SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 2 September 2018, 09:02
Confirmed User

Thumbs up SIG P365

I shot an IDPA match yesterday. One of the guys in my squad shot a SIG P365. This is a very small 9mm with 12 round capacity. Size is around the same as a G42. Nice high grip, good trigger, and sights from the factory.
He's an expert shooter and he did very well with it. No failures and accurate.
After the match, I shot it. Very controllable. I was able to rapid fire a magazine into the head section of an IDPA target very quickly.
I think I'm getting one.
Old 2 September 2018, 09:11
I reckon so. . .

I say with ease that the SIG 365 has been a big seller since introduced. I've sold a bunch of holsters for it, all the time wondering;why this gun? Why so small?
Apparently you found at least one valid answer.
Old 2 September 2018, 09:21
Confirmed User

One of our investigators got to the office early on Friday, and had her's in her purse. She let me fondle it. I like the size and the trigger.

I was considering getting a S&W Shield, so the last time I was in Columbus I played with my father's. It just did not sit right in my hand. The P365 was just the right size, and had a good sight picture. The sights were just right even with me not having my glasses on. Even fully loaded it did not feel heavy.

She has five hundred rounds through hers, and she stated that she has not had a single problem. Prior to getting the P365 she carried the G42 for at least two years. When she told me she bought it a few months back it shocked me because she has always favored Glock pistols.

My tax return has already been allocated to purchasing one, but I am going to see if the local range has one to rent so I confirm my ideals.

Last edited by osubuckeye762; 2 September 2018 at 09:27.
Old 2 September 2018, 11:54
The Sagacious One

We have one at the store and I was eyeing it up hard. Sig got it right with this one I think.
Old 2 September 2018, 12:11
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
Sig got it right with this one I think.
I concur. They started with the magazine, and built the weapon from there. I don't have one (yet), as I don't really have need for a weapon that small (but need has little to do with my purchases).
Old 2 September 2018, 20:43
Confirmed User

The gun has been out for nine months and they’ve had to redesign the gun twice to fix major issues with the gun. Broken strikers and a dead trigger caused by the failure of the trigger return spring are pretty bad. It’s a really nice concept, and by all acccounts it’s a very accurate gun but sigs qc issues the last 5 years gives me pause. Having said that when they get all the bugs worked out I’m buying one.
Old 2 September 2018, 22:29
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
The gun has been out for nine months and theyíve had to redesign the gun twice to fix major issues with the gun. Broken strikers and a dead trigger caused by the failure of the trigger return spring are pretty bad. Itís a really nice concept, and by all acccounts itís a very accurate gun but sigs qc issues the last 5 years gives me pause. Having said that when they get all the bugs worked out Iím buying one.
Hah, Good to know. The one we have is used so I can shoot it before I buy it.
Old 2 September 2018, 22:45
Been There Done That

I really want to like this gun, but between the problems with this gun and the 320, I have lost all faith in the company.
Old 2 September 2018, 23:34
Been There Done That

You guys are doing it again. Unconsciously, I'm sure.

The Nitron Micro-Compact is 3 more than my P938. I like little guns May-Oct.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist

Last edited by 1RiserSlip; 2 September 2018 at 23:37. Reason: Typo
Old 3 September 2018, 09:39
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
I really want to like this gun, but between the problems with this gun and the 320, I have lost all faith in the company.
So have I, was out the other day with a kid. He had a 226 Legion that would not feed or eject. My beater 1990 226 zero issues we were using same ammo and mags. So yeah I'm done with SIG.
Old 3 September 2018, 10:38
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
So have I, was out the other day with a kid. He had a 226 Legion that would not feed or eject. My beater 1990 226 zero issues we were using same ammo and mags. So yeah I'm done with SIG.
I'm pretty much done with new Sig products and the company, but I still prowl Gunbroker looking for West German models. I've only bought one new Sig in the last several years (a SP2022 to use as a suppressor host), and had to send it back for warranty service within a couple of months of the purchase.
Old 3 September 2018, 11:48
Confirmed User

Supposedly if you get a 365 with build date of July or newer all is well. I hate to think Sig is using its customers as an R&D, but it seems that way with some of their products as of late.
I held one at PSA the other day, and for me, med sized hands, I need the pinky extension 12 rounder to feel right, for me.
Old 6 September 2018, 23:34
Moving Target

I saw the Sig 365 on a TV program recently and really liked it . I plan to get one myself.
Old 7 September 2018, 13:56
Been There Done That

I got to mess with one of these while at the range the other day. Did not get to shoot it, but held it and felt the trigger. The gun feels very nice, but I am not confident in the reliability yet. If I knew I could count on it, it would probably replace both of my glocks as my carry gun.
Old 7 September 2018, 14:19
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
I got to mess with one of these while at the range the other day. Did not get to shoot it, but held it and felt the trigger. The gun feels very nice, but I am not confident in the reliability yet. If I knew I could count on it, it would probably replace both of my glocks as my carry gun.
I recommend changing your POV about Sigs. You should not have confidence in a current Sig product unless you have personally confirmed reliability.

Sig's designs are sound, but their QC is poor. The best you can do with a newer (post-Ron Cohen) SIG is to buy it and shoot it a lot. The particular pistol you bought will either function as advertised, or it won't, depending on QC the day it was produced.

As I have written before...if the mission is to destroy consumer confidence in a respected firearms manufacturer on a compressed time line, Ron Cohen is the go-to guy.
Old 7 September 2018, 15:27
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxcolt13 View Post
I saw the Sig 365 on a TV program recently and really liked it . I plan to get one myself.
I was thinking the same. But am obviously gonna have to find someone with one and shoot it.

Gavin is all over the place on the issue. Its good, it's ok, I would buy one. I wouldn't buy one. SIG sucks. It's the best thing SIG has put out.

TFG thinks highly of it.

Maybe I should go with the old & wise one on this.

Me.

Old 7 September 2018, 15:29
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
I was thinking the same. But am obviously gonna have to find someone with one and shoot it.

Gavin is all over the place on the issue. Its good, it's ok, I would buy one. I wouldn't buy one. SIG sucks. It's the best thing SIG has put out.

TFG thinks highly of it.

Maybe I should go with the old & wise one on this.

Me.
Did TFG get you to take his meds for him again?
Old 7 September 2018, 16:28
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
Did TFG get you to take his meds for him again?

No. It's harvest season.

Old 7 September 2018, 20:43
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
I recommend changing your POV about Sigs. You should not have confidence in a current Sig product unless you have personally confirmed reliability.

Sig's designs are sound, but their QC is poor. The best you can do with a newer (post-Ron Cohen) SIG is to buy it and shoot it a lot. The particular pistol you bought will either function as advertised, or it won't, depending on QC the day it was produced.

As I have written before...if the mission is to destroy consumer confidence in a respected firearms manufacturer on a compressed time line, Ron Cohen is the go-to guy.
Thats the problem though. I dont want to buy something wondering if it will work right, and I cant bring myself to carry a gun that makes me wonder if it will fire the next time I pull the trigger, even though the firing pin issue is supposedly fixed. Ill give it some time, and let other people test their long term reliability first.
Old 7 September 2018, 22:09
The Sagacious One

Put 500 rds through it and at last 100 rds of the ammo you carry.

Our new posting rules