Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Domestic Jobs

Old 20 March 2018, 10:24
Confirmed User

Jacksonville Sheriff Hiring

SB Approved.

I am not the POC and have no affiliation with the department but saw this on wokvdotcom.

Jacksonville, Fl. - Contact a police recruiter at JSORecruiter@jaxsheriff.org or call (904)713-4900.

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said Monday they are hiring certified police officers, and will sponsor recruit training for non-certified officers at the Northeast Florida Criminal Justice Training Center.

Recruits will be paid, JSO said.

QUALIFICATIONS:
--Must possess a High School diploma or GED equivalent
--Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
--Be a citizen of the United States.
--Must possess a valid Florida driver's license.
--Be in good physical condition.
--Must be able to run the mile in under 12 minutes.
--Be of good moral character
--NOT HAVE TATTOOS above the collarbone (e.g., neck, face, or behind the ear) or below the wrist (e.g., hands, fingers).
--NOT HAVE received a dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces
--NOT HAVE been convicted of any felony
--NOT HAVE been convicted of a misdemeanor involving false statement, perjury or domestic violence

Must have completed one of the following:

--Four years of active military service, or
--Four years of full-time law enforcement experience, or
--Four years of service in the military reserves and an Associate's degree or equivalent (60 semester/90 quarter hours), or
--Two years of full-time law enforcement experience and an Associate's degree or equivalent (60 semester/90 quarter hours), or
--Five years of continuous full-time employment and an Associate's degree or equivalent (60 semester/90 quarter hours), or
--Four years currently employed as a full time civilian with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office and an Associate's degree or equivalent (60 semester/90 quarter hours), or
--Four years currently employed as a Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Correctional Officer, Community Service Officer, Certified Bailiff, and Judicial Officer, or
--Two years currently employed as a Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Correctional Officer, Community Service Officer, Certified Bailiff, and Judicial Officer and an Associate's degree or equivalent (60 semester/90 quarter hours), or
--Possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
Old 20 March 2018, 17:20
Rocket Surgeon

JSO is an excellent agency with a lot of great opportunities and people. I would remind prospective applicants that when the economy tanked a few years back, so did property tax revenue (which funds them). JSO avoided pay cuts by doing a significant RIF (well over 100 sworn personnel) on a last-in/first-out seniority basis. I don't want to discourage applicants, but rather advise them to maintain a backup plan.

"Butch up, prom queen"
-Wench
Old 20 March 2018, 19:31
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeraz View Post
JSO is an excellent agency with a lot of great opportunities and people. I would remind prospective applicants that when the economy tanked a few years back, so did property tax revenue (which funds them). JSO avoided pay cuts by doing a significant RIF (well over 100 sworn personnel) on a last-in/first-out seniority basis. I don't want to discourage applicants, but rather advise them to maintain a backup plan.
I lived in Jax(Fleming Island) when that happened. The Community was up in arms and didnít want it to happen. JSO seemed to handle it ok.

America...a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots

Never trust a politician that starts with " I have always supported Americanís 2nd Amendment rights butÖ "

I will not submit to your will. I will not be intimidated.
Old 20 March 2018, 21:13
Confirmed User

I don't have any affiliation with JSO but know some of the officers on a personal level as neighbors. All have been good guys, talked the usual shit about the job, told funny stories and seemed to like what they were doing. Don't know about the pay but the area as a whole is really a decent place to live. If you have any questions about Jax, please feel free to reach out and I'll do my best to answer.
Old 14 June 2018, 17:59
Been There Done That

I worked for the JSO as a Corrections Officer during my break in service. Plenty of overtime andyou got to pick where you worked. they sent me to the NEFCJC at FJC (now FCCJ or some other nonsense).

Definitely a good agency to work for.

Our new posting rules