SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 13 March 2019, 21:59
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
And you do need to be willing to lose/risk everything if you choose a side.
If it goes as things did in the other two wars you mentioned, not choosing a side could result in both sides taking successive opportunities to pillage, rape and murder you and yours. Civil wars seldom permit the luxury of being an innocent bystander.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 13 March 2019, 23:27
Did...did I do that?

Just caught up on a great thread. Wanted to pass on one other bit from Col. Cooper.

Quote:
“One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that ‘violence begets violence.’ I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure–and in some cases I have–that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.”
Old 13 March 2019, 23:32
killjoy

This thread reminds me of a quote I read long ago, found at the beginning of the book "Black Hawk Down".

By Cormac McCarthy — 'War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.'
Old 14 March 2019, 00:38
BT,WBTWC

Quote:
not choosing a side could result in both sides taking successive opportunities to pillage, rape and murder you and yours. Civil wars seldom permit the luxury of being an innocent bystander.
And so, as I said to my beloved recently after reading from a newspaper article:

"... the Yemen refugee was caught between the government forces and the rebels...".

I apparently made an audible snort of derision, because she said "what was that for?"

And I read the quote.

And she said "so what would you have told him?"

And I said "Grab a rifle, you son of a bitch, and pick a side."
Old 14 March 2019, 07:57
Earthquake Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamppirate View Post
Look for Bernie stickers.
Also, look for Hope, Spanberger, Hillary, etc. The other thing I look for is anything that has one of those stupid co-exist stickers. The myriad of cars around here with rainbow RVA stickers is another one to keep an eye on. They just generally look like scum.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. Mattis
Old 14 March 2019, 08:12
Shakin' the bush Boss

Quote:
stupid co-exist stickers
That's funny, I bought a shit-knocker Subaru a few months ago with one of those that I havn't taken off. It's funny that I ride around with it on and my politics are about 15 degrees to the right of DD0311.
Old 14 March 2019, 11:51
In From The East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
That's funny, I bought a shit-knocker Subaru a few months ago with one of those that I havn't taken off. It's funny that I ride around with it on and my politics are about 15 degrees to the right of DD0311.
If it is one of these, you are good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coexist-firearm-gun-manufacturer-logo-sticker.jpg (24.9 KB, 237 views)
Old 14 March 2019, 16:30
FIDO

Quote:
Don’t let him kid you. He has an Obama and Hillary bumper sticker on there also!
Old 14 March 2019, 17:55

There needs to be a better IFF system for the coming purge. A Subaru is just begging for fratricide incidents.
Old 14 March 2019, 18:12
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
A Subaru is just begging for fratricide incidents.
Hell, the 2019 Crosstrek is going for ~$24,000; pretty easy to see why they're so popular. I could buy two of 'em brand new for less than the 2019 Tahoe my wife wants.
Old 14 March 2019, 18:18
Earthquake Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
Hell, the 2019 Crosstrek is going for ~$24,000; pretty easy to see why they're so popular. I could buy two of 'em brand new for less than the 2019 Tahoe my wife wants.
I would love a Tahoe! But I will say that I had a Subaru back in the early days and I loved the damn thing. But the shit-libs ruined that for me, so oh well.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. Mattis
Old 14 March 2019, 19:06
Time is a flat circle

Quote:
Wife is on her second Subaru and I love the damn thing! She chose the second one of an Audi.

2018 Tahoes have some issues. I’m doubtful the transmission in mine makes 10K. Full disclouse, I drive the shit out of it but it had issues within the first few hundred miles.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 14 March 2019, 19:16
Been There Done That

the original COEXIST stickers are racist. they only acknowledge two genders.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 14 March 2019, 21:11
Shakin' the bush Boss

Quote:
There needs to be a better IFF system for the coming purge.
Somebody has to be able to infiltrate. I have a Che shirt and a pair of birkenstocks to complete the ruse.
Old 15 March 2019, 01:19
Been There Done That

Quote:
Somebody has to be able to infiltrate. I have a Che shirt and a pair of birkenstocks to complete the ruse.
you better work your near recognition signals, cause that sounds like a target.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 15 March 2019, 08:26
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
I kind of like those Crosstreks. See a lot of them in CO. Wonder about roominess inside though
Old 15 March 2019, 09:06
Earthquake Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW Driver View Post
you better work your near recognition signals, cause that sounds like a target.
No shit! I could never be down with wearing Birkenstocks.

Old 15 March 2019, 09:10
Shakin' the bush Boss

It's a ruse, when I roll out of the Lesbo Mobile and go braveheart people will be surprised.

We're kind of off topic though.

Back on the original topic, my mother is one to say "violence never solves anything". I once told her she was correct, if people know you're capable of extreme violence, usually just the threat of violence will do it.
Old 15 March 2019, 10:50
In From The East

Throw them off....rock a Subaru with Trump and NRA stickers, while playing Bocephus as loud as it will go.
Old 15 March 2019, 10:54
In From The East

Violence or perception of violence. That is why a “show of force” with a pair of F-15’s worked so good. The Iraqi’s (insert any ass hat here) knew the next pass might be more than just afterburners.

Our new posting rules