut M&M's and talking loudly to people on speaker phone.....
Old 13 February 2018, 22:38
Scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman23 View Post
Not to go all necro-post but I know a guy who loves color coding the ten different calendars he manages on outlook. Oh, and he also likes peanut M&M's and talking loudly to people on speaker phone.....
He sounds like the kind of go-getter I could learn a lot from. I am willing to bring a variety of M&Ms, please PM me his contact info.

“It's not a good idea to allow an unknown enemy force to attack your compound. Ever, really.” -MixedLoad

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -HST

Secrets don't sleep til they're took to the grave. -BMTH
Old 13 February 2018, 22:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
He sounds like the kind of go-getter I could learn a lot from. I am willing to bring a variety of M&Ms, please PM me his contact info.
Oh, he is something. Go getter isn't really how I would describe it though...

Our new posting rules