Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 16 February 2018, 00:27
Awaiting the Terrologist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doitforjonny View Post
Sixgun -

That is kinda my point. As a layperson, my first resource is a dictionary. Right now the modern version is Google, but Google keeps changing shit to meet the current distortion of intent in the move towards Communism.

|-snipped for brevity-|
First mistake, "Google". There are enough credible online dictionaries available without using Google for definitions.

If I cited "google" in one of my assignments, I'd be marked down severely.

The same dictionary you are referencing in hardback is now available online.

I do see where you seem to be coming from with all this, but if I may offer this suggestion. If you can do a course in essay writing, most good courses offer some advice on how to construct your arguments in more constructive ways.

Failing that, your first step is to stop, then think critically about what you are trying to achieve ... or what the real question is. Write it down.

Second step, examine your own bias ... nothing wrong with a bias, we all have them, but you need to divorce yourself from that and be willing to argue from a neutral position and, be prepared for your own research to change your own bias through education. If you can't, or are unwilling to, open your own eyes, then your presented arguments will be biased and flawed.

Third step ... ENJOY learning new shit.

Cheers,

On the 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month, we will remember them.

Lest We Forget.

Last edited by Old_Starlight; 16 February 2018 at 00:28. Reason: grammar ...yeah yeah, Aussies have none :P
Old Yesterday, 03:46
#AllLionsMatter

I had go breathe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37F5V View Post
Guy never posts in the wrong thread. The thread simply hasn't caught up to Guy yet...
Motherfuckers come up with racism when they ain't working hard.

I remember being so tired that I said: "They ain't going shoot because I got their kids..."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6515.jpg (37.2 KB, 63 views)
Education is all about gaining theoretical knowledge in the classroom or any institution. Training is a way to develop specific skills, whereas education is a typical system of learning.
Old Yesterday, 18:24
Confirmed User

well I support affirmative action for people with disabilities (Section 501 for federal employees with disabilities and Section 503 for federal contractors with disabilities of the Rehab Act require one but OFCCP don't enforce it. The ADA banned it. But AA for women, minorities, ethnic groups, gender, sex, etc. No. What for?

How are you gonna have affirmative action without a quota system?

Our new posting rules