SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > International Jobs

Old 11 August 2020, 12:21

Surveillance Detection- US Embassy, Halifax Canada

SB approved.

https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/va...7316&orgId=163

I am not the POC, do not work for State, have no knowledge of the process, etc.
Old 12 August 2020, 11:01
Reverse Apache Master

A little piece of info that might be useful to anyone interested in/applying for that position...

Typically, the SD Team, SD Supervisors, and SD Coordinator are local nationals. Might be slightly different in Canada since they're our neighbors, but that's been 100% of my experience dealing with them in Asia, Africa, Middle East, etc.
Old 12 August 2020, 21:27
Authorized Personnel

For $50,000 Canadian a year, seems like they'd hard pressed to get a US citizen to move up there.
Old 14 August 2020, 07:20
Ne Obliviscaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
A little piece of info that might be useful to anyone interested in/applying for that position...

Typically, the SD Team, SD Supervisors, and SD Coordinator are local nationals. Might be slightly different in Canada since they're our neighbors, but that's been 100% of my experience dealing with them in Asia, Africa, Middle East, etc.
This is true. At least here in Europe. However, if one is a dual citizen that could be a different story.
Old 3 October 2020, 17:59
Confirmed User

One of the SD team member at the embassy in Ottawa is American. Married a Canadian girl. good job, except for the long Canadian winter.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
For $50,000 Canadian a year, seems like they'd hard pressed to get a US citizen to move up there.
Old 4 October 2020, 06:19
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post

Correct. One of the primary objectives behind the program was to utilize locals with local knowledge etc.
Old 5 October 2020, 10:32
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockville View Post
One of the SD team member at the embassy in Ottawa is American. Married a Canadian girl. good job, except for the long Canadian winter.....
Having heavily invested myself in beautiful Canadian women, I can tell you that she would have to be the hottest thing to ever originate out of there...if I had to live and work in Halifax.

Our new posting rules