SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 6 November 2018, 09:49
Administrator

Longer sight radius.
Old 6 November 2018, 09:52
Bitter old man.

Ability to shoulder for more stability.
Old 6 November 2018, 10:37
BTDT

Want to give props to SB-Tactical.

Ordered a Brace direct because they had what I wanted, other places didn't. Didn't read the whole site, just ordered. Saw they offered a 30% discount to disability rated Vets. Emailed and said "hey, I f'd up, but is there any way to get a credit back, here's my paperwork" - the guy replied in a day and said no problem - credit came through the following day, Great service. So the SBA3 cost me $119.
Old 6 November 2018, 13:58
Calix Meus Inebrians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
Money saved? Sure...

Additionally, it's nothing to do with keeping up with cool kids or a fad, it's just better, plus you can still get good triggers.
I just don't see the weight savings worth shelling out what KeyMod or M-Lok go for, even on the secondary market if my quad rails are still serving the purpose. I don't spend too much on the gun parts themselves, if it's more than a few hundred a year (usually on xmas deals), I splurged. So, yeah, I'm saving the money for better things. I'm much happier having put Giselle triggers in my two ARs than I would be if I'd had a different handguard.
Old 6 November 2018, 14:56
Been There Done That

Ok so found my first M-Lok issue, if you want to call it that. I dont know what exactly I want to do with it as far as ad-ons which I'm thinking just Iron Sights and Go but I do want something to make sure my hand doesnt go too far forward so I grabbed the Magpul vertical grip to use for now since they are cheap but now I have to back out like eight screws to get the hand guard off. On the plus side as SB mentioned I could just attach rails and do what I want.

One nut in the ground!

Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.
Old 6 November 2018, 15:00
Administrator

Those little rail pieces work great and are very lightweight. You also get more ability to do any attachment distance or style you want with MLOK as compared to standard rails.
Old 6 November 2018, 18:12
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
...so I grabbed the Magpul vertical grip to use for now since they are cheap...
Been reading up on this all day. From what I gather, adding a VFG (90 degrees from bore axis) to something with an Over-All Length under 26" = an 'Any Other Weapon' registration. OAL is the end of the threads on barrel to the end of brace in it's most compact position. With a folding stock mechanism (Law Tactical, Deadfoot, Sylvain Arms, etc...), it is measured folded, to where the very end of the receiver extension ends. Angled or Hand stop attachments seem to be ok.

If going the folding route, make sure Length of Pull stays under 13.5" (Bow in trigger to very end of brace). Buffer Tube may need some modifying to keep it from extending past 13.5".

That's what I was reading all day anyway.

Last edited by Polypro; 6 November 2018 at 18:19.
Old 7 November 2018, 12:52
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Been reading up on this all day. From what I gather, adding a VFG (90 degrees from bore axis) to something with an Over-All Length under 26" = an 'Any Other Weapon' registration. OAL is the end of the threads on barrel to the end of brace in it's most compact position. With a folding stock mechanism (Law Tactical, Deadfoot, Sylvain Arms, etc...), it is measured folded, to where the very end of the receiver extension ends. Angled or Hand stop attachments seem to be ok.
Interesting, glad you posted this thanks. I haven't installed it yet so I'll put it on my regular AR and look at other options; there are other hand stops on the market that are not VFG.

One nut in the ground!

Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.
Old 7 November 2018, 22:14
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post

If going the folding route, make sure Length of Pull stays under 13.5" (Bow in trigger to very end of brace). Buffer Tube may need some modifying to keep it from extending past 13.5".

That's what I was reading all day anyway.
I donít even understand how they come up with laws like this. Other than to make felons out of good people, of course.
Old 8 November 2018, 11:49
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
I donít even understand how they come up with laws like this. Other than to make felons out of good people, of course.
Don't even try - look at how they classify what a pistol is. Everyone except NRA Bullseye and Cowboy shooters, are federal felons (Cops, Mil, Us...)

Our new posting rules