SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 1 November 2018, 17:46
Morte et une dame

Cherev Gidon Training Academy.

An associate inquired as to the value of the Cherev Gidon Training Academy in Pennsylvania.
I did not have a good answer but thought I might find some information here.
Of course, I first searched Cherev, Gidon, and Cherev Gidon; all to no avail.
Does anyone know of this academy and its reputation?

In advance, I thank you.
Old 1 November 2018, 19:17
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post

...Of course, I first searched Cherev, Gidon, and Cherev Gidon; all to no avail...
Here ya go:

https://www.cherevgidon.com/

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 1 November 2018, 19:32
Policeman Officer

"Learn to shoot Israeli style!"

Yeah hard pass.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 1 November 2018, 21:28
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
"Learn to shoot Israeli style!"

Yeah hard pass.
And so it begins.
Old 1 November 2018, 21:57
Shakin' the bush Boss

Wow.
Old 1 November 2018, 22:40
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Oh pu-leeze. Where to start.....

Looks like a typical "we're Israeli's, we fight terrorists all the time, therefore we are experts" bid for a piece of the "small-arms-training-in-America" pie.

First of all, Israeli point shooting. Show me a single Israeli who is anyone in IPSC, IDPA, etc.

Second, the empty chamber thing is to keep people who are deficient in weapons handling skills from negligent discharges. The truth behind that is "We have so few people compared to our enemies, we can't afford to lose any to accidental shootings of each other." (They implemented that BECAUSE of all the accidental shootings of each other) You don't have to go much further than the recent video of a store owner carrying his pistol that way who managed to get both himself and his son killed while he was busy wasting time he didn't have to get his pistol ready to go to see why it's a bad idea. Never mind you might not have a second hand available depending, then what?

Admittedly, my experience with Israeli's and small arms is limited to 2 instances. In both cases the individuals involved demonstrated a (to me) surprising degree of unmitigated arrogance as regards small arms handling and safety. "Oh yeah, the Uzi, we carry those all the time". Too bad you can't actually fucking shoot......an entire magazine for less hits than I have fingers on one hand at 10m.

The next case, guy and his buddy show up with a stainless Taurus 92 clone to shoot on our range. "Lock the slide to rear, place it on the bench, don't touch it again until I tell you to". I turn around, 5 seconds later I hear the slide drop, the grossly obese dude with IDF para wings on his forearm is posing for a pic with his buddy next to him, the weapon is held across his body, pointed directly at his buddy's head. Finger on the trigger of course.

But back to that website. Whether that one chick is an instructor or a student, either one is damning. No one taught her to bring the gun up to her eye, not crank her neck towards the deck to get one eye behind the sight line. Same for the pistol, one eye closed.

Running around costumed in Israeli fatigues to make up for lack of actual knowledge or ability.

Of course, now I'm an anti-Semite.

"True love knows the real thing, baby
There's nowhere to hide
It hears every word you never say
And sees through every lie"
Old 1 November 2018, 22:58
Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Wow.
Wow-2.
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Jeff Cooper
Old 1 November 2018, 23:10
Policeman Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison View Post
And so it begins.
Bro I love Jews and Israel and I don't expect you to admit it publicly but the Israeli shooting "technique" is 80s movie garbage. But they don't have to be good... they just have to be better than one of the most comically inept groups on Earth.

There's no way you can look at that page and say it's not a joke with a straight face.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

Old 2 November 2018, 00:38
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
they don't have to be good... they just have to be better than one of the most comically inept groups on Earth.
LMAO.

Also note that none of the reviews are from folks with a non-semitic last name.....so basically they are victimizing their own people with their "schtick".....'cause those are the only folks this appeals to. Pretty shady in that wise. "Milk our American cousins who don't know any better". I wonder if all the instructors even have a visa to work in the country. Wouldn't be the first time......

"True love knows the real thing, baby
There's nowhere to hide
It hears every word you never say
And sees through every lie"
Old 2 November 2018, 00:55
Confirmed User

1. It's run by a former IDF infantryman
2. It's not catering to the pros, rather the everyday Joe who wants to carry a weapon - the video expains a lot
3. The video is somewhat humbler than the website and has a different flavor to the "I'm a high speed Israeli know it all" joker that makes business more difficult for the rest of us :).
4. If you have any solid firearms experience, at any level, this probably isn't for you.
Old 2 November 2018, 08:04
Been There Done That

Just take a Krav Maga class instead ....

(Had to get my digs in since they are my biggest competitor in the area).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 4 November 2018, 10:33
The Sagacious One

I would probably never put a picture of someone closing one eye or crossing a weak hand thumb over a strong hand thumb without a thumb safety, while shooting a pistol, on my website.
Old 4 November 2018, 10:37
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
I would probably never put a picture of someone closing one eye or crossing a weak hand thumb over a strong hand thumb without a thumb safety, while shooting a pistol, on my website.
That's how I shoot, works for me.
Old 4 November 2018, 12:08
Administrator

Quote:
Yeah, but he was smart enough to feature hot Israeli chicks with guns....Daddy enjoyed that....

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine
Old 4 November 2018, 12:15
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
Yeah, but he was smart enough to feature hot Israeli chicks with guns....Daddy enjoyed that....
Lol!!
Old 4 November 2018, 12:36
Been There Done That

Quote:
#metoo.

That said, it doesnít speak strongly to the train as you fight model. I get it. Itís worked well for the milsim airsoft/gunfighter trainers too.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 4 November 2018, 12:42
Policeman Officer

Quote:
I think we're all on the same page there.

Old 4 November 2018, 13:50
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
That's how I shoot, works for me.
You are officially banned from ever owning a 45 GAP pistol.
Old 4 November 2018, 14:05
Confirmed User

OK, now that I watched the video one obvious question.

"It is illegal to have civilian shooting schools in Israel." 10 second mark

Huh?
Old 4 November 2018, 14:27
Been There Done That

Quote:
Those chickies were not shooting with one eye closed, they were winking at me.

Our new posting rules