SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 16 October 2018, 08:38
Important nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
This, as far as I'm concerned, should be the 11th commandment.

That shit is a dark art.
Dad was a carpenter. I learned a lot from him. I can hang sheetrock but sure as hell can't spackle or tape worth a shit. It is magic for sure.
Old 16 October 2018, 22:31
I reckon so. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
YouTube rules for mechanical stuff, particularly for somebody like me who knows the "basics", but is not a mechanic.
Most times YT is the place to go . . . . or, in my case not go. . . Just spent an hour trying to fix YOUTUBE-Access on my computer when come to find out YT is down WORLDWIDE!

*Victims* Hate Winners.
Old 16 October 2018, 22:38
Shakin' the bush Boss

Sharky is watching Culture Club videos again and ripped a big gay hole in YouTube.
Old 17 October 2018, 04:34
I still think I'm fooling everyone

Quote:
YT is down WORLDWIDE!
NUUUUUUUU

You know, I sincerely wish that Youtube got restarted. 99,99% of it is worthless content created by and for basement dwellers, deranged children and people with various mental dysfunctions. Kind of like TV

Seriously though, YT became a biggest dump I've ever seen. Dump of useless videos. There's brilliance and beautiful things there too, only they're sometimes so buried you have to plow thru shit like a real deal sewer diver to get to them. People should get hazard pay for searching for something on YouTube.
Old 17 October 2018, 09:31
Drawing my cutlass

When someone refers to those fucking 9/11 motherfuckers as pilots.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 17 October 2018, 12:04
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdjohn View Post
Dad was a carpenter. I learned a lot from him. I can hang sheetrock but sure as hell can't spackle or tape worth a shit. It is magic for sure.
If you can 'flog the dog' you can spackle or mud. To feather it out it's all in the motion of the wrist.

and you get better with practice.
Old 17 October 2018, 15:20
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul85 View Post
NUUUUUUUU

You know, I sincerely wish that Youtube got restarted. 99,99% of it is worthless content created by and for basement dwellers, deranged children and people with various mental dysfunctions. Kind of like TV

Seriously though, YT became a biggest dump I've ever seen. Dump of useless videos. There's brilliance and beautiful things there too, only they're sometimes so buried you have to plow thru shit like a real deal sewer diver to get to them. People should get hazard pay for searching for something on YouTube.
Sometimes you write like you're from Poland. Other times you write like you're from middle America.
Old 17 October 2018, 16:12
I still think I'm fooling everyone

In Poland I am a middle class person, and I suppose middle America or middle Poland are more or less the same in terms of how we perceive things.
Old 17 October 2018, 19:40
Never to old to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
The wife just let the dealership sucker her into $286 for a transmission flush on her 2014 Jeep Wrangler...that just hit 60K miles.
The owner manual stated that at 60K it needed to be done that how they convinced, her it had to be done.

It's your fault for not taken it in your self.

Many years ago the wife took her VW in for service, Lub & oil changes. Called he an said that the brakes needed to be replaced. I told her to tell them that she wanted the old one.
They didn't leave them in the car for me to look at. When I got home I wanted to look at them. Pissed me of that the old one were not in the car.

I went to the dealer an asked for them. They brought me a set of brakes shoes. That's when all hell started. The dumb shits gave me a set an I am not sure if they were from the wife's V.W. They fucked up because theses' had a lot more miles on them. Got our money back for them. Remember that I am 3/4 of a century old.
Old 17 October 2018, 19:46
Never to old to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebean54 View Post
You are literally holding a fucking cell phone with more computing power than all of the Apollo missions combined and youre to fucking stupid to use it to figure another way to your destination. But you are also a gigantic canoe of douche because you’re too damn rude to put your phone down when you ask for my assistance in unfucking your current situation. So know I have yell over your “BFF” talking, on speaker phone, about having to pick her herpes medicine before her date this weekend.

Columbus floated across the freaking ocean on a wooden boat, bedsheet sails, navigating with the sun and stars. iPhone 9 comes standard with like 47 navigation apps. Wtf is the disconnect???

Last night gave Forest Whitaker eye....
Whitebean54; Just to let you know that there is recall on White Beans nation wide due to health hazard

Read the article this A.M.
Old 19 October 2018, 10:19
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatmedic View Post
I posted this before in this thread but I need to add to it.

02-2018. Rotator Cuff Repair
05-2018. Bacterial Pneumonia
06-1018. Abd. Surgery
08-2018. Broken Tibia and Fibula. Still non-weight bearing.

I have been off work since mid February.

And then:

A week ago I feel like shit. Sweaty, run down etc, in bed all of last week very dizzy upon standing. Saturday morning I decided to self asses. Diaphoretic, no radial pulses, no carotid pulses. Very pale. Have my wife take me to the ER....
New onset Atrial Fibrillation. Very unstable. HR 160-220. No radial or carotid pulses. Synch Cardioversion was next. Echocardiogram is good. All tests are good.

I got a beta blocker that did nothing. Some IVP Diltiazem, then infusions of Dilt. Finally converted to Sinus about 12 hours later. I was in ICU, but went to a telemetry floor and PO Dilt is keeping me hemodynamically stable with a sinus rhythm of 70BPM and I am going home today.

This year can eat my ass. I have been off work since mid February and will be off for the rest of the year.

Looking forward to a nice, healthy 2019.
I finally found something I am good at.

Keeping this thread alive and loaded all kinds of good stuff.

Aaannnnnd back to the OR I go. Day after Thanksgiving.

I formally severed the patient/provider relationship with the other clown. I am now followed by the Ortho. Chief who always has PA students with him. Cool and very competent cat.

Something about Adhesive Encapsulitis, a bottle of Jack and an ice pick. The ROM in my shoulder is shit.

What the fuck ya gonna do? Could always be worse.

It don't come easy.--Ringo Starr

Equality is no measure of success.
Old 19 October 2018, 10:31
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
I finally found something I am good at.

Keeping this thread alive and loaded all kinds of good stuff.

Aaannnnnd back to the OR I go. Day after Thanksgiving.

I formally severed the patient/provider relationship with the other clown. I am now followed by the Ortho. Chief who always has PA students with him. Cool and very competent cat.

Something about Adhesive Encapsulitis, a bottle of Jack and an ice pick. The ROM in my shoulder is shit.

What the fuck ya gonna do? Could always be worse.
It might be time to take you to the vet, and just have them put you down.

Seriously though, hope you get to better health soon. I'm due for another epidural soon.
Old 22 October 2018, 03:58
Been There Done That

My prostate gland. Just for now. I'll get over it. But right now its pissing me off. Literally.
Old 23 October 2018, 15:30
Drawing my cutlass

Hospital induced delirium.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 23 October 2018, 15:51
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaclerk View Post
Hospital induced delirium.
‘Splain please.
Old 23 October 2018, 15:54
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
My prostate gland. Just for now. I'll get over it. But right now its pissing me off. Literally.
Can’t go? Flowmax helps.

Old 23 October 2018, 16:28
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
‘Splain please.
Dad’s been in the hospital with pneumonia and hasn’t slept for 48 hours. He’s doing the hallucination thing most of us have experienced after prolonged sleep deprivation coupled with extreme disorientation. This is his second bout in seven days.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:

Billy L-Bach
Quote:

Tracy
Old 23 October 2018, 18:02
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Dad’s been in the hospital with pneumonia and hasn’t slept for 48 hours. He’s doing the hallucination thing most of us have experienced after prolonged sleep deprivation coupled with extreme disorientation. This is his second bout in seven days.
Know it all too well. Prayers sent brother.
Old 23 October 2018, 18:39
Anesthetized User

Quote:
I call that auto-pilot.

I hope your dad does well.

Old 23 October 2018, 20:00
Been There Done That

Quote:
Can’t go? Flowmax helps.
No. Just the opposite. I drink too damn much coffee. There's probably no problem there...just bitching to be bitching.

Our new posting rules