SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Book Reviews

Old 4 February 2018, 15:39
Chuck Norris Approved

How to Survive an Active Killer

How to Survive an Active Killer: An Honest Look at Your Role in the Age of Mass Violence

Good friend and training partner self published this book. It is written for the basic layperson and not a law enforcement officer or service member.
Old 4 February 2018, 15:53
Policeman Officer

There are some excellent training courses out there on this topic, several of which I've taken. But the bottom line is the killing will continue until they're stopped.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 5 February 2018, 08:01
Chuck Norris Approved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
There are some excellent training courses out there on this topic, several of which I've taken. But the bottom line is the killing will continue until they're stopped.
Agreed! His book does not have the answers and he even states that in it. What it does is make someone take a good look at themselves to see what their capabilities are and hopefully at what they are willing to do to survive.
Old 5 February 2018, 08:39
Confirmed User

Jeff Cooper said "Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" and "The only acceptable response to the threat of lethal violence is immediate and savage counterattack. If you resist, you just may get killed. If you don't resist you almost certainly will get killed. It is a tough choice, but there is only one right answer."

This is not a new question. I pity those who lack the skills to do something. I have no doubt about my ability to bleed out, but I've already decided that, if faced with this situation, I'm going to bleed out with my thumbs buried in someone's eye sockets, so that he won't be able to get to my wife and kids.
Old 5 February 2018, 12:03
Chuck Norris Approved

[/QUOTE] I have no doubt about my ability to bleed out, but I've already decided that, if faced with this situation, I'm going to bleed out with my thumbs buried in someone's eye sockets, so that he won't be able to get to my wife and kids.[/QUOTE]

This is the premise of his book. Are you willing to engage the threat by yourself? Are you willing to counter violence with violence and if so to what degree.

Our new posting rules