SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 7 March 2019, 10:46
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc P View Post
Nice rack. What brand is that? Is the idea for the rubber sides and wood middle to provide flat area for feet and soft area for bumper plates?
The Black rack (the main one) is one of the Titan-Fitness ones. The Gray one was an indoor, ceiling-height one I had in the house, off of Amazon. Yes, the platform is designed to work as you describe, but not for bumper plates - for steel. You can drop bumpers on regular concrete just fine.
On February 20, 2018, President Trump issued a memorandum instructing the Attorney General “to dedicate all available resources to… propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.”

“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time”

“Take the guns first, go through due process second”

"Or, Mike, take the firearms first, and then go to court"
Old 7 March 2019, 11:27
The Copenhagen Kid

I'm in the planning stages thus far.

PrX foldable rack w/pull bar attachment. (Amazon)

Bench with incline options.

2 Oly Bars with Plates (weight???)

TRX

Swiss ball

Kettle Bells (Weights TBD)

Slam Balls 10, 20,30, 40, 50

Airdyne Bike

A multitude of bands
Old 7 March 2019, 11:58
Fan ar an gcosán

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEARED HOT View Post
PrX foldable rack w/pull bar attachment. (Amazon)
Those look so cool. I like the extra height of the pull up bar to atttach straps, rings, etc. and not have to bend legs.
Old 7 March 2019, 12:09
BTDT

Quote:
I'm in the planning stages thus far.

Airdyne Bike
You must love your HIIT

Nice list.
On February 20, 2018, President Trump issued a memorandum instructing the Attorney General “to dedicate all available resources to… propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.”

“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time”

Old 7 March 2019, 19:32
Confirmed User

My bar and squat rack came in this week. The bar is from Titan; paid about $105 with free shipping and the quality is actually way better than what I thought it would be. Perfectly fine for my needs. I ended up ordering the rack from Fringe Sport via Amazon; $229 shipped and also solid quality for what it is. So far so good...

Quote:

Airdyne Bike
Thought I scored an original old school Schwinn Airdyne (the metallic brown one with the giant box gauge) for free on FB marketplace the other day, but I was too late...
Old 7 March 2019, 19:47
Legal Immigrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan90 View Post
I ended up ordering the rack from Fringe Sport via Amazon; $229 shipped and also solid quality for what it is. So far so good...
It constantly amazes me how cheap things are in the US, but I know that is off-set by average wages.

Still...$229 for a rack?!?!
Old 7 March 2019, 23:24
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear View Post
It constantly amazes me how cheap things are in the US, but I know that is off-set by average wages.

Still...$229 for a rack?!?!
This is the one I have:

https://www.fringesport.com/collecti...er-life-series

For some reason it's $20 cheaper on Amazon, but it still ships direct from Fringe for free. It feels a little lighter-duty than something like a Rogue rack, but it's definitely stable.
Old 8 March 2019, 00:01
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan90 View Post
This is the one I have:

https://www.fringesport.com/collecti...er-life-series

For some reason it's $20 cheaper on Amazon, but it still ships direct from Fringe for free. It feels a little lighter-duty than something like a Rogue rack, but it's definitely stable.
Fringe has some great stuff and great prices (free delivery and return). I have a combination of stuff from them and the usual Craigs List, Play it Again Sports etc. Poly Pro is high on the Titan stuff. It looks great. Saving to get the FID bench from them.
Old 8 March 2019, 06:36
BTDT

It's metal - Titan = No Rogue Tax... IMO

You guys Benching/Squatting in those single upright racks: try to at least find some Safety/Spotter Arms that will fit them like this:

https://www.titan.fitness/spotter-ar...ower-rack.html

You can get phucked up.

Old 16 March 2019, 16:04
Confirmed User

The basic setup so far; waiting for some more plates, rack accessories (bench, landmine, spotter arms, mobility roller), and misc stuff to come in . The nice thing about the rack is although its not "commercial", it uses the standard 5/8" holes so it'll accept attachments from other manufacturers. It's easy enough to store/move everything around to make space in there if I need it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0063.jpg (38.1 KB, 184 views)
Old 18 March 2019, 13:02

Hopefully, we'll begin the process of building a house later this month, or early next month. The floor plan allows for a huge basement, so I will try to convince my better half that we need to set aside some of that space for a home gym.

Some really good ideas in this thread. I've been scanning CL for equipment. It's amazing the equipment people are selling. Most of it looks unused, for a good price.
Old 21 March 2019, 20:52
The Copenhagen Kid

Yeah, Fck Rogue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
No Rogue Tax... .
Old 6 September 2019, 14:06
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
My gym is in the basement so its consistently at about 65 degrees. Ref the stall mats, the good ones weigh about 80 lbs a piece. I lined 8 horse stalls before I found these EX grip tools. Worth the money as they have no way to grip them. Its like dragging an 80 lb piece of flaccid plywood. There are other types, the one I have works like an ice tong.
My work out area is in our lower area of a tri-level house. I love having the availability of when I want to work out, and don't have to travel. I'll flip on the TV to some sports while working out. Or play some music. I'm primarily a Bodylastics band person with some dumbbells too. The bands are easier my joints than weights. You can literally workout any part of your body with bands done properly.

Our new posting rules