SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 14 October 2019, 07:29
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlwithaGlock View Post
It looks like almost 800 of the "uneliminated ones" managed to escape from Ain Issa. I wonder if any of them hold U.S. and/or E.U. passports.
That's OK - I hear the guy in charge when underwear man lit his junk on fire, is still employed, "trying to roll up an entire network, not just one guy". He "has is eyes on them".

As ROTC Kevin Bacon said in 'Animal House' - "Remain calm, all is well".
On February 20, 2018, President Trump issued a memorandum instructing the Attorney General “to dedicate all available resources to… propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.”

“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time”

“Take the guns first, go through due process second”

"Or, Mike, take the firearms first, and then go to court"
Old 14 October 2019, 07:53
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
Perhaps the 4-D chess of this will allow us to expel Turkey from NATO, which totally needs to happen...
Long overdue.
Old 14 October 2019, 09:48
Confirmed User

Did Trump see this coming, and is about to pull a rope a dope?
Old 14 October 2019, 09:56
BTDT

So...
I'm not super intelligent on global politcs it seems.

France wants to piss an moan about the US 'backing off' - yet, they dontseem all that willing to step up - and this is going onin THEIR back yard. Other folks in the region just want to bluster and posture about us "getting out of the war business"

Yet, France is quick to say that a USwithdraw would cause a French drawown as well.
US pullout bad, France pullout good? Is that the message? So - if the USA doesnt help protect the European Union then the European Union is going to refuse to protect themselves out of spite?

Why?

I det it - Germany and Franccehave pressured Turkey by withdrawing a few arms deals - but why cant they put a few more troops on the ground to protect their own neighborhood? It's becuse they want tp pander to their voters just ike we pander to ours. At what point does the US say enough is enough?

Foriegnpolicy should focus on US interests - not making friends. If we foucs on US interests, it makes people WANT to be our friends. People that let "friends" take advantage of them dont have friends, they have parasites. Enough is enough

...asking for friend
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield

Last edited by Box; 14 October 2019 at 10:02.
Old 14 October 2019, 21:37

And the fake news already begins:

ABC News Broadcasts Fake Syria Bombing Video That's Actually From a Kentucky Military Show in 2017

Quote:
ABC News aired a video on Sunday that host Tom Llamas said depicted a Turkish attack in northern Syria against Kurdish civilians. Turkey is indeed pushing into Syria and slaughtering Kurds along the way, but the video ABC News played last night is from a military gun demonstration in Kentucky that was published to YouTube in 2017.

“This video, right here, appearing to show Turkey’s military bombing Kurd civilians in a Syrian border town,” Llamas said on the October 13 broadcast as the video played.
Old 14 October 2019, 22:36
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
I saw that this morning and it just concreted my thought that these news agencies are the real problem. There is zero explanation other than we tried to push a narative for this. Someone had to scroll through YouTube and say that looks like an impressive fire fight, and someone else had to say yeah that will do. You can see the people filming it with cellphones in the original.
Old Yesterday, 00:02
Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
Long overdue.
I think it is long overdue as well.
Old Yesterday, 09:23
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Foriegnpolicy should focus on US interests - not making friends. If we foucs on US interests, it makes people WANT to be our friends. People that let "friends" take advantage of them dont have friends, they have parasites. Enough is enough

This snippet is spot on. I am using this line in the future.
Old Yesterday, 09:38
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Perhaps the 4-D chess of this will allow us to expel Turkey from NATO, which totally needs to happen...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
Long overdue.
How will we, or the other NATO countries, go about removing the nukes from Turkey? I have a feeling that they will not want to release those assets, and will claim they need them to protect themselves against a nuclear capable Iran. We have yet to do anything really with regards to Iran's nuclear R&D, which makes us somewhat feckless on the worldwide front.
Old Yesterday, 10:22
BTDT

Waaaay back in 1898 "Remember the Maine" was the yellow journalism battle cry that helped lead the USA into the Spanish American War.

No real evidence that Spain sank it as an act of war - one investigation a hundred years after the event suggested it was an explainable coal fire that detonated a powder bunker - but that narrative wouldn't help Joew Pulitzer sell newspapers.
besides, come on dude, that happened like, 120 years ago.
Why bother.

Whats going on today with Syria and the POTUS and telling stories of ethnic cleansing by using staged explosions from inside the United States wont sell an anti-Trump CNN profitable narrative.

...but hey, OrangeManBad
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old Yesterday, 11:09

They even had another fuck up recently when one of their agiprop actors supposedly was holding her dead kid and whining in their durka language about Turks killing her husband and how “she was there to bury her dead child”. Funny thing is that the kid in the video blinks 3 or 4 times. People then obviously put it together that the literally drugged a toddler to make a fucking propaganda piece.

“Muh Kurds”
Old Yesterday, 15:16
Confirmed User

Does anyone have a legit progress report on Turkey in syria? Debka's actually rings most true, I think, but 50% of what they write is crap.
Old Yesterday, 17:10
Been There Done That

Apparently, there is some US show of force. Here's a link from today's POTUS'S press briefing. I like his statement on US troops. Also, santions. Rich guys know how to hurt folks with money.

US military uses 'show of force' to disrupt Turkish-backed fighters in Syria

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6095072014001/

Karl Childers
Old Yesterday, 18:52
Never to old to learn

Just reading this article so I Copied & paste just the first couple of lines. Link attached

Russian mercenary forces have begun sweeping in to fill a security void left by withdrawing U.S. troops in northern Syria, with a video online showing the Moscow-backed mercenaries taking control Tuesday of what was previously an American military outpost.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/mult...4jpg-dd4bdjpg/
Old Yesterday, 20:02
Been There Done That

How is this for a fantasy:

Assad's Russia backed troops put a stop to the Turkish advance. Turkey attacks Assad's forces. Russia commences bombardment of Turkish forces. Erdogan invokes Article V of NATO treaty. "Ha, ha, ha", says Trump, laughing. Turkey leaves NATO, attempting to form its own alliance with regional interests. Russian tanks pour through the caucus mountains. Putin Makes Istanbul Constantinople Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
How will we, or the other NATO countries, go about removing the nukes from Turkey? I have a feeling that they will not want to release those assets, and will claim they need them to protect themselves against a nuclear capable Iran. We have yet to do anything really with regards to Iran's nuclear R&D, which makes us somewhat feckless on the worldwide front.
Apparently all they have to do is load them on C-5's at Incirlik and fly them on out. They are just the gravity bomb types in a bunker there.
Old Yesterday, 20:21
Calix Meus Inebrians

Quote:
Putin Makes Istanbul Constantinople Again.
That's been in fantasy land, we're just in the territory of sorta kinda, not really, but it's fun to think about with what's going on recently.

Saw this a while back in all the post election world is ending...

Our new posting rules