Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Medical

Old 6 November 2017, 09:27
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
LOL, riiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhtttttt Because the .gov has ZERO interest in promoting a study? Add to which, of course “higher education” would NEVER promote or change findings to benefit people or corporations that give them grant money. Nope, that would never happen...
Amen. I've gotten pretty good at reading studies these past 4 years... or better, how to spot the conflicts (the ones not declared at the end of the paper of course ) Too long to go into, but just because a/an (group of) MD or PhD do a "study"...doesn't mean jack. Agendas are everywhere. The "Vegan/Vegetarian" agenda is huge. (Note- I have no problem with "ethical Vegans" who just don't want to see stuff killed).

And while I'm definitely not a "Paleo, brah" proponent - evolution and the history of the human species does have merit. I wonder where all this plant based B-12 (actually, pretty sure there isn't any?) came from during the Ice Age? I could go on and on. Here's a crazy idea - Eat.A.Balanced.Diet, LOL. There were varying amounts of fruit, veg, and meat available in differing amounts throughout the year - from near the equator, to near the poles. Eat it all.
Old 6 November 2017, 09:40
BTDT

Food is good - eat it.
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 8 November 2017, 20:05
**** Cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
Will lump a few together in 1 thread as they have similar content and interview some of the same scientists and doctors.

Ordered by my recommendation:

Forks Over Knives
Eating You Alive
Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead
Food Choices

They all recommend a whole-plant based diet. Benefits include:
- reversal of cancer, diabetes, and others
- optimal cholesterol range without medication
- healthier bones; animal protein produces extra acid, which the body neutralizes by extracting calcium from bones
Funny you mentioned financial incentives.

Free speech vs Commercial Speech.

There is a reason a lot of these diets do not advertise outside of documentaries. If they advertise, they have to be much more careful about their claims and a lot more careful about the claims they make towards others.

The documentaries do not have to be all that accurate to be effective as they are protected under free speech. In this vein, they can claim the benefits of diet X and the horrors of Y.

Advertising holds much more scrutiny.

If one of the SOCNET attorneys can add more color to this, I'd appreciate it.
"Away with the whims of governmental administrators, their socialized projects, their centralization, their tariffs, their government schools, their state religions, their free credit, their bank monopolies, their regulations, their restrictions, their equalization by taxation, and their pious moralizations!"

~ Frédéric Bastiat

Our new posting rules