SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 22 August 2011, 17:37
Confirmed User

Another option is a bow fishing set-up, a pack of bologna, mallet, and a case of PBR. Throw slices of sandwich meat up onto the roof, open beer, drink beer, wait for bandit to show his face and start munching on processed meat. Thread him through center mass with the bow fishing arrow. As you reel him in, set the bow down and grab your mallet to finish the job. Exciting, effective, and satisfying.

Or hire your redneck neighbor to do above and video tape the debacle (I will be available after Colorado's archery elk season).
Old 23 August 2011, 04:05
Make a desert and call it peace.

BB caps use a round ball, CB caps use a conical ball. Both use just the primer or a very small amount of powder to give a MV between 350-700fps. They are very quiet from a rifle. 22 Shorts use 29gn bullets at about 1000fps and are significantly more powerful than CB/BB caps.

22 CB caps hit harder than most 22 cal airguns because the projectile is significantly heavier. I'd be comfortable using CB caps on coons, but I'd shoot them in the head. In an attic, there's zero chance of a neighbor noticing you, unless he's doing some creepy Quagmire shit. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 23 August 2011, 11:13
Authorized Personnel

I shot one in the face with a cb cap. Didn't kill him but I haven't seen him around since then.
Old 23 August 2011, 13:42
Confirmed User

I had the same problem with moles. Walked the yard every evening until I seen the mounds move, fired six shots with my S&W M&P 15/22, done deal. So far have killed 3 at the house, and 1 at my work. Wont say how i got the one at my work b/c you won't believe me.
Old 23 August 2011, 14:58
Easily irritated

Well, I have laughed my ass off at this thread...my one encounter with a racoon was when a rabid and dying one ended up on my carport...the cats were way too interested...a Glaser in 45 ACP put him out of his misery, three trashbags and out with the rest he went.
Old 24 August 2011, 16:58
regular speed jerk, not a high speed jerk

just stumbled on this the other day and these god damn 'coons must be a plague, my neighbor now has them and begged me to come over and start popping them off in her attic... she's just not hot enough for me to start discharging my 22 anywhere near her house and mine.

My badge wont explain that away in a subdivision w/ only 1/4 acre lots.
Old 24 August 2011, 20:44
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by t10Guy View Post
just stumbled on this the other day and these god damn 'coons must be a plague, my neighbor now has them and begged me to come over and start popping them off in her attic... she's just not hot enough for me to start discharging my 22 anywhere near her house and mine.

supressor... You know you need a reason to get one and this is it!

Or a .22 revolver with CB Caps.
Old 24 August 2011, 21:03
Confirmed User

My mother had two large pecan trees which in a good year would produce a thousand pounds of nuts. The squirrels would take every last one of them if you let them. I killed thousands of the little varmints with various air guns, first a Sheridan Silver Streak and then with a Beeman R1 which was deadly on them as far as I could hit them. And it was legal. We don't have pecan trees here but we do have Cuban lizards, ugly Communist invaders who are driving our lovely little green anoles to extinction. I have established a green anole preserve in my yard. Here is how I make it work:

I shoot them at 10 meters offhand with a rifle or 5 meters with a pistol. Pretty good marksmanship practice. That's a Weihrauch HW97 rifle, 4.5mm with Leupold scope. Plenty for squirrels, probably a bit light for coons. I would use a 5 mm or 5.5 mm for coons. Funny thing is, when I miss a lizard and hit the fence a quarter inch from them they just sit there.
Old 24 August 2011, 21:26
Confirmed User

Second the suggestion of CBs, more specifically CB longs. These are very, very effective and not overpowered like a 22 long rifle for coons and such at short range. They are especially valuable in suburban areas.
Old 24 August 2011, 21:39
Administrator

Quote:
At least you have a badge.

I keep a pellet rifle near the back door just in case the cops show up.

"What, this little thing officer? Isn't a BB gun legal?"

They don't have to see what I was carrying/discharging three minutes before they got there....

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine
Old 25 August 2011, 22:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
At least you have a badge.

I keep a pellet rifle near the back door just in case the cops show up.

"What, this little thing officer? Isn't a BB gun legal?"

They don't have to see what I was carrying/discharging three minutes before they got there....

good idea. May I also recommend an empty metal paint can by the door or something. if someone mentions a crack/bang... "Oh when i came running out here I knocked this over. Might have made a pop officer." :-)
Old 26 August 2011, 00:00
Been There Done That

This is the best damn thread I have ever seen! I'm reading it over from the beginning on a daily basis. For the fifth day running I am wiping tears out of my eyes.

Helmet, I hate to wish this on you brother, but may your coons breed like roaches...I'm sorry, terribly selfish I know, but I just don't want to see the end of the saga...like a good book you don't want finish.
Old 26 August 2011, 00:01
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
I have been paying my Mother in Law to raise racoons and have them shipped to your house......
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
Old 26 August 2011, 16:57

The day I see a good after action report with the Helmet driving the coons out ot the attic (with once of those airsoft claymores) and into an ambush to finish them all off at once... I will know we have reached the end of THIS thread.
Old 26 August 2011, 19:26
Been There Done That

Helmet,

Can we get an updated headcount for "Team Raccoon Faggot" (TRF)?
Old 26 August 2011, 19:34
I aim to misbehave

Quote:
The day I see a good after action report with the Helmet driving the coons out ot the attic (with once of those airsoft claymores) and into an ambush to finish them all off at once... I will know we have reached the end of THIS thread.

I think we will have reached the end of the INTERNET by the time anyone is able to successfully manage a raccoon problem...

While true:
Continue
Old 27 August 2011, 00:03
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jicima View Post
Helmet,

Can we get an updated headcount for "Team Raccoon Faggot" (TRF)?
All has been quiet on the Eastern Front since the last one ascended the pipe outside the bedroom.

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine
Old 22 September 2011, 20:39

I'm a fan of shooting them. Don't get me wrong. But have you thought about a trap? The little fuckers love marshmallows. Trap 'em and pop 'em in the dome. The wife will certainly scream less and the neighbors won't have a clue there is a raccoon genocide going down in their midst.
Old 24 September 2011, 09:46
sunshine

DH call me we have 22lr kits for ar's at the shop by CMMG carrier and 3 mags i can ship to you or you come meet, mini me an i for dinner an get it.... B
Old 24 September 2011, 10:15
Morte et une dame

Quite simply, perfect;
http://www.thewirelesscatalog.com/wi...1G_ps_srm.html

Our new posting rules