SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Gear, Survival and Fieldcraft

Old 6 July 2018, 23:52
Confirmed User

Question Gun Belt - Dumb Question

So I was going to buy, among other things, a gun belt as a graduation gift for my gf.
Issue is, her being female, I'm a bit lost at what good options would be. She prefers to carry IWB.

Looking online I found great options, but obviously geared more towards men. And the belts advertised for women all seem to have nothing to do with "gun belt" (neoprene belts worn around the waist etc).

If anyone has experience with good belt options for women and could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 7 July 2018, 03:22
Chuck Norris Approved

I run either a Cross Breed leather Crossover belt or the Ares Aegis belt. I have both and they both do an excellent job holding the weight of a full size gun AIWB carry. The crossover belt is leather for more grown up occasions and the Ares is a rigors style belt for every day use.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/belts/gun-belts.html

http://www.aresgear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=99_107
Old 7 July 2018, 09:50
Bitter old man.

GPM kit you can PM Grendel.
Old 7 July 2018, 10:02
Administrator

Or we can actually respond to the question in this thread. Thanks
Old 7 July 2018, 11:24
Bitter old man.

The GPM kit outdoor application belt is what I use. There is no buckle and has a really good range of adjustment. I carry IWB AT THE 2-3 O'clock position on my right. I use a Crossbreed Supertuck or one of Litpath's rigs. And have had no issues.

The outdoor app belt is flexible and comfortable for me. Color choices are more of the Earthy or camo type. I wear mine pretty much everyday.

Some feedback in this thread.

http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=132365
Old 7 July 2018, 11:46
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le3 View Post
So I was going to buy, among other things, a gun belt as a graduation gift for my gf.
Issue is, her being female, I'm a bit lost at what good options would be. She prefers to carry IWB.

Looking online I found great options, but obviously geared more towards men. And the belts advertised for women all seem to have nothing to do with "gun belt" (neoprene belts worn around the waist etc).

If anyone has experience with good belt options for women and could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Your girlfriend will no doubt become with holsters as she is with shoes. You have to dress to the concealed carry life style. This means, well, let's say, more than one holster, which may mean more than one belt. Many young women these days wear these tights that make a holster hard to carry. This requires a different holster (and different belt). If she is committed to the jeans and leather belt lifestyle, a stiff leather belt of at least 1" should suffice.

Start by looking at how she dresses and then decide the style of belt that suits her. That will make the quest a bit easier.
Old 7 July 2018, 12:21
Navigating

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
Your girlfriend will no doubt become with holsters as she is with shoes. You have to dress to the concealed carry life style. This means, well, let's say, more than one holster, which may mean more than one belt. Many young women these days wear these tights that make a holster hard to carry. This requires a different holster (and different belt). If she is committed to the jeans and leather belt lifestyle, a stiff leather belt of at least 1" should suffice.

Start by looking at how she dresses and then decide the style of belt that suits her. That will make the quest a bit easier.

Itís like youíve done this a time or two..

- Excerpt from Gates of Fire, Michael Yon
Old 7 July 2018, 13:06
Confirmed User

Le3:

I will ask one of our investigators when I get off Wednesday morning. According to the schedule she should be on duty that morning.

When I left work on the morning of the 4th she mentioned she was going out of town to visit family/friends and do some shooting.

She retired out of NYPD and worked a lot of plain clothes assignments, so I will get her input.

I know she CCW's a Glock 42 and also on occasion a 19. She dresses for the occasion, and can be found hiking and/or on the range one day and the next at a gala opening or the opera.
Old 7 July 2018, 15:00
Been There Done That

And if she is a yoga pants/casual shorts girl, Crossbreed’s Bellyband works really well for me in running/beltless shorts. It makes for an easy hot weather, casual, shirt untucked without a cover layer carry solution, and as stable as any other open, friction retention holster.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 7 July 2018, 16:08
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW Driver View Post
And if she is a yoga pants/casual shorts girl, Crossbreedís Bellyband works really well for me in running/beltless shorts. It makes for an easy hot weather, casual, shirt untucked without a cover layer carry solution, and as stable as any other open, friction retention holster.
Just imagining you in your yoga pants with that Crossbreed....
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 7 July 2018, 16:17
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW Driver View Post
And if she is a yoga pants/casual shorts girl, Crossbreedís Bellyband works really well for me in running/beltless shorts. It makes for an easy hot weather, casual, shirt untucked without a cover layer carry solution, and as stable as any other open, friction retention holster.
Like TFG said, I have....one or two holsters.

+1 on the belly band. They look kind of cheesy on the website but they're a lot more heavy duty than I expected.
Old 7 July 2018, 16:52
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
Just imagining you in your yoga pants with that Crossbreed....

I make that shit look good.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 7 July 2018, 21:37
Navigating

Don’t make me show you all up with my fanny-pack!!

- Excerpt from Gates of Fire, Michael Yon
Old 8 July 2018, 02:34
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256 View Post
Donít make me show you all up with my fanny-pack!!
Get with the times man. It's a european carry all.
Old 8 July 2018, 22:04
Confirmed User

Thank you all for the great information. Looks like I will get her two set ups, and I'm sure she'll over time develop her own preferences.

Again, thank you!
Old 9 July 2018, 02:58
Proud wearer of a Beard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le3 View Post
Do they make cooking aprons with holsters?
Old 9 July 2018, 10:02
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
a stiff leather belt of at least 1" should suffice.
I'm gonna buck the 'stiff belt' trend. I find stiff gun belts extremely uncomfortable for my body type. I'm more 0 than O, and stiff ones dig into my hip bones. I'm really enjoying my $27 Fjallraven belt for concealed carry:

https://www.amazon.com/Fjallraven-Ca...dp/B002PI8DKY/
Super light, infinitely adjustable, wide enough, flexible enough, thick enough, super strong, does not stretch, and cheap.
Old 9 July 2018, 13:14
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear View Post
Do they make cooking aprons with holsters?
You have to scroll over it and make it turn blue and then hit 'open link'.
Not sure of the holster details, but seems she was pretty quick on the draw.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/08/watch-pistol-packing-waitress-defends-george-webb-co-worker-during-attack.html
Old 10 July 2018, 08:00
‹ber Equus Asinus

https://deneadams.com/collections/le...ducts/key-lime

Not a gun belt.. but a gun corset...

My wife has a hard time carrying.. she doesnt want to wear a "mens" belt (unfeminine, and uncomfortable for her), and many of her clothes either dont work with the shirt untucked, or if untucked, the shirt isnt long enough to reliably conceal a firearm..

The above is what she uses probably 75-80% of the time...

Its just as fast to deploy from as an IWB type holster, is comfortable, and actually hides the firearm MUCH better than a typical IWB or OWB holster does when used on the hip, appendix, or behind the hip (women have hips.. guns print pretty bad there)..

And.. she's a chick.. she gets the added benefit of her holster doing her the same favor her "spanx" or whatever other body shaping garment she wants to wear for the day would give her..

Theyre a little bit spendy.. but theyre well made (she's been wearing hers for over a year at this point.. it shows no sign of wear).. and actually work.. unlike some of the other gimmicky body wear holsters stuff I have seen (thunderwear, etc..etc..)..

Our new posting rules