SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 16 November 2018, 14:18
Holy Diver

As some here may remember, my eldest ran afoul of legal trouble his junior year for putting what he thought was a friend in a friendly "noogie" headlock and making a joke about guns. His parents reported it to the SRO, SRO went to son's Instagram (upon parent's urging) where (unbeknownst to me) he had posted a picture of himself hunting coyotes with his AR. SRO (she) screen captures it and sends to DA and recommends felony assault for the noogie.

Cops are at my house within 60 minutes asking if I have guns in the home. My answer- talk to my lawyer. Goodbye. Never heard from them again. Until misdemeanor assault charges were filed.

BTW- Parents were long time family friends. People will rat people out.
Old 16 November 2018, 14:37
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azatty View Post
Oh no, your line with the First International Bank of Faults and Fuckups still has ample credit available. I simply recognize that it isn’t fair to blame you for lawyers—we crawled out of the primordial goo long before you came on the scene.
Haha! Touché
Old 17 November 2018, 07:32
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC View Post
As some here may remember, my eldest ran afoul of legal trouble his junior year for putting what he thought was a friend in a friendly "noogie" headlock and making a joke about guns. His parents reported it to the SRO, SRO went to son's Instagram (upon parent's urging) where (unbeknownst to me) he had posted a picture of himself hunting coyotes with his AR. SRO (she) screen captures it and sends to DA and recommends felony assault for the noogie.

Cops are at my house within 60 minutes asking if I have guns in the home. My answer- talk to my lawyer. Goodbye. Never heard from them again. Until misdemeanor assault charges were filed.

Should be stickied. Holy balls.
Old 17 November 2018, 08:20
Been There Done That

Angry

Quote:

Damn!

Unbelievable.

An eye opener to what type of society we live in.

If things continue to progress as they are, add in a few more shootings, don't want to even think where we will be in 10-15 years.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 19 November 2018, 12:14
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
I hope you shamed them so much among their peer group that the only time they can go out in public is at 2 am to a convenience store wearing a hoodie, lest people recognize them in public and shame them some more.
Old 19 November 2018, 13:44
Holy Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
I hope you shamed them so much among their peer group that the only time they can go out in public is at 2 am to a convenience store wearing a hoodie, lest people recognize them in public and shame them some more.
I didn't. Dad came to me several months later apologizing and, with tears in his eyes, told me he now understands that he had it backwards and that he is now afraid that his own son is a danger to others. A lot good that did my kid at that point but the dude was a shell of a man and fearful his own son would commit suicide. The people that mattered new the score anyways.

But yes, my baser instincts were screaming at me to burn the whole family to the ground. It's so easy to do now, especially with social media.

Our new posting rules