SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 10 May 2015, 16:26
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btq96r View Post
There was a guy selling one with the standard two mags, and whatever else came in box for it on a Tennessee Gun Forum for $575. It was pretty much new as he had only put a box through it then kept it in the safe. The only reason he was selling it, and some other guns was to raise funds for appliances in his new house.

He was local, it wouldn't have had taxes or background check fees...I'm kind of kicking myself for passing on it, but I had just bought a few big items and didn't want to blow the extra cash.
Give in to impulse dude.
Old 12 May 2015, 07:51
Chuck Norris Approved

I lucked out when I got mine. I saw a LE version with 3 mags and night sights for sale at $665. Called up the dealer and he had just sold it. I went into a Field and Stream and they had one for $800. I looked at it in the case, had the guy take it out and then gave it right back to him when I saw the price tag. Told him about the other dealers price so they called him up and price matched it. As others have stated getting magazines is a PITA.
Old 12 May 2015, 23:47
Calix Meus Inebrians

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Give in to impulse dude.
Another one was just listed for $560. Of course I bought a suit today and spent a good bit of the money I could have spent on that...oh well.
Old 13 May 2015, 02:39
Overseas Gunplumber

I have seen good deals on Gunbroker. You just need to be patient for magazine supplies to catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymrat8541 View Post
I lucked out when I got mine. I saw a LE version with 3 mags and night sights for sale at $665. Called up the dealer and he had just sold it. I went into a Field and Stream and they had one for $800. I looked at it in the case, had the guy take it out and then gave it right back to him when I saw the price tag. Told him about the other dealers price so they called him up and price matched it. As others have stated getting magazines is a PITA.

I have been to some armorer courses.

Owner- Semper Paratus Arms, LLC
Old 30 May 2015, 16:44
Bitter old man.

Shot 200 rounds at steel today no malfunctions and no blister on finger.

Last edited by GPC; 30 May 2015 at 17:06.
Old 21 June 2015, 14:06

Buddy picked one up about 6 months ago. It isn't even fun to shoot. Everything on it works too well. The gun is absolutely flawless.
Old 21 June 2015, 14:11
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
HK mags have always been pretty expensive.
This.

It's always been that way. Look for HK 91 or HK 93 mags and see what they go for...also P7 squeezecocker mags....insanely expensive.

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine
Old 21 June 2015, 14:36
The Sagacious One

H&K anything is insanely expensive, but somewhere, someone found about 500 bajillion (More than a bazillion) HK 91 mags. I just bought 10 steel mags, delivered for $59 total. The Aluminum ones are even cheaper, like $3 ea.

P7 mags are CRAZY expensive. I saw one on gonebroker for like $49.95

Ill breach load that bitch for 50 bucks.
Old 13 July 2015, 16:59
Bitter old man.

VP40 has been announced.
HK should have done a .45 first as .40 is useless IMHO.
Old 19 July 2015, 01:34
Been There Done That

+1 Had a HK in .40 cal. Traded it. Quit shooting .40 all together.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 19 July 2015, 09:17
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnrgr1sg View Post
+1 Had a HK in .40 cal. Traded it. Quit shooting .40 all together.
Yeah me too,I was HK would have done a .45 or 10mm.
Gun has been running great no issues.I will say this is a Glock killer.

When Billary gets the nomination I'll be having a Glock sale.
Old 30 July 2015, 16:11
Authorized Personnel

I have a line on a VP9 for sale for $700, w/5 mags included. Not a bad deal. Let me know if you want me to reach out and try and hold it for you.
Old 5 June 2016, 18:31
Bitter old man.

Passed the 1.5k mark and no malfunctions or excessive wear etc.
Been carrying it IWB with one of Litepaths rigs. Trigger is now like butter.
Old 7 June 2016, 02:51
#BlackRiflesMatter

Have had the P30 for a year, and although I like it a lot, I wanted a little faster first shot than the long DA trigger pull of the P30. I tried out both the VP9 and the PPQ, and although the PPQ had a just slightly better trigger...it was very very close. I went ahead with the VP9 because the P30 has been flawless in somewhere around +3K rounds (I mean not a single malfunction with various cheap brass ammo). Also, because the existing P30 & VP9 do share mags. I need a min. of 5ea + mag holders for Steel Challenge (plus a few spares on hand in case of mag issues).

I've found extra mags at local gunshop for around $42. And have found them in stock the couple occasions I looked for them. I figured the VP9 will get even better with a couple hundred rounds. I pick it up Thursday. :-)
Old 7 June 2016, 08:56
Confirmed User

As GPC mentioned in the above post, I have a similar round count through my VP9, with the same results: 0 malfunctions, wear, etc.

I used to have 5 mags, which is now down to 4 due to my dumb-ass move. I recently (last couple of months) took an extended trip to Norfolk/Va Beach area for two months. Departed in a hurry; thought i had dumped all my bags well enough. NOPE. After going through security line at airport for departure, i was pulled out for screening. I thought "no big deal", until they showed me the scanner pic on the screen. Yup, one of my VP9 mags with 9 rounds in it. Of course the launcher was not with it. Well, after some paperwork, I was on my way, sans my mag of course. My dumbass move, leaving in a hurry and not paying close enough attention to detail cost me that mag, but gained me a lessen learned. in the back of my mind, I am happy they caught it; they were doing their job. Somewhere there is a nice new Mag sitting around in a box doing nothing. Hopefully they put it to good use.
Old 7 June 2016, 13:36
Confirmed User

I'm at 900 rounds through mine, and it keeps getting better! No malfunctions, and the mag release is finally like second nature to me.
Old 12 June 2016, 20:23
#BlackRiflesMatter

Finally got a chance to put the first hundred rounds through mine today, and I love that trigger!

Enough that I already traded off the P30.

The VP9 also shot spot-on out of the box for me, where the P30 needed some rear sight adjustment. (could just be the smoother/crisper/shorter trigger).

I hadn't realized the VP9 barrel was 1/4" longer until I held them side-by-side, but thankfully no holster issues. The P30 was slightly more compact overall. I would implicitly trust either, with the edge going to the VP9's trigger.
Old 18 June 2016, 11:55
Calix Meus Inebrians

I got my hands on a VP9 a while back at a great price...well worth the wait. Can't say enough good things about this gun. I thought it was just going to be a range gun, but it managed to make me replace my 11yr old Walther P99 with it as my daily carry gun.

PSA had a great deal on some before they went out of stock, $519 shipped for the gun and 2x mags. I'll pass the link along here if I see it come back up again.
Old 19 June 2016, 15:04
#BlackRiflesMatter

Quote:
Can't say enough good things about this gun. I thought it was just going to be a range gun, but it managed to make me replace my 11yr old Walther P99 with it as my daily carry gun.
I have an old Walther PPX I took in a trade, and it turned out to be my most accurate, sweetest-trigger pistol. Sadly, it was not on the USPSA "approved" list. So, I went the HK route, with the P30 and now the VP9.

In my opinion that PPX was under-rated (many say ugly! LOL!), and I guess that's good, because I plan on picking up another one. I also tried the PPQ (and it was a very close second choice), before choosing the VP9.

The VP9 is more accurate than I am, and I'm working on that.
So far, 200rds of cheap brass ammo, not even a hint of a malfunction. Love that out-of-the-box trigger.
Old 19 June 2016, 15:49
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Can't say enough good things about this gun. .
I had to force myself to shoot a Sig the other day.

Only Handgun with a better factory trigger is the HK P7.

Our new posting rules